Hey guys,

Just got the 9930. I noticed on this phone that the blackberry logo on the top right seems to not be there most of the time. Is this normal for the 9930?

Thanks,

Pooger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 12:53 PM
    tha blackberry logo means u have data BIS.. i.e, email, bbm, fb, twitter etc etc.

turn off your data services and it will go away.. it's a good indicator for when ur just using Wifi that u have all your BIS services up and running..

without this logo u will only be able to use the browser..
    08-26-11 12:55 PM
    No, mine is there constantly. I think that indicates if you have a data connection. Are you having any connectivity issues?
    08-26-11 12:56 PM
    it means you have data BIS. Without it no BBm, email etc. Just calls and SMS.
    08-26-11 01:05 PM
    No, mine is there constantly. I think that indicates if you have a data connection. Are you having any connectivity issues?
    Hmmm... I'm not noticing any connectivity issues. I do notice that my 3G pops to 1X once in a while and then back though. I seem to have no issues with bbm or getting emails when they come in.

I have not had a single dropped call yet since I moved to Verizon though. Loving that part because that's the primary reason why I have a cell phone.

One thing that is a downer is that data doesn't work while I'm talking on the phone. I wonder if they will add that functionality someday.
    08-26-11 01:06 PM
    Hmmm...
    One thing that is a downer is that data doesn't work while I'm talking on the phone. I wonder if they will add that functionality someday.
    No can do with CDMA technology. Now LTE I think will change that but those are all new phones..
    08-26-11 01:10 PM
    Ahhhh guess what? I just noticed that a bbm that I sent through the phone was on hold with the ))) symbol next to it like it was trying to reach the network. I popped out into the home screen and noticed that the blackberry data symbol was not there and it was waiting.

I sent a test message about 5 seconds later and when i pushed send on that one, the bbm logo came back up and the bbm message was sent to my friend.

This means I'm having some kind of connection issue right?
    08-26-11 01:15 PM
    Ahhhh guess what? I just noticed that a bbm that I sent through the phone was on hold with the ))) symbol next to it like it was trying to reach the network. I popped out into the home screen and noticed that the blackberry data symbol was not there and it was waiting.

I sent a test message about 5 seconds later and when i pushed send on that one, the bbm logo came back up and the bbm message was sent to my friend.

This means I'm having some kind of connection issue right?
    Yes most likely you have a connection issue ! call your service provider and ask them about your service and why you have a poor connection , also do a battery pull and a sim ! put battery back with out the sim and connect to WI-FI if you have the possibility. after that Do a battery pull and insert sim back, it might reset you SIM setting BIS and you will catch back you 4G-LTE.

It happen to me as well with Bell some times the H+ doesn't show so i pulled the battery and take sim out i connected to WI-FI then i pulled bat out insert sim and now i dont have any problem. (Service provider told me this)
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 08-26-11 at 01:39 PM.
    08-26-11 01:36 PM
    what does the sim card on the phone do?

I performed the steps you recommended just to see what happens.

This phone has 4G LTE?
    08-26-11 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD