Hey all thanks for stopping by:

I am trying to figure this out since I mostly am familiar with the BES. My aunt has a Bold thru Verizon and she is curious as to how to get the BIS connected? I am curious because she was able to setup her email on her device thru Verizon but when I check to see if she has an account in settings she doesn't. What are the advantages of using BIS as opposed to just setting up her email thru IMAP or POP?

Thanks all for your help
    02-20-12 08:32 AM
    The majority of BlackBerry services (email included) will only function on a BlackBerry specific plan (ie BIS or BES). You aunt will need to get a BIS plan from Version, as she won't be able to receive email by simply setting the email info in the device...
    02-20-12 08:50 AM
    The majority of BlackBerry services (email included) will only function on a BlackBerry specific plan (ie BIS or BES). You aunt will need to get a BIS plan from Version, as she won't be able to receive email by simply setting the email info in the device...
    Can you find your BIS username/password by logging into My Verizon? As I stated at one point the email was functioning fine so I am assuming that at some point it was setup.

Thoughts?
    02-20-12 11:58 AM
    No. Call VZW advanced tech support. They can walk her/you through it.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-20-12 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD