I am in Israel, have unlocked my phone (Verizon 9930), have a new Sim card in but have this Blackberry ID message that will not allow me to access anything. Its asking me for a user/password (none of which that I can think of work!) If I want to cancel, its telling me I have it will "wip" all my data; not good.

Is this an indication of me unlocking the phone incorrectly?

I cant use my phoen at all; help is greatly appreciated.
    08-25-11 02:53 PM
    when setting up the torch 9810 it prompted but i was able to bypass without wiping the phone. curious, why don't you just create an ID?
    08-25-11 03:15 PM
    If you don't have a bb id already you can go ahead and create one, it has nothing to do with the carriers
    08-25-11 03:19 PM
    If you don't have a bb id already you can go ahead and create one, it has nothing to do with the carriers
    I have one but the user/pass doesnt work! I checked it on online and I can log in there...
    When i try to change the password, its telling my request cannot be completed; please ensure that you BB id is activated...

What am I doing wrong?

Why does it only pop up then when I put in the new sim card?

EDIT-one more thing, how do i know for sure that I properly unlocked my phone? Will it say something somewhere that it is indeed unlocked?
    Last edited by kwitel; 08-25-11 at 03:37 PM.
    08-25-11 03:27 PM
    Does your new SIM have BB services enabled?
    If this phone is associated with some other BBID then you will need to wipe the phone and then enter your new BBID.
    You can simple wipe the phone and then put in the new SIM. You then won't need to sign in with BBID.
    08-25-11 04:06 PM
    Does your new SIM have BB services enabled?
    If this phone is associated with some other BBID then you will need to wipe the phone and then enter your new BBID.
    You can simple wipe the phone and then put in the new SIM. You then won't need to sign in with BBID.
    It does have BBs ervices enabled.
    Why do I have to wipe the phone though?
    I guess I can just wipe it and then BES will repopulate everthing?

I just dont want to have to re-enter all my preferences, apps, etc.
    08-25-11 04:20 PM
    It does have BBs ervices enabled.
    Why do I have to wipe the phone though?
    I guess I can just wipe it and then BES will repopulate everthing?

I just dont want to have to re-enter all my preferences, apps, etc.
    well that would be what a backup would be for, no?
    08-25-11 04:28 PM
    your BB ID is the same one that you log into BB App World with, because that is how these new OS7 phones manage your installed apps, everything is done thru App World.
    08-25-11 04:38 PM
    My BB ID is not the same as my BB world one. Although I did have trouble as well when I got my new Bold. I just selected forgot password and it let me change it. Everything worked after that!
    08-25-11 06:04 PM
    I am in Israel, have unlocked my phone (Verizon 9930), have a new Sim card in but have this Blackberry ID message that will not allow me to access anything. Its asking me for a user/password (none of which that I can think of work!) If I want to cancel, its telling me I have it will "wip" all my data; not good.

Is this an indication of me unlocking the phone incorrectly?

I cant use my phoen at all; help is greatly appreciated.
    your BB ID is the same one that you log into BB App World with, because that is how these new OS7 phones manage your installed apps, everything is done thru App World.
    This is true and was the first thing I thought of
    My BB ID is not the same as my BB world one. Although I did have trouble as well when I got my new Bold. I just selected forgot password and it let me change it. Everything worked after that!
    I would try what is indicated above.

Another thing you can do is to pull your sim card and set up a brand new BBID through app world, Put your sim card back in then and see if this works for you. Best of luck to you, I know it can be frustrating but hang in there and look through the BB knowledge base on BB.com as well.

THis whole thing by the way isd really meant for the OP but I thought you both had good points so the OP should try my and your suggestions.
    08-25-11 06:18 PM
    Sounds like you may have an issue similar to others, if you are still stuck and have spent this much time already trying to get the phone going i'd check out the sticky at the top that mentions blackberry id trouble, though your problem isnt exactly the same, it may be worth downloading an os and starting from scratch
    08-25-11 06:42 PM
    i hate the new BBID. hated it as soon as i had to sign up when i got new verizon 9930.

ok.

get to colombia 9930 finds my wifi and runs fine with verizon sim just had the cell phone side turned off.

in colombia i put in local SIM card i have (voice plus BB data plan). phone works. but when trying to add email addresses says "device can not find server". almost like it wants me to have verizon serivce running in order to work.

OK. so i pull local SIM and put verizon SIM back in. now it wont let me use email via local wifi.

OK. put local SIM in my older ATT unblocked 9800 i think (older bold). it worked perfectly before.

NOW. i had to re-set up 2 email accts (no BBID just the old way). worked fine. cell phone voice works. BUT BUT BUT.... wife recognized but does not work (guessing bec of BBID issues).

So thank you blackberry after spending $250 i am worse off than i was when i started.

I am sure one of u smart guys can help me. Goal is to get 9930 working 100% down here.
    09-02-11 04:50 PM
    I have same problem above in Dubai. Anyone figure this out?
    12-17-11 08:05 PM
    Yes, well it supposed to let you change to a new password if you have a Blackberry data plan from your service provider.
    12-18-11 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD