I got a new pay as you go sim chip through rogers and so i had to enter my berry ID username and password. when i did it told me it was wrong, so i went on my laptop and changed my password and tryed agian and it is still telling me that it is wrong. i am 100% sure that i am entering the right username and password as i have them sitting right in front of me on my laptop and am able to sign into it on my laptop, yet when i try and enter it into my phone it tells me it is wrong, ive entered it 9/10 times and now i dont know what to do.
    has anyone had this problem or know what to do about it?
    12-22-11 04:29 PM
    It may be looking for the BlackberryID and password used with the last sim card. Changing the password via the web site may not update to the phone. If your old password had numbers or special characters in it, make sure you are using the alt key to get them.

Your phone may wipe/erase itself it you put in the wrong password too many times. I hope you have a backup or you were using Blackberry Protect. You may want to put your old sim back in and see if you can get the phone working and do a backup prior to trying again.

Lastly, does the pay as you go card have Blackberry BIS data on it?
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-22-11 at 05:00 PM.
    12-22-11 04:58 PM
    It may be looking for the BlackberryID and password used with the last sim card. Changing the password via the web site may not update to the phone. If your old password had numbers or special characters in it, make sure you are using the alt key to get them.

Your phone may wipe/erase itself it you put in the wrong password too many times. I hope you have a backup or you were using Blackberry Protect. You may want to put your old sim back in and see if you can get the phone working and do a backup prior to trying again.

Lastly, does the pay as you go card have Blackberry BIS data on it?

i gave the sim i was using to the chick at rogers to chuck, i think im just gunna head back there and see if its still around somewhere and try to salvage what i can

and im not sure about the BIS
    12-22-11 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD