Hi guys

I recently just got a new bold 9900 (work phone) and when i went to update the apps it asked for my bb id which i put in. But then i realised I put the id that corresponds with my personal phone. So i was logging in and the next box came up and said do you want to swap you pin number.

Now this is where i am confused if i click yes will that stuff up my personal phone?

I thought it might so i went and made a new BB ID but i can't change it on my phone now it just won't let me. Any ways i can change it?

Keeping in mind this is a work phone that is attached to the enterprise server so i don't really want to wipe anything off and have to go back to the IT guys and say i stuff the phone up.

Any help will be greatly apprecitated.
    02-14-12 03:44 AM
    Have you tried changing your credentials from Options->Device->Blackberry ID?
    02-14-12 07:16 PM
    funny, today somehow my mommy wanted my simcard because she needed it urgently because she lost her phone in house lol.
    she swapped my simcard that i have from another phones simcard and she puts my main simcard in my old blackberry and she went away.
    and nope nothing of my personal stuff has changed on my blackberry nor on my old blackberry.
    and i got my simcard back and put it back on it, and everything still remains the same.
    02-14-12 07:26 PM
    Have you tried changing your credentials from Options->Device->Blackberry ID?
    i have tried doing that but everytime i go to save it asks for my password. Which i input the correct password for my new id. But for some reason it will only accept the password for my account that i dont want to use.
    02-15-12 01:16 AM
    You should check with you IT department, but I think your only solution is a security wipe. The security wipe has the option to leave programs and only delete personal data. This may save a bit of time, but you may need help setting up the corporate email, contacts, calendar and etc.
    02-15-12 05:53 AM
    funny, today somehow my mommy wanted my simcard because she needed it urgently because she lost her phone in house lol.
    she swapped my simcard that i have from another phones simcard and she puts my main simcard in my old blackberry and she went away.
    and nope nothing of my personal stuff has changed on my blackberry nor on my old blackberry.
    and i got my simcard back and put it back on it, and everything still remains the same.
    A lot of his problem is how the new OS7 devices work. Your mom's old phone probably wasn't OS 7.
    02-15-12 05:56 AM
    Can I share my BB ID with my wife's phone and share the apps? Or can only one phone be associated at a time?
    02-15-12 12:02 PM
    Can I share my BB ID with my wife's phone and share the apps? Or can only one phone be associated at a time?
    The BBID is now how Rim deals with a users PIN, so no, you cannot share a BBID. In the past when you changed you phone, you had to update apps and BBM contacts, and email with your new PIN. It is now done automatically when you use the BBID on the new phone; Apps and contacts now get moved over to the new PIN, and your emails then begin going to the new phone.
    02-15-12 12:26 PM
    You should check with you IT department, but I think your only solution is a security wipe. The security wipe has the option to leave programs and only delete personal data. This may save a bit of time, but you may need help setting up the corporate email, contacts, calendar and etc.
    Thanks for that info. I am a bit worried about doing the security wipe then losing all the info that the IT department has put on the phone. So there isnt any other way of changing the ID on the phone? bummer.

Would would happen if i accept the pin change? will my personal phone then fail? its a 9780 if that helps.
    02-16-12 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD