Hi!

One year I used a Garmin Europe 6.0.0 GPS service on my phone 9900 that I bought from Garmin(99.99 $US)! Suddenly stopped working and I received the following error:

"Unable to authenticate". Then when I click "Retry" I have got alert "Unable to fullfil request.Please try again.(Code: 99502-054)"!

I have contacted Garmin support and I got the following message from them today:

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

Unfortunately BlackBerry have discontinued this service.

So the reason you are getting this error is because it no longer exists.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but there is no way of receiving this service.

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know. Alternatively you can search for a solution here: Support | Garmin

Kind regards,

Garmin Europe

I am very disappointed and do not really know who to blame for this: Garmin or BlackBerry?
    09-27-13 07:52 PM
    Hi!

One year I used a Garmin Europe 6.0.0 GPS service on my phone 9900 that I bought from Garmin(99.99 $US)! Suddenly stopped working and I received the following error:

"Unable to authenticate". Then when I click "Retry" I have got alert "Unable to fullfil request.Please try again.(Code: 99502-054)"!

I have contacted Garmin support and I got the following message from them today:

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

Unfortunately BlackBerry have discontinued this service.

So the reason you are getting this error is because it no longer exists.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but there is no way of receiving this service.

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know. Alternatively you can search for a solution here: Support | Garmin

Kind regards,

Garmin Europe

I am very disappointed and do not really know who to blame for this: Garmin or BlackBerry?
    It's unfortunate, but, even if you were mad at both Garmin Europe and BlackBerry, it won't change the fact that the service is discontinued.
    darkolp likes this.
    09-27-13 08:02 PM
    That's really unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried to contact BlackBerry?
    darkolp likes this.
    09-27-13 08:05 PM
    That... sounds like bull****.

I mean, Garmin is a GPS company, and BlackBerry Maps wasn't licensed from Garmin.

BlackBerry should not have anything to do with Garmin's services. This is like Google saying that Google Maps is no longer available for iOS because Apple has discontinued it

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    darkolp likes this.
    09-27-13 08:18 PM
    The free Blackberry Navigator app uses Tom Tom.
    Have you tried this?
    darkolp likes this.
    09-28-13 04:23 AM
    Many thanks to all for your responses, I am looking to find out the appropriate GPS replacment!

Best regards!
    09-29-13 06:11 PM
    Of course, all suggestions are welcome and thanks!

BR
    09-29-13 06:14 PM