04-30-11 09:37 PM
198 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Anyone think it will have a glass screen? Pretty much all (if not all) touchscreen smartphones have glass screens so I wonder if BlackBerry will do this for the hybrid berry.
    I would think it's glass.
    02-02-11 12:38 AM
    I would think it's glass.
    Glass is too fragile, keep that for the iPhone... Gorilla Glass is the way to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 05:54 AM
    Does anyone know if this phone will work on 1700/2100mhz AWS?
    Is anyone able to answer this question?

Thanks.

02-03-11 10:35 AM
    Is anyone able to answer this question?

Thanks.

No, it will not.
    02-03-11 12:06 PM
    Thanks. That sucks I really want this phone.

02-03-11 02:32 PM
    Not gonna be called the Dakota...
    02-04-11 02:37 PM
    Trolls don't have the luxury of being awakened... You are trolling a device that hasn't even been released yet. Sit back, relax and wait until launch day before you spew your anti-blackberry venom here.

the 9000 was the pinnacle of Blackberry, ahead of the competition and the best of its time and the first to take over the Curve as the flagship phone.

The New Bold, 10K will surpass the current Bold in every way needed.

I think it will be HSPA+ (Rim is not releasing LTE radios until they become more compact and portable.

Mobile hotspot

HD video recording

What exactly is not in this phone, that you desire so much?
    02-05-11 01:01 PM
    Are we talking March 2012?

My contract is done, and I'm milking my used Bold 9000. If it is March 2011, then I can wait for a couple of months to get it. If it's next year, I might as well settle for the 9780 now.

To the best of your knowledge, any of you guys can help me out on this?
    I need to make a decision soon whether to get the 9780 or not. I'm willing to wait 3-4 months, but if it's more towards year's end, then i'll get the 9780.

Cheers
    02-07-11 11:30 AM
    This is what I do that may help you. I am not waiting so I picked up the Torch. I monitor these boards so as we get closer to release of any of the new phones, I sell my phone to get an early upgrade. Not sure how Rogers works but AT&T after 8 months you can get an early upgrade for $75 plus the price of the phone at the discounted price example $200. I will end up selling my torch for $300 and I have the full amount to cover the phone. I call it flipping and very little to nothing out of pocket, unless your paying cash. So if you have anything similiar to AT&T I would get the 9780 now.

P.S. Keep the box intact, phone in mint condition to get the most for your phone. Keep all the zip lock bags to put everything as if new, you'll get more bids for your phone.

I need to make a decision soon whether to get the 9780 or not. I'm willing to wait 3-4 months, but if it's more towards year's end, then i'll get the 9780.

Cheers
    02-07-11 11:49 AM

Cheers
    Everything I've seen has it coming out in quarter three. I heard from CX it will come out earlier on GSM than CDMA but I believe it is most likely coming in the Summer for both.
    02-07-11 11:57 AM
    ive been waiting for this BB >
    02-08-11 04:17 PM
    If truncated emails would be a thing of the past. I would be very tempted to stay with BB! But as long as truncated emails are gonna stay I want to at least give android a shot.
    02-09-11 09:27 PM
    I have been waiting FOREVER for this blackberry. I switch to android last august from the tour because we didn't get the torch and I hate flip phones so the 9670 was NOT an option. Unfortunately the battery life on my Evo is NOTHING like my old tour, but I refuse to downgrade. Don't get me wrong, the Evo is amazing and I def think it competes with the iphone head to head, but its nothing like my blackberry!!!
    02-10-11 06:14 PM
    Are we talking March 2012?

My contract is done, and I'm milking my used Bold 9000. If it is March 2011, then I can wait for a couple of months to get it. If it's next year, I might as well settle for the 9780 now.
    forget it, RIM always delay and delay, dacota will coming in may 2012 (may be yes may be no also)
    02-11-11 12:40 AM
    why would anyone use video calling, cant lie and say you are working late when you are really in the pub if your partner video calls you hahaha, or call in sick to work if they can see you

its bad enough talking to some people dont want to see them
    02-11-11 07:44 AM
    Why does the BB sites know or think they know the Torch 2 will have 14.4 but dont seem to know if Bold Torch will be 4g (14.4)??? Why would RIM not want to leak that this will be 14.4? Are they afraid of slowing current sales? AT&T is really rampinp up the 4G in their marketing so why not get in front of it?
    02-11-11 07:50 PM

Cheers
    I spoke over the phone with a Blackberry Tech about my Storm unable to browse the web. After resolving my issue I asked about if Verizon was getting any newer phones soon. He told me the Monaco and Montana were coming out this spring 2011 to Verizon. He verified the info with his shift supervisor, was reading out to me the tech specs as same as posted earlier in this thread and confirmed it's Spring 2011.

I know its heresay, just relaying what Tech support told me. BlackIbanez, maybe this helps with your decision in some way.
    02-13-11 09:55 PM
    Any info if this phone works on this?

Frequencies / Bands: HSPA: AWS (1700,2100), 2100 MHz
    02-14-11 08:41 PM
    the 9000 was the pinnacle of Blackberry, ahead of the competition and the best of its time and the first to take over the Curve as the flagship phone.

The New Bold, 10K will surpass the current Bold in every way needed.

I think it will be HSPA+ (Rim is not releasing LTE radios until they become more compact and portable.

Mobile hotspot

HD video recording

What exactly is not in this phone, that you desire so much?
    If truncated emails would go away I would not even think about going to android.........as this upcoming BB would be perfect.....
    02-14-11 08:49 PM
    i really hope that this phone can support hspa+. its 2011, 4g covers over 200million ppl here on tmo and att has a small foot print with hspa+ also. it would just be such a huge disappointment if this phone doesnt support 14.4 hspa+. since rim is more evo than revo, im expecting the worst. maybe in 1-2 yrs it can support hspa+?

but, ill take what i can get. and ill just wait for tmo to have those sweet free smart phone promos to snatch this up. so im prolly gonna wait til sept or later even if this phone comes out in may.
    02-15-11 03:25 AM
    Im sure it will support HSPA, speaking of which, what current BB do support that format?

It just won't support 4G, which isn't as big of a deal as people make out to seem, not even iphone 5 will support 4G, but you can get your bottom dollar Iphone 5GS will. The S is for speed
    02-16-11 11:07 PM
    I really hope this will be on TMO as well. I agree, a touchscreen plus a right there keyboard when you need it, what else could be better. Oh and to mention its a BOLD? Triple threat!!!
    02-18-11 11:01 PM
    Hmm, wonder when it will be released world wide?

02-19-11 04:49 AM
    02-19-11 05:10 PM
    Notice the backlit trackpad? Very nice!
    02-19-11 05:38 PM
198 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD