Rumored Specifications:
    • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    • Tri-band UMTS
    • 5 megapixel camera with HD video recording, flash, and image stabilization
    • 4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM
    • 2.8-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive screen
    • WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies
    • 3G mobile hotspot!
    • MicroUSB port
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Magnetometer
    • Accelerometer
    • Proximity sensor
    • 10.5mm thin
    • Launches with BlackBerry OS 7

01-13-11 04:47 PM
    I've been waiting for this device forever now!
    01-13-11 05:15 PM
    X2, x2, x2......since long before last years teaser rumors about it coming out!
    01-13-11 05:22 PM
    Just curious, how do you mods decide when it gets its own forum? Last year there were some pretty believable rumors and some pretty good fake pics of what this device would look like but only now it gets a forum area? Does this mean that we can take it to the bank that this pic is for really real this time? And why do you think so?

Thanks,
    Chad
    01-13-11 05:25 PM
    I REALLY hope that T-Mobile gets this!
    01-13-11 05:57 PM
    The perfect device would be this phone, keyboard, touchscreen, hd camera, fast processor, nice screen. I'd never purchase another phone again!
    01-13-11 06:27 PM
    Kevin makes those decisions and if we told you, we'd have to KEEEEL u.
    01-13-11 06:53 PM
    If this would have launched last year, I may not have left Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 07:24 PM
    wow there is a lot of other pointless threads in this forum already. this should really be the only thread until a new leak comes out.

anyways i wonder if its too late? no video calling either? HUGE fail. they better delay this again and put one in. blackberry is the only platform that cant do video calling... well them and palm. hmmmm anyone else see the similarities between the 2 companies...
    01-13-11 07:41 PM
    Well, I do not want to be keeled today! Just glad to know that you guys are taking this pic seriously enough to give it its own area. If you think it is real, then I think it is real........I hope y'all are right!!!

I'm going get in line for one tomorrow morning!

Video schmideo, never had it and won't miss it. Half of the networks can't do it anyway. Besides, I like to talk on the phone while in the, er, um, uh, water closet? Don't need peeps looking at me in there!
    Last edited by chadecoen; 01-13-11 at 07:44 PM.
    01-13-11 07:42 PM
    This may be the device that I leave the CDMA world for! This or the Torch2!
    01-13-11 08:10 PM
    I am desperately hoping TMO get's this. This phone looks amazing. I don't have any desire for a video calling capability personally.
    01-13-11 08:15 PM
    There were a lot of complaints in the comments to the blog post (BlackBerry Dakota pictured and specs revealed; Keyboard, touchscreen, HD video and more | CrackBerry.com) regarding the screen resolution in the Dakota concept (2.8", 640x480), so I decided do do some calculations and comparisons.

As you can see from the attached file, I compared the BB Dakota display against the displays in the BB Bold 9700, BB Torch 9800, Samsung Captivate, Droid X, Droid Pro, and iPhone 4.

Result: Only the iPhone 4 has a higher screen resolution (pixels/inch). None of the BlackBerries or Androids even came close.

With my 9700, pictures and text are sharp (not fuzzy), even with a magnifying glass. So the Dakota screen will be beautiful indeed!
    mover23, steiale, xam5 and 2 others like this.
    01-13-11 08:16 PM
    I can care less about the video calling thing. Wife has it on her phone, never uses the stupid thing and knows plenty of peeps that use it as well.

I am all for this device hitting TMobile! Paaaalease!

01-13-11 08:56 PM
    wow there is a lot of other pointless threads in this forum already. this should really be the only thread until a new leak comes out.

anyways i wonder if its too late? no video calling either? HUGE fail. they better delay this again and put one in. blackberry is the only platform that cant do video calling... well them and palm. hmmmm anyone else see the similarities between the 2 companies...
    palm @ least tries to innovate, RIM is comfortable in their @$$ groove. this phone is too little too late IMO. More Recycled garbage...
    01-13-11 10:20 PM
    palm @ least tries to innovate, RIM is comfortable in their @$$ groove. this phone is too little too late IMO. More Recycled garbage...
    This doesn't even make sense. What about these specs do you find recycled?
    01-13-11 10:24 PM
    I don't like the 4 buttons under the screen to be touch-sensitive (at least they seem to be). Other than that, it is "perfect" for me. But I'm torn now. Get the 9780 or wait for the Dakota...
    01-13-11 10:32 PM
    Well, I do not want to be keeled today! Just glad to know that you guys are taking this pic seriously enough to give it its own area. If you think it is real, then I think it is real........I hope y'all are right!!!

Video schmideo, never had it and won't miss it. Half of the networks can't do it anyway. Besides, I like to talk on the phone while in the, er, um, uh, water closet? Don't need peeps looking at me in there!
    i hope it's real too
    01-13-11 11:18 PM
    This doesn't even make sense. What about these specs do you find recycled?
    didn't say specs were recycled. but your experience from the 9000 won't be much diff here despite 1ghz. wake me up when a 1ghz+ processor is coupled with qnx.
    01-13-11 11:22 PM
    This may be the device that I leave the CDMA world for! This or the Torch2!
    Same here... I said the same thing today around the office. Lots of interest in this one.

01-13-11 11:41 PM
    didn't say specs were recycled. but your experience from the 9000 won't be much diff here despite 1ghz. wake me up when a 1ghz+ processor is coupled with qnx.
    HSPA + of 14.4 or higher (currently only available on 2 other US devices I believe) as opposed to 3.6 on the 9000, nfc which is currently only available on one other device in the US I think, screen res that by ppi is better than every other phone on the market other than the iphone4, hd video recording and a 5 mp camera...and your thing is the form factor is similar to the 9000? That is a grand form factor...it is the king of form factors.
    01-13-11 11:48 PM

i have a iphone 4 and a 9700. 2 separate and active lines and it is useful. especially since the iphone 4 u can skype or use yahoo messenger to video chat on. with an app called tango u can video call with any smartphone pretty much. video calling is becoming more and more popular.

lets not forget that rim notoriously overcharges for products that the specs are not even close to the competition. i cant imagine what the price on this badboy would be.

I can care less about the video calling thing. Wife has it on her phone, never uses the stupid thing and knows plenty of peeps that use it as well.

I am all for this device hitting TMobile! Paaaalease!

all depends on people. i think if your in the married life u are probably less likely to use it as life is more focused on work or family. i can definitely see it coming in handy when u have young kids tho. i love my iphone 4 and i have friends all over the world so its cool to video chat with people everywhere for free. its basically a free long distance call to people forget.

yea i agree but palm really tried to innovate too late. how many people have u met in your life with a pre? i have met 1 lol. actually i didnt meet them it was a person online. i have never come across anyone using a palm pre. sorry i also came across 1 person with a pixi. thats it. i cant even believe palm is releasing a pre 2. it wasnt popular the first time. their designs are boring. they severely need to spice up their handset line up.

HSPA + of 14.4 or higher (currently only available on 2 other US devices I believe) as opposed to 3.6 on the 9000, nfc which is currently only available on one other device in the US I think, screen res that by ppi is better than every other phone on the market other than the iphone4, hd video recording and a 5 mp camera...and your thing is the form factor is similar to the 9000? That is a grand form factor...it is the king of form factors.
    high speed is absolutely useless on a blackberry. im sorry hspa u will barely notice as everything is compressed at rim. i went from a tour to a 9700 and saw BARELY any noticeable difference in speed.

video recording. i have it on my iphone 4. it sucks up tons of space. i recorded a 20 min video and it was over a 1gb in space. u really need tons of memory to use that.

i have been waiting for the dakota for what 2 years now. im finally happy its coming but disappointed theres no video calling. i bet the device will still be the thick phone instead of a slimmed down phone. something rim really needs to start focusing on.

also this needs to come sooner rather than later. something tells me this wont hit a company until may or june when this should have really been out a year ago. not to mention the verizon iphone will put a decent dent into blackberry and android customer base
    01-14-11 01:57 AM
    I want this so bad. Ever since I moved away from the 9000, it has been a constant stream of exchanging phones. 8900, 9630, 9650, 9700, 9800, 9780. But I kept thinking back to the form factor and size of 9000 and the feeling I got when it first sat in my hand. This might just hold me down for a long while.
    01-14-11 02:45 AM
    LOL!!!! This here is the reason I find these complainers laughable.

I think the device will go to my husband. It's too big for my hands. I'll go after the Torch 2.
    01-14-11 04:05 AM
    high speed is absolutely useless on a blackberry. im sorry hspa u will barely notice as everything is compressed at rim. i went from a tour to a 9700 and saw BARELY any noticeable difference in speed.

video recording. i have it on my iphone 4. it sucks up tons of space. i recorded a 20 min video and it was over a 1gb in space. u really need tons of memory to use that.

i have been waiting for the dakota for what 2 years now. im finally happy its coming but disappointed theres no video calling. i bet the device will still be the thick phone instead of a slimmed down phone. something rim really needs to start focusing on.

also this needs to come sooner rather than later. something tells me this wont hit a company until may or june when this should have really been out a year ago. not to mention the verizon iphone will put a decent dent into blackberry and android customer base
    there is definitely a difference. i felt it when the phones went from 1.8 to 3.6 to 7.2. i noticed it more so in the apps. for example, facebook pictures, loaded a lot faster and would also load up before i finished scrolling down.

i rather the hd video take up more space than non-HD with crap quality. if you're doing 20 minutes and better, you should be using a camcorder for that. because hd or no hd, you're using a lot of battery power.

i definitely would have loved video calling, but if RIM isn't ready, they aren't ready. i'm sure they have their reasons why it hasn't been added yet as most people if they had to take a guess 5 years ago at which company would have video share first, a majority would say RIM with BlackBerry devices. unfortunately, they weren't the first, but will definitely get there one day. if video share is that important, have you tried looking at those devices currently capable or future devices that will be?

we would all love it sooner, but unfortunately, AT&T has rigorous T.A. and it can take a device a very long time to come out... example, the Bold 9000. Who knows, maybe it'll go through AT&T w/o a hitch, but the device itself may not even be close to ready to get to AT&T for T.A.
    01-14-11 04:13 AM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD