When do you guys think we'll see a bold like form berry with HSPA+/and or LTE? As many of you probably know, VZ currently offers unlimited LTE data on its thunderbolt and im debating whether or not to switch just to lock it. After trying many many phones and their platforms i am convinced blackberry is for me but currently have the 2GB monthly plan on att.

I don't even like the thunderbolt to be honest, but in a world of tiered data in the very near future, i would like to be grandfathered in into unlimited data.

Suggestions, opinions?
    03-18-11 09:52 AM
    When do you guys think we'll see a bold like form berry with HSPA+/and or LTE? As many of you probably know, VZ currently offers unlimited LTE data on its thunderbolt and im debating whether or not to switch just to lock it. After trying many many phones and their platforms i am convinced blackberry is for me but currently have the 2GB monthly plan on att.

I don't even like the thunderbolt to be honest, but in a world of tiered data in the very near future, i would like to be grandfathered in into unlimited data.

Suggestions, opinions?
    I thought the thunderbolt only had unlimited 3G??
    03-18-11 09:58 AM
    Eh, LTE is overrated. I've read that having LTE on the thunderbolt on for a few hours will drain it to under 10 percent from a fully charged battery,...ROFL.
    03-21-11 06:23 AM
    Eh, LTE is overrated. I've read that having LTE on the thunderbolt on for a few hours will drain it to under 10 percent from a fully charged battery,...ROFL.
    Yup just like the evo. Whats the sense of having a phone like that for if it has to live on the charger?? cant wait for the Bold touch!
    03-22-11 04:43 PM
    Yup just like the evo. Whats the sense of having a phone like that for if it has to live on the charger?? cant wait for the Bold touch!
    Times - Freekin - Two!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 05:59 PM
    Dam I hope this device fits the charger, cases, body gloves I have for the 9700.
    03-28-11 11:17 AM
    I can't tell if the Bold Touch has the "D Key Nipple". I hope not. It is like a wart on my otherwise lovely Bold 9650.

03-28-11 12:58 PM
    Dam I hope this device fits the charger, cases, body gloves I have for the 9700.
    Most certainly will not I'm afraid.

03-28-11 04:59 PM
    Couldn't agree more... New hardware, new software, better specs, and better form factor (arguably) = HUGE FAIL!!!! Why didn't everybody think of this before? Is my sarcasm evident enough?

So RIM puts the mobile phone division on hold to try to come out with a professional-grade tablet after they find out that Apple is making one too. Still, they give us the Torch and the Style as new BBs in that time span, while directing all the efforts into the PB to compete with the iPad. Forget about their relative un/successes, I believe both of those phones were products of innovation. Now that the tablet is done (all is left is to announce the release date and price), they're re-directing their efforts back to the mobile devices front, where in less than 6 months, we're rumored to have a slew of all-new phones (new/better specs, new form factors, new models, improved OS [yet to be seen, sure]) and ppl are still not happy. Listen, start your own mobile device company and see if you can do better. Until then, if you don't like it, don't buy it. And, definitely, don't post comments that say "HUGE/EPIC FAIL" as if you've had time with the device and actually know what you're talking about.

/rant

this rant is a little funny. even cb/ bgr said when the torch came out what it brought to the table was already a year old in current tech. they havent brought anything new to the table at all. this phone was supposed to be out 2 years ago in reality. now its coming out, yea thats great but meh. people will buy it cuz its better than all the other crap they offer but by no means is it going to take market share from android/iphones.

of all the devices they leaked, not one even contains video calling, which has become damn near as normal as bluetooth in a phone these days.

rim = palm
    03-28-11 08:36 PM
    Riley I completely agree. I was watching webnation on CP24 in canada last night, and motorola was showing off this new android phone that's gonna have face calling as well, a dual core processor and a ****load of space for internal memory. I really hope blackberry can install video calling into this device and it'll be perfect! If not, then in the words of Riley Freeman... "Dem Niggas Gay" hahahaha

looool. im so late in seeing in this
    03-28-11 08:43 PM
    this rant is a little funny. even cb/ bgr said when the torch came out what it brought to the table was already a year old in current tech. they havent brought anything new to the table at all. this phone was supposed to be out 2 years ago in reality. now its coming out, yea thats great but meh. people will buy it cuz its better than all the other crap they offer but by no means is it going to take market share from android/iphones.

of all the devices they leaked, not one even contains video calling, which has become damn near as normal as bluetooth in a phone these days.

rim = palm
    I tend to agree. I will have one and it will be far improved from existing devices but nothing earth shattering. One of the guys in the office jusdt got the new HTC device with VZW. Wow!

03-29-11 04:48 PM
    I tend to agree. I will have one and it will be far improved from existing devices but nothing earth shattering. One of the guys in the office jusdt got the new HTC device with VZW. Wow!

if liveprofile can get some serious server upgrades so that its not going down every few hours then more and more people will leave blackberry. i still have my berry and i plan on getting this touch bold but in the back of my mind i know its likely going to be my last blackberry and i might not even go a year with it before i completely ditch a second line.

simple exactly. i watched the majority of the ncaaa march madness tournament on my iphone. i have an unlimited data plan on my iphone. used about 24gb of data. all previous years i missed the tournament because its on during the day when im at work. i cant do these things from my blackberry.
    03-29-11 09:01 PM
    dont you think its sort of odd that a device like this is rumored at least once or twice each year but it never happens? i would actually love it.
    03-31-11 12:21 PM
    dont you think its sort of odd that a device like this is rumored at least once or twice each year but it never happens? i would actually love it.
    Verry odd. They may have started over once or twice...

03-31-11 04:24 PM
    hmn btw the led seems pretty small : (
    i like my 9700 led <3
    04-01-11 06:56 PM
    i think they had to get it right the first time. if they had screwed it up the first time, just adding a higher camera and more ram would not be enough to get people to buy a second if it wasnt right the first time. even though the standard bb can get updated with very little changes over and over. i dont think u can ask someone to spend the high price that this phone will carry just for a newer camera and maybe more ram had they released this prior.

now a second version of this they can add LTE and their new o.s. should be out by the time the second version of this comes out. they can really promote a diff between version 1 and version 2.

if they had released this before, they would be due for an update now and there wouldnt be much of anything they could have added to sell people on this. its bad enough they released the 9780
    04-02-11 01:00 AM
    I really like the look of this! I'm due an upgrade next month so I hope Vodafone get on it as soon as it comes out
    04-04-11 05:56 AM
    This has a full keyboard and a touchscreen?
    04-06-11 04:43 PM
    This has a full keyboard and a touchscreen?
    Yes, it does.
    04-06-11 05:22 PM
    I wonder if the steel frame only constitutes the metal around the phone? I would like to know if the back of the phone around the battery cover is composed of metal also?

Last edited by chaseh140; 04-07-11 at 07:19 PM.
    04-07-11 07:12 PM
    Unlikely.

04-07-11 07:35 PM
    I. Want. This. Phone.

That is all
    04-08-11 05:30 PM
    looks pretty damn good.
    04-08-11 07:09 PM
    when will it be released ?

can't wait for it..
    04-09-11 04:20 AM
    This is the perfect upgrade for BOLD 9700 users. I really hope it goes on T-Mobile despite the stupid AT&T merger. I just really hope RIM has stepped up on the build quality. Anyway, anyone have an expected launch date on this? Summer? May, June?
    04-12-11 10:10 AM
198 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD