Exciting!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 06:12 PM
    Why wouldn't RIM push the keyboard down towards the bottom and make the screen a bit longer on both the top and bottom? I realize it wouldn't be a lot but any extra screen real estate would be appreciated.

Still looking forward to this phone more so for the faster processor but a touch screen is a nice bonus
    02-19-11 06:45 PM
    Why wouldn't RIM push the keyboard down towards the bottom and make the screen a bit longer on both the top and bottom? I realize it wouldn't be a lot but any extra screen real estate would be appreciated.

Still looking forward to this phone more so for the faster processor but a touch screen is a nice bonus
    It's much more ergonomic for the hands (thumbs) if the keyboard doesn't start directly from the bottom.
    02-20-11 02:24 AM
    Bring 'em on!
    02-21-11 12:21 PM
    It's much more ergonomic for the hands (thumbs) if the keyboard doesn't start directly from the bottom.
    This will also be why they haven't gone for the tall device approach of that motorola device, a device would be unbalanced and less ergonomic so you lose the benefits of including the physical keyboard.
    02-21-11 03:42 PM
    So.....what name is that smeared on the back of the phone? It doesn't look like it says Dakota or Bold?
    02-21-11 08:20 PM
    So.....what name is that smeared on the back of the phone? It doesn't look like it says Dakota or Bold?
    Looks to me like the word "Brand."

Perhaps a placeholder, for where the "brand" name will go?
    02-21-11 09:49 PM
    This phone looks great! I can't wait to upgrade from my Bold 9650. I really like how the trackpad is lit. But why are the Call and End button not Red and Green, (and #'s not in red). It looks weird all white, I think!
    02-23-11 07:56 AM
    This phone looks great! I can't wait to upgrade from my Bold 9650. I really like how the trackpad is lit. But why are the Call and End button not Red and Green, (and #'s not in red). It looks weird all white, I think!
    I agree! The "monochrome" look makes it look generic and cheap. Perhaps this is because it is an unrefined prototype. The coloring on the call, end, and number keys make it just a little easier to use, and that productivity advantage is key to the allure of BlackBerry. I hope the final model includes the colored keys.

02-23-11 10:10 AM
    I prefer the all white look for the keys. But either way this phone is awesome.
    02-23-11 10:15 AM
    And while I'm complaining, I hope they dont use those mushy, cheap, stick-on buttons like the Torch. The discrete buttons on the Bold have a much firmer, more definite action.

But these are just refinements to what I believe will be the ultimate productivity smartphone. I will definitely buy it either way. It's unveiling has scuttled my plans to buy the Motorola Atrix.
    02-23-11 10:54 AM
    i think it looks outdated already but will reserve judgement until i see it in person
    Ummm,isn't that exactly what you're doing?
    02-28-11 07:06 PM
    I want Dakota but also love a compact 9780 form factor. Dakota looks a bit large
    (I know a bigger screen is the whole point, but still....).
    I will take it nevertheless, except;

1. Shape is ugly. Too rounded. It looks like giving an evil smile at me.
    2. Too big a chin. The phone is already too big but they might as well lower the keyboard a bit
    and increase the screen size.
    3. Do I look like putting my palm on my ear when talking on the phone, like those big ones
    a generation or two ago?

It looks like RIM is too cheap, trying to use as many old tooling & jigs as possible
    with minimum investment in H/W.

I do have a feeling that, by the time this thing comes out God knows when,
    enthusiasm have worn out and many more attractive devices will be flooding the market.
    02-28-11 11:23 PM
    wow there is a lot of other pointless threads in this forum already. this should really be the only thread until a new leak comes out.

anyways i wonder if its too late? no video calling either? HUGE fail. they better delay this again and put one in. blackberry is the only platform that cant do video calling... well them and palm. hmmmm anyone else see the similarities between the 2 companies...

Riley I completely agree. I was watching webnation on CP24 in canada last night, and motorola was showing off this new android phone that's gonna have face calling as well, a dual core processor and a ****load of space for internal memory. I really hope blackberry can install video calling into this device and it'll be perfect! If not, then in the words of Riley Freeman... "Dem Niggas Gay" hahahaha
    03-03-11 09:41 AM
    I personally like the look of the phone a lot, nice to switch up on the red and green buttons. I hope they leave it as is as far as the looks of it go.
    03-04-11 10:44 AM
    I want Dakota but also love a compact 9780 form factor. Dakota looks a bit large
    (I know a bigger screen is the whole point, but still....).
    I will take it nevertheless, except;

1. Shape is ugly. Too rounded. It looks like giving an evil smile at me.
    2. Too big a chin. The phone is already too big but they might as well lower the keyboard a bit
    and increase the screen size.
    3. Do I look like putting my palm on my ear when talking on the phone, like those big ones
    a generation or two ago?

It looks like RIM is too cheap, trying to use as many old tooling & jigs as possible
    with minimum investment in H/W.

I do have a feeling that, by the time this thing comes out God knows when,
    enthusiasm have worn out and many more attractive devices will be flooding the market.
    I couldn't agree more.

I have finally given UP on Android - I just purchased a new BOLD - 9650 for Verizon. I MUCH prefer the smaller and NON rounded form factor. I cannot wait to get back to my oh so comfortable blackberry - I have truly missed it!!
    03-06-11 01:25 AM
    I couldn't agree more.

I have finally given UP on Android - I just purchased a new BOLD - 9650 for Verizon. I MUCH prefer the smaller and NON rounded form factor. I cannot wait to get back to my oh so comfortable blackberry - I have truly missed it!!
    Which Android device did you give up on?
    03-06-11 10:00 AM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone else think that the call, menu, back and end buttons on the Bold Touch appear to be capacitative? Because there is no visible line or gap between the call/menu and back/end buttons as with most other Blackberrys.
    Last edited by S.R.K.; 03-07-11 at 06:44 AM.
    03-07-11 06:31 AM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone else think that the call, menu, back and end buttons on the Bold Touch appear to be capacitative? Because there is no visible line or gap between the call/menu and back/end buttons as with most other Blackberrys.
    You may be right. On my Bold 9650, the Menu and Esc button are actually one button that teters, with the Send and End being on their own. There does not seem to be any gaps on the leaked pictures. Though, that could change....
    03-07-11 08:30 AM
    It is the style with newer blackberries, such as the Torch. They're actual buttons.

I actually DON'T like them, at least on the Torch, because they seem kind of flimsy.
    03-07-11 01:17 PM
    It is the style with newer blackberries, such as the Torch. They're actual buttons.

I actually DON'T like them, at least on the Torch, because they seem kind of flimsy.
    Ah, thanks. I never noticed they were like that on the Torch.
    03-08-11 12:41 AM
    palm @ least tries to innovate, RIM is comfortable in their @$$ groove. this phone is too little too late IMO. More Recycled garbage...
    Couldn't agree more... New hardware, new software, better specs, and better form factor (arguably) = HUGE FAIL!!!! Why didn't everybody think of this before? Is my sarcasm evident enough?

So RIM puts the mobile phone division on hold to try to come out with a professional-grade tablet after they find out that Apple is making one too. Still, they give us the Torch and the Style as new BBs in that time span, while directing all the efforts into the PB to compete with the iPad. Forget about their relative un/successes, I believe both of those phones were products of innovation. Now that the tablet is done (all is left is to announce the release date and price), they're re-directing their efforts back to the mobile devices front, where in less than 6 months, we're rumored to have a slew of all-new phones (new/better specs, new form factors, new models, improved OS [yet to be seen, sure]) and ppl are still not happy. Listen, start your own mobile device company and see if you can do better. Until then, if you don't like it, don't buy it. And, definitely, don't post comments that say "HUGE/EPIC FAIL" as if you've had time with the device and actually know what you're talking about.

/rant
    03-08-11 04:07 AM
    I much prefer the look of the 9700 or 9780. I think this Bold Touch looks a little cheap, honestly.
    03-09-11 07:44 PM

They're really not that flimsy. In actual use, they're pretty solid ... similar feel to the 'separate' looking buttons on the older Bold. The only problem I have on the Torch is when I'm holding it sideways, I occasionally hit the green Phone button when I want the BB button. I think that's because it's all one piece with no discernible gap between them.

One more interesting tidbit just posted in the News & Rumors forum (thanks to ad19):

Posted over on N4BB. No mention of a GSM storm 3 though on it.

http://n4bb.com/4966/gsm-blackberry-...apollo-torch-2
    Could be looking at a May/June timeframe for Bold Touch and Torch 2.
    03-09-11 08:35 PM
    This phone looks sweet can't wait.

03-17-11 06:34 AM
198 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD