I don't like the 4 buttons under the screen to be touch-sensitive (at least they seem to be). Other than that, it is "perfect" for me. But I'm torn now. Get the 9780 or wait for the Dakota...
    Wait!! Form factor of the 9000, maybe just maybe 1.2GHz processor (since the Curve family has the 800MHz CPU), keyboard/touchscreen. My piggy bank is getting fatter until RIM drops this.
    01-14-11 06:53 AM
    HSPA + of 14.4 or higher (currently only available on 2 other US devices I believe) as opposed to 3.6 on the 9000, nfc which is currently only available on one other device in the US I think, screen res that by ppi is better than every other phone on the market other than the iphone4, hd video recording and a 5 mp camera...and your thing is the form factor is similar to the 9000? That is a grand form factor...it is the king of form factors.
    +1, even the British are loving this one.
    01-14-11 06:56 AM
    this will be my new phone once I get bored of my torch.

Looks like the 9000 form factor, with touch screen?

**emotional**
    01-14-11 07:27 AM
    I'm using a Torch now, but I'll definitely be replacing it with this beauty. As a comment I read early said, this is the "Ultimate Blackberry".
    01-14-11 09:11 AM
    who wants to video call anyways!! and we all know that realistically video calling on a phone is just unreliable, if I need to see someone that bad then I have time to grab my computer and find some wifi. oh and 3g mobile hotspot??? sounds an awful lot like a sprint phone to me
    01-14-11 10:07 AM
    Just curious, how do you mods decide when it gets its own forum? Last year there were some pretty believable rumors and some pretty good fake pics of what this device would look like but only now it gets a forum area? Does this mean that we can take it to the bank that this pic is for really real this time? And why do you think so?

Thanks,
    Chad
    What pic? Link please?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Last edited by mojosingle; 01-14-11 at 10:48 AM.
    01-14-11 10:45 AM
    In the CB-Blog-Post for the Storm 3 Click it is mentioned that the 8GB eMMC is for storage AND apps. Does this mean, that with OS 6.1 we don't need to install apps in the "normal" RAM anymore? That would be great.
    01-14-11 12:24 PM
    there is definitely a difference. i felt it when the phones went from 1.8 to 3.6 to 7.2. i noticed it more so in the apps. for example, facebook pictures, loaded a lot faster and would also load up before i finished scrolling down.

i rather the hd video take up more space than non-HD with crap quality. if you're doing 20 minutes and better, you should be using a camcorder for that. because hd or no hd, you're using a lot of battery power.

i definitely would have loved video calling, but if RIM isn't ready, they aren't ready. i'm sure they have their reasons why it hasn't been added yet as most people if they had to take a guess 5 years ago at which company would have video share first, a majority would say RIM with BlackBerry devices. unfortunately, they weren't the first, but will definitely get there one day. if video share is that important, have you tried looking at those devices currently capable or future devices that will be?

we would all love it sooner, but unfortunately, AT&T has rigorous T.A. and it can take a device a very long time to come out... example, the Bold 9000. Who knows, maybe it'll go through AT&T w/o a hitch, but the device itself may not even be close to ready to get to AT&T for T.A.
    Yea but it's just ridiculous at this point. This was the phone to include it on. Sad it won't be there
    who wants to video call anyways!! and we all know that realistically video calling on a phone is just unreliable, if I need to see someone that bad then I have time to grab my computer and find some wifi. oh and 3g mobile hotspot??? sounds an awful lot like a sprint phone to me
    I dont know what you're talking about. I use video calling on my iPhone 4 all the time on 3G and never have a problem. I have an unlimited data plan so I never turn on wifi
    01-14-11 12:55 PM
    No matter what, I'm gonna grab this phone when it launch!

I'm Loving it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 10:41 PM

i bet the device will still be the thick phone instead of a slimmed down phone. something rim really needs to start focusing on.
    If the rumored spec is true, then it will be the thinnest blackberry we ever saw, the spec states 10.5mm thick compare it to current bold which is 14.1mm thick and iphone4 which is 9.3mm thick.
    01-15-11 12:25 AM
    What are the dimensions of this bold?

01-15-11 12:36 AM
    wow there is a lot of other pointless threads in this forum already. this should really be the only thread until a new leak comes out.

anyways i wonder if its too late? no video calling either? HUGE fail. they better delay this again and put one in. blackberry is the only platform that cant do video calling... well them and palm. hmmmm anyone else see the similarities between the 2 companies...

I'm thinking they'll release it w/o video calling, it will be expensive, but everyone will still buy one. After a year or so, they'll release an updated version with everything they, "oops!!, forgot the first time. Oh yeah, and it will be cheaper
    01-15-11 04:00 AM
    my next blackberry right there!@!!!!
    either this or the torch 2.
    i'm leaning towards this though !!!
    01-15-11 07:03 AM
    I REALLY hope that T-Mobile gets this!

Tell me about it; I'm so sick of tmo not being the first in the pot with the best of bbs...tmo, get this or I'm bouncing to another carrier with better phones/bbs!!!

01-15-11 07:18 AM
    Would be sweet if it gets pinch to zoom...if it gets this, I'm never buying another series bb again. Oh, and I would love to see this in white

01-15-11 07:24 AM
    damn why is the network speed left out of the specs
    I want to see if its the same as the Torch 2 or better
    Torch 2 is 14.4!
    01-15-11 08:50 AM
    Right after CES, someone decided to add all popular specs found in REAL devices of competitors exhibited in the CES, perhaps in an attempt to quench all these negative comments on RIM.
    One thing makes me wonder is, while the clock speed and battery capacity are shown in other "imaginary" models (Torch 2 and others), Dakota does not carry it. Must wonder why.
    If it has the same clock speed as the Torch 2 (1.2Ghz, is it?) and with such a thin profile, the battery capacity is obviously limited, I would think.
    In any case, this rumour has been floating around for so long, and if RIM still cannot get it right, people won't wait. Many excellent devices out there, that will surely evolve further in short time span.
    01-15-11 09:58 AM
    Anticipation for this device is growing; sure the big 4 execs are going to duke it out to get it on their network.

01-15-11 10:07 AM
    this bold almost looks like the 9000
    01-15-11 01:08 PM
    I hope that this is the same form factor as the Bold 9000, my favorite and I've been using BlackBerry's since the 7250...and I hope it comes to AT&T. I just received my Torch yesterday and would buy this tomorrow if I could!
    01-15-11 02:07 PM
    This will be my next phone i swear, i will drop my iphone4 for this, and for steve jobs said "i didnt see rim will catch up anytime soon." yes you are right blackberry prob will not catch up that quickly but i have its back

and no matter which carrier it will hit, i will switch to that carrier
    01-15-11 02:08 PM
    sprint need to get these phones that the way we stay relevant
    01-15-11 03:22 PM
    If the rumored spec is true, then it will be the thinnest blackberry we ever saw, the spec states 10.5mm thick compare it to current bold which is 14.1mm thick and iphone4 which is 9.3mm thick.
    didnt see that and thanks. im glad it will lose some thickness. i wear belt clips and my iphone just blends and is so slim and my 9700 just bulges and ruins everything.

I'm thinking they'll release it w/o video calling, it will be expensive, but everyone will still buy one. After a year or so, they'll release an updated version with everything they, "oops!!, forgot the first time. Oh yeah, and it will be cheaper
    yea im not gonna lie with or without video calling i will get one and drop m 9700 BUT it just sucks that u cant video call any bb people only android, wm7 and iphones.
    01-15-11 04:43 PM
    I've been waiting for this device forever now!
    I myself have waited for this forever too. I have yet to leave the 9000 and have waited patiently, well, patient enough. Hopefully the processor is at least 1.2 GHz. We all will have to wait and see.
    01-15-11 11:35 PM
    Any chance of Big Red getting this one? Any rumors to that effect? If so, I am on board immediately!!
    01-16-11 09:04 AM
198 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD