Does anyone know how much it will be going for? I was due for an upgrade last November.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 05:45 PM
    I would guess $199 on contract.

Does anyone know how much it will be going for? I was due for an upgrade last November.

02-24-11 06:17 AM
    I am starting to wonder if this thing will be hitting the market sooner rather than later.

We are almost into March now and AT&T still does not have the 9780 (and have pulled the 9700 and 9000). I am wondering if the lack of an update there could be a sign that the Bold Touch could be out earlier than expected (perhaps Q2).
    02-24-11 09:17 AM
    I also am thinking (hoping) for a sooner release. I hear the rumors about announcements at the May convention. Also the rumors that it will be in short supply at release for the enterprise, and then maybe late June/July the public retail release.

If they do wait that long, (granted everyone will have a new phone within the 2 year contract range) it's for a good reason. Another rumor is OS 6.1 SDK will be released in a few weeks. If so, they may want 3rd party support. I'm sure it's backwards compatible with 6.0, but hopefully, April may be enough time for them to make compass/augmented reality or better enhanced apps.

Last point...RIM may want the PB announced before any other products.
    02-24-11 10:27 AM
    I am starting to wonder if this thing will be hitting the market sooner rather than later.

We are almost into March now and AT&T still does not have the 9780 (and have pulled the 9700 and 9000). I am wondering if the lack of an update there could be a sign that the Bold Touch could be out earlier than expected (perhaps Q2).
    Great point. I know that at&t was to get the 9780, but it has gotten a bit quiet on that subject. They may just be skipping that all together.

If they finally go through with the release of the 9780, there would be a lot of angry people out there that buy it and not aware of the Bold Touch coming out soon. But that has not stopped RIM from doing something similar in the past. It is a business.

Hopefully the Bold Touch comes out soon. Like many others, I've been waiting for this phone for years.
    02-24-11 11:22 AM

this is what was speculated through "sources" on fudzilla.. but not sure how credible they are.
    02-24-11 01:20 PM
    If it comes to Verizon... it will be my next Blackberry.
    02-24-11 01:51 PM
    this is what was speculated through "sources" on fudzilla.. but not sure how credible they are.
    Since this is also the first time I have heard of fudzilla, I'm wondering if anyone knows how "right" they normally are.
    02-24-11 02:43 PM
    Per a leak on TMO news the other day, TMO will be getting it.
    Where are you getting this info from, surely i just want to make sure that RIM will make a AWS version
    02-25-11 02:36 PM
    Where are you getting this info from, surely i just want to make sure that RIM will make a AWS version
    Here you go,

T-Mobile "See BlackBerry Different" event teases upcoming RIM devices? | PhoneDog
    02-25-11 02:44 PM
    If it comes to Verizon... it will be my next Blackberry.
    Same here, my upgrade is due in April, hopefully it comes soon after that.
    02-25-11 08:09 PM
    I really don't care who gets the BOLD TOUCH.....my contract is up in June, and I will jump ship for this phone. I hope its like the 8300 and everyone and there mother carriers it
    02-25-11 11:26 PM
    isn't at&t buying t-mobile usa? so shouldn't matter if dakota goes to either one, right?
    03-26-11 04:26 PM
    ^at&t acquiring tmo agreement will take at least 1 year to be complete. but it really doesn't matter because at&t and tmo will both be getting the dakota. and verizon will be getting the montana. so all three get a piece of that bold pie.
    03-26-11 10:58 PM
    What sucks is that there is no concrete date or even a time frame for this release. What everyone does know is that it will be released....this year...may be.
    03-27-11 11:07 AM
    Same here, my upgrade is due in April, hopefully it comes soon after that.

Yes please! My NE2 upgrade is up as of 3/24, and I almost want a droid Incredible! Screw that, Touch is too good to pass up. I'm in too deep as a bb user

03-27-11 01:35 PM
    Hello. this my first post. , plan on posting alot more when I can. I love crackberry.com

Anywho, cant say who I got the info from, and I know we all here this before all the time, but the dakota/bold touch is a definite phone for BB, the specs are off the chart, and it will be coming to Verizon in the summer. Lots of good stuff coming for sprint this year too, and sprint will get a version of the torch, the 9930
    03-28-11 01:49 PM
    Hello. this my first post. , plan on posting alot more when I can. I love crackberry.com

definite phone for BB, the specs are off the chart, and it will be coming to Verizon in the summer. Lots of good stuff coming for sprint this year too, and sprint will get a version of the torch, the 9930
    How do you know?

03-28-11 03:29 PM
    with the iphone 5 being delaying till fall 2011 rumors swirling around, it may narrow down my choices.im not going to wait that long for a new phone unless its absolutely worth that wait.and it may put apple out of my consideration.
    03-29-11 07:13 PM
    I been so wrapped up in watching the Playbook info, I haven't been checking on this. I need this to come soon......This combined with the PB is to much! I need it, I want it! I'm even hoping for a suprise when it is officially released like dual core maybe...Alot of new processors have been announced since the announcement.
    03-29-11 09:39 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD