I can't stress enough........maybe I am just a simpleton BUT all along I have said all my 9700 lacks is a touch screen. In fact, when I first got it, the screen was so bright I kept trying to touch icons thinking(dreaming) it was a touch device.

I would break my contract, give my left arm, stand in line for days, and pay huge sums of money to have this phone. Would they think me to strange if I go get in line today?

When is it coming out!!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I'm right there with you. But its not only when, but whom?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:50 PM
    I'm right there with you. But its not only when, but whom?

I agree, I'm really hoping TMO gets it. I would actually consider switching to AT&T for this if I had to but hopefully it won't come to that.
    01-13-11 01:52 PM
    Damn......I was so busy packing the car to go get in line I forgot to wonder about that. You suck, just kidding. I hope T-mo gets it as well. I would hate to go to ATT also but it would not stop me from getting my dream phone. Come **** or high water, I am getting one.
    01-13-11 01:57 PM
    First ever BB with touchscreen and keyboard in candybar form factor...how is it the same phone? Does Apple release the same phone over and over again too (and are they screwed as well)?

And who called is BlackBerry's savior? If anything could be called that, I'd say it's the QNX operating system...
    First glance, it looks like a Bold with a type keyboard. I didn't see catch that it's a touch screen phone that looks like a Bold.

Flog me with warm lettuce. Mea culpa. Call off the hounds.
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 01-13-11 at 02:24 PM.
    01-13-11 02:21 PM
    i would switch to android any day if they make a phone with the bold keypad, but we all know that aint gonna happen
    01-13-11 03:11 PM
    And for those that mentioned speed, the Torch 2 is touted to have a 1.2 processor. One would think that the bold touch would get it also.

And wasn't the first bold announced like Oct, 2009 and released Nov '09? Dare we hope for such a speedy release this go round?
    Last edited by chadecoen; 01-13-11 at 04:09 PM.
    01-13-11 03:50 PM
    This is what many of us have been waiting for! I certainly hope T-Mobile gets this. I'm very happy with my 9700, but this phone rocks! Bring it on!
    01-13-11 04:15 PM
    I wish this phone would come to Verizon...and sooon! My contract is up in March and no new blackberry in sight =(
    01-13-11 04:44 PM
    I've got to add my name to the "Please god come to VZN" list. My two year update is ready to go and thanks to the Playbook I want to stay BlackBerry so I can use the PB online without having to pay another data fee. I have an iPad to scratch the Apple App itch and might get an Android tablet as well.. Xoom maybe.

I feel like Verizon has went from BB heaven to ****. It's all about Android and iPhone now. I got nothing against either platform but I'm afraid if a decent BB does not come to VZN soon I'll be jumping ship till QNX devices.

At this point I'd take a Storm 3 with Dakota-like specs. (preferably as a slider)
    01-13-11 05:59 PM
    i would switch to android any day if they make a phone with the bold keypad, but we all know that aint gonna happen
    Droid pro?.........
    01-13-11 06:30 PM
    I think many people like this Bold form factor and the touch screen is a nice addition...I think that this phone will make many people very happy.
    01-13-11 07:04 PM
    y do rim always have to work off the back of an old device. why cant they produce something with at least some new styling.

common rim
    Please tell me English isn't your native language so you have an excuse for this post.
    01-13-11 07:20 PM
    They really better start hooking up vzw or the sec should make sure RIM and ATT are sleeping in seperate beds!
    01-13-11 08:24 PM
    Verizon is getting an s3 ...with much better specs than the torch 2 ...it will leak soon ...

mover23 and ForceFed like this.
    01-13-11 08:30 PM
    nikosg21, do you know which carrier is getting the Dakota?
    01-13-11 08:36 PM
    Verizon is getting an s3 ...with much better specs than the torch 2 ...it will leak soon ...

Well do ur people know what Sprint is up to, because it seems that there trying to make all there high end devices to front facing with 4G??
    01-13-11 09:23 PM
    nikosg21, do you know which carrier is getting the Dakota?
    I second this question.
    01-13-11 09:23 PM
    Most likely AT&T, wd get it unlocked.

01-13-11 09:52 PM
    too bad it doesnt look like the current bold 9700/9780. Not a big fan of the 9000 style.
    01-14-11 05:42 PM
    I really like my 9000 but it is showing it's age and I had been waiting on at&t to get the 9780 so I could update, but I do like that new Dakota. Knowing the way at&t have been going recently they won't get it or the 9780 (and I don't really want to pay the unsubsidized price)
    01-14-11 08:23 PM
    something is wrong with this form factor. According to the other designs, RIM seems to be taking the 9700 form and curves and evolving it. But with this design, it seems as if this apple style edging goes against its design plans
    01-16-11 01:37 AM
    something is wrong with this form factor. According to the other designs, RIM seems to be taking the 9700 form and curves and evolving it. But with this design, it seems as if this apple style edging goes against its design plans
    It resembles the Bold 9000.

01-16-11 01:39 AM
    It resembles the Bold 9000.

Exactly! But its also a lone wolf when compared to the forms rim is looking to for the future

01-16-11 01:56 AM
    I agree, but there is something about the Bold 9000 that appeals to some end users like me.

01-16-11 02:02 AM
    I ve heard that the dakota will be released to multiple carriers

01-16-11 02:10 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD