What is the likelihood of t-mobile getting the dakota considering their use of different frequencies. To my knowledge the 9700 will be the first 3G blackberry on t -mobile. The bold 9000 never came to t-mobile so its quite possible than the dakota won't either.

Thoughts? Anyone actually have real information on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 06:54 AM
    Well I don't think anyone has real information on this as the Dakota is only a rumor with no physical evidence yet, but it is said to be a GSM device and I'm thinking it will mostlikely be on AT&T, Rogers....I'm hoping T-Mobile but I can always unlock it lol
    10-20-09 07:11 AM
    the dakota is definetely an actual device
    but like jancy10 said, its a flagship model so it'll be GSM only device, however, since alotta carriers are changing from CDMA to GSM, alotta carriers have gotten the 9700 (and the bold as well for that matter), same thing might happen to the dakota
    10-20-09 10:18 AM
    I'd imagine the 9700 is the first of several GSM BBs that will end up with 2 radio variations. I'd expect the Dakota to end up on both ATT and TMO eventually. Sidenote- TMO had the opportunity to get the 9000 first and turned it down for unknown reasons. RIM did make some prototype 1700mhz Bolds with TMO branding but good luck ever finding one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD