with most other BB OEM chargers - you could just throw the phone in it 10x a minute and it would go it just fine

90% of ppl agree 9930 OEM charger is of very poor design - you need to carefully set it for it to be very well in the center...

any suggestions?

opinions?

help...

well for now I just thought of a work around... to expand the two bottom charging connectors in the charger to be more wider...

first thing that comes to mind is tin foil

maybe something better can be thought of...

or if there is anything better on the market I'm happy to buy that...

PS
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-8JXf_RT

IMHO who ever designed it needs to use a blackberry and a charging pod before ever designing something for this again... so sad ... but then I'm glad this designer/engineer was busy making this and not a structurally unsound bridge - which would apparently be made as well because of poor QA... (ohhhh it happens - https://www.google.com/search?q=bridge+collapes )
    11-16-11 03:05 AM
    When I first got it, compared to my 9700 I found the cradle quite fiddly as you have to put the phone into it dead centrally. After a couple of weeks my technique must have improved as I can drop it straight in first time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 10:57 AM
    When I first got it, compared to my 9700 I found the cradle quite fiddly as you have to put the phone into it dead centrally. After a couple of weeks my technique must have improved as I can drop it straight in first time.

right - it's not that it works better it's that you work harder...

not really way it should be...
    11-17-11 02:04 AM
    hmmmmm well not tooooo happy with the hack...

it looses the connection sometimes...

11-17-11 02:04 AM
    That pic looks so doggy, practice make perfect

11-17-11 02:36 AM
    I am careful when placing my device in the charging POD, Same as I am careful plugging my device in using the USB cord.

No reason to throw it in.
    11-17-11 08:22 AM

90% of ppl agree 9930 OEM charger is of very poor design
    LOLL This made me laugh. Stats don't lie, unless you make them up . Coming from a household with 3 Bold 9900s, all 3 of us have the charging pod and not one of us has a problem with it. Worked fine the first time, the last time, and every time in between. Absolutely love the design of it.
    11-17-11 09:51 AM
    I don't like mine either. In the dark sitting in bed, I could put my 9700 into the charging pod, never had to worry. With the 9900, it definitely requires more effort than necessary. Definitely poor design. Surprised this wasn't found out in a focus group or test session (if there even was one).
    11-17-11 11:46 AM
    LOLL This made me laugh. Stats don't lie, unless you make them up . Coming from a household with 3 Bold 9900s, all 3 of us have the charging pod and not one of us has a problem with it. Worked fine the first time, the last time, and every time in between. Absolutely love the design of it.

I'm with mike on this one. I think it is a great design! It it perfectly contoured to hold the bb but only holds it enough to keep it upright - it won't damage any plugs or anything, is easily removed on the go, and is understated when sitting empty on your desk. I think it is brilliant. You just can't throw the thing in the stand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    llch81 likes this.
    11-17-11 11:56 AM
    People opinions vary but I love the charging pod.
    11-17-11 12:41 PM
    I turned on Event Sounds under accessibility so it will beep at me when it makes contact and starts charging.
    11-17-11 04:17 PM
    That pic looks so doggy, practice make perfect

you mean its out of focus?

I find that my 9930 doesn't have pre-focus

like say 9630 had... or 9650 or 8900 ...

sad

help...
    11-17-11 05:45 PM
    mate well its from what I read

people who expect better are not happy

maybe some people would be OK if they made you plug it into a USB every time and called it a cradle...

this is not a new company this is a company that has been around the block...

I don't like mine either. In the dark sitting in bed, I could put my 9700 into the charging pod, never had to worry. With the 9900, it definitely requires more effort than necessary. Definitely poor design. Surprised this wasn't found out in a focus group or test session (if there even was one).
    11-17-11 05:46 PM
    I turned on Event Sounds under accessibility so it will beep at me when it makes contact and starts charging.
    ya I know...

sounds like there was a reason why you needed to do that

11-17-11 05:48 PM
    I don't toss, throw, drop or do anything of the violent nature with my 9930. Not sure why anyone would do any of those things with such an expensive phone.

I go to bed at night and place my Bold into the charging pod. Works every time and I haven't found one thing to complain about with it yet. As I recall I had more issues with the phone not charging in the pod (needed to be adjusted) with my 9650 than my 9930.

Love the new design of it...
    footmatix likes this.
    11-17-11 05:56 PM
    I have had the OEM pod for several months and it worked just fine. However, now for some reason it won't charge. If I lean it backward ever so slightly than how it naturally wants to sit, it starts charging. But when I take my finger off of it, it will stop again. Any ideas? I miss using it. I've wiped the contacts but only with a dry cloth.
    05-04-12 07:05 AM
    The new Seido one is the best imho.
    05-04-12 07:30 AM
    Sidenote, they need wireless charging for bb10! (Like in the galaxy s3 now!)
    05-04-12 03:45 PM
    I bought the seidio charging pod and it was a nightmare. I had to fiddle for 30 seconds just to get it to sit exactly right. Then I would accidentally breathe on it and it would lose the charging contact. I heard bad things about the oem charger so I just did some research and bought an aftermarket charging pod. It was cheap and I can just throw my phone in and it charges every time. I need to be able to toss my phone in without hassle and have it charge reliably. Anything else would be way too much trouble for me. Love the aftermarket charger!
    05-05-12 01:10 AM
    I have the Seidio Desktop charging cradle and it works great. No issues. I also have the Seidio Active Case which offers great protection for my 9930 when I am out for a hike. No need to remove the Seidio Active case to charge my phone with the Seidio desktop charging cradle. The Seidio charging cradle has a removeable plate so you can still charge your phone without the case on your phone. All works good for me.
    05-05-12 05:42 AM
    I had the original charger. Was a nightmare to keep on my desk. People walked by and the breeze would knock the phone over. Disgusting. Bought this for half the price. Works great. Bought several more.

NEW DESKTOP USB CHARGING DOCK POD CRADLE FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD TOUCH 9900 9930 | eBay
    05-05-12 01:33 PM
    I bought one the other day. Waiting for the shipment. Hopefully, it will work flawlessly. This will be for my office. If it works good, I'll buy another one for the house.

I have the Seidio Desktop charging cradle and it works great. No issues. I also have the Seidio Active Case which offers great protection for my 9930 when I am out for a hike. No need to remove the Seidio Active case to charge my phone with the Seidio desktop charging cradle. The Seidio charging cradle has a removeable plate so you can still charge your phone without the case on your phone. All works good for me.
    05-05-12 01:44 PM
    I had the original charger. Was a nightmare to keep on my desk. People walked by and the breeze would knock the phone over. Disgusting. Bought this for half the price. Works great. Bought several more.

NEW DESKTOP USB CHARGING DOCK POD CRADLE FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD TOUCH 9900 9930 | eBay
    My aftermarket one looks exactly like this. It works with no fiddling and is reliable.
    05-05-12 03:22 PM
    My aftermarket one looks exactly like this. It works with no fiddling and is reliable.
    Good to hear. I just ordered one last night after getting frustrated with the minimalist OEM design charging pod.
    05-05-12 04:41 PM
    Mine is on and off when it wants to work. I get it to charge just fine but often I wake up and phone is stuck at 91%. For awhile my phone was staying at 97% but I found that was because I had quickpull scheduled to reboot at night and the phone in general doesn't charge past 97 while plugged in and doing a reboot over night...well mine at least. These issues still come up after several different OS loads (all were wipes with clean installs)
    05-05-12 10:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD