Older BlackBerry smartphones now being made into a �limited series of chandeliers�

This is a good idea for recycling older smartphones.

New York-based Michael McHale Designs have decided to collect �discarded objects in order to make something beautiful.� The company is making �a limited series of chandeliers made out of CrackBerries.�

McHale is seeking unwanted BlackBerry�s to be sent in to be repurposed into a chandelier that will have a �romantic feel� to it. �This was a design that was almost fetishized a few years ago. It was an artifact that was wasting away in people�s drawers� The trackball almost seemed to be an erogenous zone, so I replaced it with a bright red jewel� I wanted to accent the fact that it was a very special part of the BlackBerry.�

Apparently McHale�s other chandeliers range in price from $167 to $15,000 (USD), but the picture above is an early work called the Ozymandias Chandelier and �won�t be cheap.�

It would be interesting to see this idea take the form of the original iPhone, or the first Android HTC G1.

Older BlackBerry smartphones now being made into a 'limited series of chandeliers' | MobileSyrup.com
    10-18-13 04:26 PM
    Oh my, that's so weird. Hanging old BlackBerry phones as a chandelier looks strange. Will people pay for this? Perhaps just prosumers? I dunno. This is a WTF article.
    10-18-13 04:35 PM
    Maybe Kevin should buy a few and renovate his house while his fianc�e is away.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 04:42 PM
    10-18-13 04:51 PM