My employer just gave me a new Bold touch and getting adjusted to it is driving me nuts.
    I tried to search the web for the problems but couldnt find much.

1. Yahoo mail- On my old BB I used to be able to receive my yahoo emails. Even this unit shows the yahoo mail icon but doesnt reconcile the mails. I tried to find the email setup but couldnt find anything.

2. BBM everytime I go to a conversation, it automatically takes me to the beginning of the conversation instead to the last sentences. That means I have to keep scrolling for half a minute to go the end of the conversation.

3. Where can I find my BBs model number? I dont know if it is 9900 or 9930? One would think at least this number would be printed clearly somewhere.

4. Does this model have a voice activated calling feature, where the user can say a name and the phone dials the number?

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks.
    09-19-11 05:04 PM
    If you're on a GSM carrier you have a 9900, cdma it's 9930.

There's a voice dialing app you can set your convenience key to or whatever (or just use the icon).
    09-19-11 05:06 PM
    Yeah, don't RTFM
    09-19-11 05:11 PM
    1. yahoo mail works fine for me. perhaps you should contact your service provider for details?

2. whenever i go to bbm, im taken to the bottom ( most recent) msgs of the conversation. However, I have had instances where id end up at the top. I feel that this is a result of my thumb touching the top part of the scrollbar.

3.4. papped answered your questions.
    09-19-11 05:12 PM
    My employer just gave me a new Bold touch and getting adjusted to it is driving me nuts.
    I tried to search the web for the problems but couldnt find much.

1. Yahoo mail- On my old BB I used to be able to receive my yahoo emails. Even this unit shows the yahoo mail icon but doesnt reconcile the mails. I tried to find the email setup but couldnt find anything.
    Sounds like your yahoo mail may need to be registered again with your BlackBerry device. You can either call Rogers Customer support, or go through Rogers BIS site and call the toll free number.

2. BBM everytime I go to a conversation, it automatically takes me to the beginning of the conversation instead to the last sentences. That means I have to keep scrolling for half a minute to go the end of the conversation.
    Sometimes happens if you are touching the screen, back out and open again, should be at the bottom.

3. Where can I find my BBs model number? I dont know if it is 9900 or 9930? One would think at least this number would be printed clearly somewhere.
    You have a 9900

4. Does this model have a voice activated calling feature, where the user can say a name and the phone dials the number?

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks.
    Should have it.
    09-19-11 05:23 PM
    Thanks folks.

Can anybody tell me where I can find the "email settings" icon on this phone?
    09-19-11 05:30 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > Email Account Management

Also check
    Messages > Menu > Options > Email reconciliation to make sure wireless reconcile is enabled for your yahoo account.
    09-19-11 05:41 PM
    Thanks folks.

Can anybody tell me where I can find the "email settings" icon on this phone?
    Here a good place to start.

BlackBerry Bold - Manuals and Guides
    09-19-11 06:08 PM
    Thanks folks.

This is how I fixed the issue.

1. Create a blackberry ID by going here
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...E172F?i=327056

2. Go to the setup icon ( some times it is hidden) --> email accounts --> internet mail account --> login using your blackberry ID.

Then it allows you to link a yahoo account to your device.

I had to spend 1 hour with three rogers customer support agents. I hate blackberry...I have started liking Iphone!
    09-19-11 06:10 PM
    1 hour support call in order to create a bb id? hmm....

it's mandatory when you boot the phone....
    09-19-11 06:17 PM
    When you are in bbm and need to get to the bottom of the conversation, just press "b" to get to the bottom of the list and "t" to get to the top
    09-19-11 06:28 PM
    ^ great hint for those who don't know about that. SMS field will work the same, and the browser I believe. Same with the app agreement screens. Press b and you will go straight to the bottom.
    09-19-11 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD