Blackberry Bold Touch driving me nuts

My employer just gave me a new Bold touch and getting adjusted to it is driving me nuts.
    I tried to search the web for the problems but couldn�t find much.

1. Yahoo mail- On my old BB I used to be able to receive my yahoo emails. Even this unit shows the yahoo mail icon but doesn�t reconcile the mails. I tried to find the email setup but couldn�t find anything.

2. BBM � everytime I go to a conversation, it automatically takes me to the beginning of the conversation instead to the last sentences. That means I have to keep scrolling for half a minute to go the end of the conversation.

3. Where can I find my BB�s model number? I don�t know if it is 9900 or 9930? One would think at least this number would be printed clearly somewhere.

4. Does this model have a voice activated calling feature, where the user can say a name and the phone dials the number?

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks.
    09-19-11 04:40 PM
    Wrong forum.
    musicgold likes this.
    09-19-11 04:56 PM

My employer just gave me a new Bold touch and getting adjusted to it is driving me nuts.
    I tried to search the web for the problems but couldn’t find much.

1. Yahoo mail- On my old BB I used to be able to receive my yahoo emails. Even this unit shows the yahoo mail icon but doesn’t reconcile the mails. I tried to find the email setup but couldn’t find anything.

2. BBM – everytime I go to a conversation, it automatically takes me to the beginning of the conversation instead to the last sentences. That means I have to keep scrolling for half a minute to go the end of the conversation.

3. Where can I find my BB’s model number? I don’t know if it is 9900 or 9930? One would think at least this number would be printed clearly somewhere.

4. Does this model have a voice activated calling feature, where the user can say a name and the phone dials the number?

Thanks.
    1. Not sure

2. BBM - Use T for top (Like the home button on the PC keyboard) and B for Bottom (Like the end button on the PC keyboard) while inside the conversation.

3. Type About using universal search (directly from ur homescreen) and select the options icon.

4. Yes it does, start typing voice dial directly from the homescreen. It's an icon with numbers 1,2,4,5 and a bit of pink.
    Last edited by xalkoholicx; 09-19-11 at 06:29 PM.
    09-19-11 05:58 PM
    For #1, in the universal search type in "setup" and select the setup icon (Blackberry icon with gear) and then choose the first option to setup an internet email account. Put your yahoo details in there and you should be all set.
    09-19-11 06:54 PM
    For #3 go pretty much anywhere that you can type in text and then enter "myver " and yes the space is intended. It will pop up with your device number and Os version.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-19-11 07:08 PM
    For #3 go pretty much anywhere that you can type in text and then enter "myver " and yes the space is intended. It will pop up with your device number and Os version.
    Cool! I thought you could only do that with "mypin" to show your pin. Thanks!

There's mynumber too. Just found out.
    09-19-11 07:35 PM

I tried to search the web for the problems but couldn�t find much.

1. Yahoo mail- On my old BB I used to be able to receive my yahoo emails. Even this unit shows the yahoo mail icon but doesn�t reconcile the mails. I tried to find the email setup but couldn�t find anything.

2. BBM � everytime I go to a conversation, it automatically takes me to the beginning of the conversation instead to the last sentences. That means I have to keep scrolling for half a minute to go the end of the conversation.

3. Where can I find my BB�s model number? I don�t know if it is 9900 or 9930? One would think at least this number would be printed clearly somewhere.

Thanks.
    #1 might try calling provider and have service books manually sent
    #2 press the b key while in the bbm conversation that you would be scrolling through
    #3 if you type "myver " in a message screen it will show your model # and current software version
    #4 the app your looking for is simply named "voice dialing" and comes pre-loaded on that gift of yours.

hope you enjoy it, I love my 9930
    09-19-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD