In coverage:

BC = about the same
    Alberta = Telus/Bell
    Sask = Rogers
    Manitoba = Telus/Bell
    Ontario = Rogers
    Quebec = Telus/Bell by a tiny bit
    Maratimes = Telus/Bell
    I do not agree for Quebec. I would say 100% Rogers over Telus or Bell.

I have tried Telus, Bell, Fido, Rogers (also worked for Fido and Bell and still have friends working for Bell) and Rogers is definitely the way to go for peoples living in the province of Quebec unless they live in the North Coast or Gaspesie (regions in the north of Quebec where a very small percentage of peoples live) then yes - Bell or Telus would be better (as they share the same network and are more present there).

I live in Quebec city and often travel with work colleagues all around the province as well as in Ontario. Being with Rogers and them being with Telus or Bell, I am the one that gets the best coverage overall. They sometimes need to take my phone to make phone calls or to tether, as their devices don't get a good signal at some places. They will surely switch to Rogers as soon as their contract ends.

On the customer service side, in my opinion, Rogers is also the winner. I do however agree that they are not perfect.

Telus could improve their customer service, but on the other hand, like Rogers, they can get you a good retention plan. You sometimes have to work a little harder to get it though.
    05-07-11 12:52 PM
    What do you mean by retention plans? Thanks
    when you call your provider to cancel their services they will negotiate for a better plan
    05-07-11 02:12 PM
    when you call your provider to cancel their services they will negotiate for a better plan
    I would agree with this 100% but aside from that, having been with both Telus (back when they were Clearnet and Mike), and with Rogers, I'd have to say that Rogers has better coverage and much better customer service.

It only took me 30 mins to upgrade from a Curve 8310 to a Torch. I had only had my Curve for about six months when the Torch came out. I called them to say I wanted to upgrade. They said I couldn't because I still had over two years left on my "contract". I asked, "How much will it cost me to switch to Bell?". Ten minutes later, my new Torch was on it's way to me.

I had a battery issue with my new Torch, they sent me a brand new device.

I find Rogers CS is far superior to any other provider out there and I've been with Bell (ugh), Telus and Rogers.

Good luck with your new phone!

PS: I wonder if they'll let me "upgrade" again from a Torch to the 9900? LOL.
    05-08-11 07:53 AM
    I called Rogers last November to inquire about canceling my contract and how much it would cost. The rep transferred me to retention dept and they cut $20 off my monthly bill. I have been with them for 12 years and have 2 lines.
    05-08-11 10:33 AM
    If you're frequently travelling in the more far-flung, remote places in BC, you're better off with Telus. Telus has better coverage out in the wilds. Coverage in Alberta is second to none. I've never had any problems with their customer service either...
    05-08-11 07:16 PM
    In coverage:

BC = about the same
    Alberta = Telus/Bell
    Sask = Rogers
    Manitoba = Telus/Bell
    Ontario = Rogers
    Quebec = Telus/Bell by a tiny bit
    Maratimes = Telus/Bell
    I think Sasktel is the best in SK...but maybe you weren't counting regional providers.
    05-10-11 12:13 PM
    I have heard nothing but bad about Rogers CS although I have not delt with them myself. I have been with Telus for 5 or 6 years now and have not had one issue with them. I always get someone whom I can understand on the phone. Never once have I had to threaten to switch carriers just to get what I want. I was with Bell prior to Telus for 6 or so years and never really had issues with them either although lately I have heard of them messing up peoples data plans frequently and they did really mess up my fiancee's account about 6 yeas ago when he moved away and back again.
    As for coverage I personally would go with Telus as they offer coverage every where that I travel which is from one side of Canada to the other, whereas Rogers coverage is not as wide. In Calgary I would think that Telus or Bell would be the best bet but that is just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 03:23 AM
    I'm a Mobile Manager at Best Buy Mobile. Dealing with SEVERAL customers a day I can give you the advantages and disadvantages of both companies. If you're starting a new contract, Telus has the slight edge right now because they include Voice Mail 3 in all their plans... this isn't too big of a deal because many people just text instead of leaving voice mail now days, but the MAIN advantage of Telus over Rogers is your plan is cheaper. Rogers has the Government Regulatory Fee if you are on the West Coast and for most of Canada... its around $2.50 extra a month. Although both companies suck for customer service and I've been dealing with Rogers for many years I would go for Telus my self if I had the choice.
    05-11-11 11:56 PM
    I am currently on Rogers with the Xperia X10. It's a garbage phone, so I can't wait till Rogers released hopefully the 9900 by this summer.
    05-14-11 09:16 AM
    I am currently on Rogers with the Xperia X10. It's a garbage phone, so I can't wait till Rogers released hopefully the 9900 by this summer.
    You do know that it's getting the 2.3.3 gingerbread update in summer right? (after a large backlash from customers). But still, the 9900 is a sexy thang.
    05-14-11 11:18 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD