My Blackberry Bold 9900 won't charge can someone tell me why? It's not the battery that's the problem because I've tried a different battery in my phone and used my own in my friend's phone, it's not the charger or the charger port either. The phone charges (the wee lightening bolt shows) for a few minutes then it just says it's connected to a charger but it doesn't actually charge? Also when I take a photo it cuts out and sometimes when I have a full battery or half a battery it just goes to red in a matter of minutes, what could be the problem? I've had the phone for 16 months.
    06-09-13 08:08 PM
    Hi Shannon, and welcome to CrackBerry!

Have you tried from a different outlet?
    Are you using your 9900's original wall charger with its original cable?

This actually happened to me too. At some point, it would only charge properly using my higher capacity PlayBook charger.
    06-09-13 08:25 PM
    My Blackberry Bold 9900 won't charge can someone tell me why? It's not the battery that's the problem because I've tried a different battery in my phone and used my own in my friend's phone, it's not the charger or the charger port either. The phone charges (the wee lightening bolt shows) for a few minutes then it just says it's connected to a charger but it doesn't actually charge? Also when I take a photo it cuts out and sometimes when I have a full battery or half a battery it just goes to red in a matter of minutes, what could be the problem? I've had the phone for 16 months.
    Try a new battery. If you've had the phone for 16 months, the battery may be at he end of its life. I replaced mine at about the same time (16-18 months). It won't anymore hold its charge for long, i.e, from 100% - red in about an hour.
    06-10-13 10:20 PM
    We need a solution here people - very frustrated.
    11-22-13 09:14 PM
    This actually happened to me too. At some point, it would only charge properly using my higher capacity PlayBook charger.
    This is also my experience. I am now using a high capacity (1.8A) wall charger without a single problem. Until then, charger has been very finicky at best. USB charging from a computer was the worst.
    Cigarette lighter charger is also a problem. I had to discard a few different models before I found the current one.
    This happened on both 9900 and 9780/9790. With the limited info, I cannot tell you for sure that the charger might be a problem, but from the sound of it, it is very likely the chrger problem.
    11-22-13 10:58 PM