BlackBerry fans will just have to keep waiting for the company�s latest and greatest handset. We have confirmed with multiple sources that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 won�t be launching until September globally. While an announcement at WES was inevitable, it still hurts to see RIM struggle to get devices out the door swiftly.

P.S. We have heard RIM might have one more major OS release in the cards, possibly BlackBerry OS 7.5, before the launch of QNX on smartphones.

via BGR
    06-03-11 09:35 AM
    Sadly, this seems to be the standard practice of RIM.
    06-03-11 09:39 AM
    I died a little inside when I saw this on Twitter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    06-03-11 09:40 AM
    is this more bgr BS or what. I dont see anything that confirms anything??
    06-03-11 09:49 AM
    Brutal if true. I'm really looking to get rid of my iPhone 4. Damn RIM, get it together. I'm Canadian and even I am losing faith.
    06-03-11 09:50 AM
    BGR talks most of the time true things and i can confirm that the release date in Holland is September and for UK is it also September

carriers who confirmed the date are T Mobile and Vodafone

if you go the the launch date topic you will see my link to T mobile en another person to vodafone
    06-03-11 09:52 AM
    It's not hard to see that BGR is Apple guy and hating (or not respecting) to RIM but by looking past anouncements, exactly on Playbook this can be right.
    06-03-11 09:53 AM

BlackBerry fans will just have to keep waiting for the company�s latest and greatest handset. We have confirmed with multiple sources that the BlackBerry Bold 9900 won�t be launching until September globally. While an announcement at WES was inevitable, it still hurts to see RIM struggle to get devices out the door swiftly.

P.S. We have heard RIM might have one more major OS release in the cards, possibly BlackBerry OS 7.5, before the launch of QNX on smartphones.

via BGR
    That's Globally guys.
    06-03-11 09:55 AM
    I can almost guarantee that this isn't true. I've completely given up on BGR, they're a bunch of Apple fanboys with the exception of their one intern or whoever it is that writes the small BlackBerry release pieces.

Wait till the iPhone comes out and they praise it like it's the technological rapture.

Also to the individuals saying the 9900 is the same rehashed phone...view my comment on the BGR post.
    06-03-11 10:01 AM
    If you go to my thread "Possible 9930 release for Sprint" it's NOT official, but I just talked to someone from Sprint just yesterday...and like people here are saying, this is for "WORLDWIDE" no mention on BGR about North America release
    06-03-11 10:05 AM
    ...and like people here are saying, this is for "WORLDWIDE" no mention on BGR about North America release
    FYI Lefty... Worldwide and Globally also includes North America
    06-03-11 10:08 AM
    While you may not agree with BGR, and their reports, this information is correct. I am by no means supporting BGR and am not an Apple fanboy, but this information is accurate.

I can almost guarantee that this isn't true. I've completely given up on BGR, they're a bunch of Apple fanboys with the exception of their one intern or whoever it is that writes the small BlackBerry release pieces.

Wait till the iPhone comes out and they praise it like it's the technological rapture.

Also to the individuals saying the 9900 is the same rehashed phone...view my comment on the BGR post.
    06-03-11 10:10 AM
    Geography is so difficult at times.

If you go to my thread "Possible 9930 release for Sprint" it's NOT official, but I just talked to someone from Sprint just yesterday...and like people here are saying, this is for "WORLDWIDE" no mention on BGR about North America release
    FYI Lefty... Worldwide and Globally also includes North America
    06-03-11 10:12 AM
    Wow, what a shocker that RIM can't get a device out in a reasonable amount of time. Anybody that is surprised by this is blind to the fact that this has become their standard practice. That's ok though, we can still use our awesome blackberry's with 2009 specs.
    06-03-11 10:18 AM
    US/Canada always gets BB first, then worldwide rollout happens a couple months later. US carriers should see this phone soon.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-03-11 10:25 AM
    US/Canada always gets BB first, then worldwide rollout happens a couple months later. US carriers should see this phone soon.
    That may have been the case in the past, but not anymore... and if the device is not ready for release, then it won't be seen ANYWHERE soon. Period!
    06-03-11 10:35 AM
    I might make a twitter post about it already being out.. see what that creates. its not set in stone, rim will let us know first when carriers are ready

06-03-11 10:38 AM
    I totally agree, but watch and see how many replys you get saying you're totally wrong, and they'll all come from other countries, even though you are correct
    06-03-11 10:41 AM
    This news, if true, is utterly disappointing. RIM will be releasing the Bold at the same time the new iphone5 is released? RIM is going to get slaughtered in the reviews. I've been waiting and waiting for RIM to step up with a competitive handheld. RIM keeps stepping on its own $#@% month after month.
    06-03-11 10:42 AM
    Lets see....Playbook released in North America April 19th...released in UK June 19th...a mere TWO months later Bold 9930 released July 10th in NA...September 10th UK/Europe?? just saying
    mssca likes this.
    06-03-11 10:43 AM
    Has anyone seen any proof. Call me Larry but I want some proof. One things for sure RIM is going to face this and many other hard questions on June 16!!
    06-03-11 10:51 AM
    So much denial here.

August/September now September.
    DawgMan likes this.
    06-03-11 10:52 AM
    mother F"�$%&@!"$%&@?"�$%
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-03-11 10:52 AM
    You have to wonder if RIM is a little stretched for resources and time right now. There hasn't been an update for the Playbook in a while, which people are anxiously waiting for, rumours of a 10" playbook coming out, and now this. The Bold series should be their bread and butter. Oh boy.

06-03-11 11:04 AM
    If RIM could it would. They are not holding the 9900 back for the heck of it. It is simply not done.

Summer does not end until September 22.

I guess after the PlayBook, they won't release ANYTHING until it is ready!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-03-11 at 11:09 AM.
    06-03-11 11:07 AM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD