Note the 2 key words in RIM's statement, 'expected' and 'beginning'

...and summer ends on September 23rd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh... I see now.... Thanks Phill_UK!!
    06-12-11 05:55 PM
    Again we all know when summer starts and ends officially.

In the US, marketing summer starts at the beginning of June and ends the day after Labor Day. So, no RIM did not mention a specific date other than summer, most people are thinking delay if not out by August.

When ever it come I will be happy, I hope sooner than later.
    06-12-11 06:16 PM
    RIM normally uses the word "expected" and "beginning"...just check their press releases. And they've launched devices when they said they would (again, check the press releases.) Most of us seeing the CDMA roadmap in January and all the leaks and vids prior to BBW in May, just assumed a late May-June release. When RIM's press release on the say day they announced and showed off the Bold 9900/9930 says "expected" and "beginning this summer". So obviously if there is no announcements June 16th following the stockholders meeting or by June 28th...then we can pretty much plan on a delay. Again, like bla1ze has said, "nothing is official, until well, it's official"

06-12-11 07:12 PM
    Most of us seeing the CDMA roadmap in January and all the leaks and vids prior to BBW in May, just assumed a late May-June release.
    RIM's earnings forecast in March (before the April warning) indicated that a major device (none PB) was happening in May. Then the earnings warning hinted that the device launch would be early quarter, but now its looking like it will mis quarter. May be another bad Friday for RIM.
    06-12-11 09:17 PM
    I've been 6 months new to BB. I am using a 9780 and eagerly waiting for the 9900 that could replace my IP4 permanently (some say it's crazy).
    One thing I am finding since I joined the BB community is that RIM is not a kind of company that play fair with their consumers. They "leak" and "tease" users and test the water at the expense of our excitement. Even though we do not particularly like that attitude, I understand they have been doing that at least for 2 years since Dakota days. "However", now that they have formally announced it, things changed a bit and RIM should now feel a bit more responsibility to keep users informed beyond just "leaks" and "teases" at our expense.
    I am not an "Apple Fanboi" per se, but I am used to the "Apple way" and they do not leak or tease. However, once they announced something, they usually "deliver" as promised, right down to the last minutes and seconds.

I did find that RIM is no Apple and do not expect that they can do as well as Apple could.
    But c'mon RIM, tell us something, anything. Just don't keep silent while quietly delaying the launching. It is not fair to say just "summer" etc. Too much leeway for RIM but very little or none left for us. Treat your users a bit better, will you?
    Last edited by xanadome; 06-12-11 at 09:32 PM.
    06-12-11 09:30 PM
    No matter when they release, the last phone released was the Style, last November, on one carrier. Last multi-carrier phone was 9330 around the same time. Now it looks like they are goin to release everything in the late summer/fall. No one can deny that these phones are way over due no matter when they get here!
    06-13-11 06:11 AM
    August 14-21 i dont see why everbody bite off everything BGR says
    06-13-11 01:33 PM
    Because a segment of crackberrians prefer to feed off each other's wrong information than to go to tried and true sources.
    ***Edit***Seems I didn't know the American slang "bite off." What I was trying to say is that a lot of people listen to BGR and quote him, however incorrectly, instead of going to credible sources. We've had a crop of people spreading rumours instead of looking up the information given by CX and phonegeek.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-14-11 at 06:40 AM.
    06-13-11 02:00 PM
    I dislike BGR more and more with each passing day. All he is is an iPhone fanboy and RIM basher.
    I've had an iPhone 4 and Atrix 4G... I keep going back to BlackBerry.
    06-13-11 02:30 PM
    I don't even waste my time reading BGR's posts. He's an iPhone fanboy and trashes RIM. He has NO class. Unlike Crackberry, Kevin runs his site with a lot of class. I don't recall ever seeing Kevin trash another manufacturer. Kevin does the "fun" web competitions with the iPhone and Android devices. But never has he trashed their devices. So good on Kevin. BGR who???
    Spawn12 likes this.
    06-13-11 09:28 PM
    I don't even waste my time reading BGR's posts. He's an iPhone fanboy and trashes RIM. He has NO class. Unlike Crackberry, Kevin runs his site with a lot of class. I don't recall ever seeing Kevin trash another manufacturer. Kevin does the "fun" web competitions with the iPhone and Android devices. But never has he trashed their devices. So good on Kevin. BGR who???
    Sounds like a real number that one.

06-13-11 09:37 PM
    Back to reality, anyway..... spoke to a senior Vodafone Australia rep over the weekend. They haven't even been advised the details on the 9900 yet. They normally get devices for testing and approval months beforehand. In this case, nothing. Take it for what you will.... but I don't expect this phone here in Australia until the Christmas sales period.
    06-13-11 10:14 PM
    I talked to my uncle who knows a friend that says that Sprint will not see ANY new Blackberry devices till just before Christmas!

The reason was is that they were going to re-badge it as NEXTEL and put a push to talk button on the top of the device.

That would be worth the wait!
    06-14-11 05:10 AM
    I talked to my uncle who knows a friend that says that Sprint will not see ANY new Blackberry devices till just before Christmas!

The reason was is that they were going to re-badge it as NEXTEL and put a push to talk button on the top of the device.

That would be worth the wait!
    That was freakin' BRILLIANT!!!! :-D

06-14-11 06:42 AM
    Back to reality, anyway..... spoke to a senior Vodafone Australia rep over the weekend. They haven't even been advised the details on the 9900 yet. They normally get devices for testing and approval months beforehand. In this case, nothing. Take it for what you will.... but I don't expect this phone here in Australia until the Christmas sales period.
    Eww. That's not good news if it's true. I was hoping for it to be a world wide release around the same time.

06-14-11 07:08 AM
    I was at best buy yesterday. I asked the Mobile Manager when they thought the Bold Touch would be released. She kindly smiled and said "I have no idea"
    No that was refreshing.
    06-14-11 07:23 AM
    My uncle actually owns RIM and he just texted me that the new bold line will be released by September 23rd without a doubt.

06-14-11 07:40 AM
    My uncle actually owns RIM and he just texted me that the new bold line will be released by September 23rd without a doubt.

Well maybe your Uncle had too many Labatt's that day, because he informed MY Uncle, the King Of France that most North American carriers should see the Bold 9900/9930 around Bastille day

06-14-11 02:04 PM
    I've been 6 months new to BB. I am using a 9780 and eagerly waiting for the 9900 that could replace my IP4 permanently (some say it's crazy).
    One thing I am finding since I joined the BB community is that RIM is not a kind of company that play fair with their consumers. They "leak" and "tease" users and test the water at the expense of our excitement. Even though we do not particularly like that attitude, I understand they have been doing that at least for 2 years since Dakota days. "However", now that they have formally announced it, things changed a bit and RIM should now feel a bit more responsibility to keep users informed beyond just "leaks" and "teases" at our expense.
    I am not an "Apple Fanboi" per se, but I am used to the "Apple way" and they do not leak or tease. However, once they announced something, they usually "deliver" as promised, right down to the last minutes and seconds.

I did find that RIM is no Apple and do not expect that they can do as well as Apple could.
    But c'mon RIM, tell us something, anything. Just don't keep silent while quietly delaying the launching. It is not fair to say just "summer" etc. Too much leeway for RIM but very little or none left for us. Treat your users a bit better, will you?
    This really is getting ridiculous. I'm as keen as anyone to get my hands on this phone, however, that's what it is - a phone. Reading the posts on here you'd think we were waiting for a cure for cancer.....
    06-16-11 04:39 AM
    This really is getting ridiculous. I'm as keen as anyone to get my hands on this phone, however, that's what it is - a phone. Reading the posts on here you'd think we were waiting for a cure for cancer.....
    Just wait until it's released - the posts will switch to whining and crying about how terrible it is.
    06-16-11 01:54 PM
    Just wait until it's released - the posts will switch to whining and crying about how terrible it is.
    Yep, can you imagine what it would be like here if the 9900 had the same keyboard problem the 9780 has?

That would be funny!
    06-16-11 05:13 PM
    Just posted on the "T-Mobile" thread, but RIM Co-CEO has apparently said the 9900 comes out in August.
    06-16-11 06:01 PM
    I'm sure next week BGR will have Richard Nixon's ghost posessing Mitt Romney.
    More like Joseph Smiths lol. Oh that's terrible and as a Mormon I should be ashamed of that joke lol.
    06-19-11 07:50 AM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD