Ok then.... If this is correct info, I don't think India will see this model till November end... Maybe December...

Hmmmmm.... I was seriously considering buying Torch before this Phone's announcement. I'm losing patience now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yep atleast +1 month post US launch for an official handset and +10 days for the unlocked USA GSM carriers handsets w/o warranty.
    06-04-11 01:51 AM
    Does anyone remember who eventual broke that the torch was going to release on august 12th of last year? Did he write for wsj or Barron's? Regardless, i believe he was the only one who was correct on the release date of the torch on ATT. If anyone can find that post or person we should try to find or search on anything they have written lately or ask what their opnion on a bold touch release date may be.
    That's dedication!
    06-04-11 02:19 AM
    Last time I checked most of the month of September is still considered "this summer" and RIM never announced a specific month - so unless this phone is not released before the last day of summer, it isn't delayed. This is just more anti-BB bias from BGR.

RIM should have said "late summer" so expectations wouldn't be for June or July.
    Last edited by BB.David; 06-04-11 at 04:04 AM.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    06-04-11 04:02 AM
    BGR hasn't been right about a blackberry release since.... EVER. Unless you count when they report something after the carriers issue an official press release saying that it goes on sale [Date X].

PG
    See i wish people would pay more attention to this little piece of info...who in their right mind would trust BGR about anything??...i sure as heck dont and never will as they are about as Anti RIM as you can get.

BGR talks alot but have they have no substance to them.
    06-04-11 06:30 AM
    how can it be delayed when it doesn't have a release date? summers quite a large time period...

and the bold to my knowledge has already been in field testing for about 2 weeks now? so the torch coming first is still not a dead set

06-04-11 07:15 AM
    Does the torch 2 coming to the field before the 9900 mean the torch 2 could conceivably be released before the 9900, and I know you touched on this before but does torch 2 coming to the field before the 9900 bode well for speeding up the process on the 9900 cause its the same OS with I think the same radios on both devices?

It should help identify issues that are OS related sooner and the fact that the T2 is a touch screen as well should help some. I would expect the 9900 to still test in a normal 45-60 day window though.

And yes at this point I would expect T2 to release before 9900.

PG
    06-04-11 09:08 AM
    Well let me tell you that your going to most-likely be wrong because of the reason that BB phones usually release during these three months:
    June-July-August......
    Im thinking it will be early August when the 9900/30 will be launched....
    This though will be released in US/Canada as they always do....
    Once its early to mid September we are looking at releases in many more countries.................
    This is my prediction......
    06-04-11 09:22 AM
    Hey PG just wanted to shout out thanks for the info. that you provide to us. I still remember how informed you kept us when the 9700 went through testing- great stuff! Hopefully you will be able to give us a report on the 9900once it gets into field testing.

It should help identify issues that are OS related sooner and the fact that the T2 is a touch screen as well should help some. I would expect the 9900 to still test in a normal 45-60 day window though.

PG
    06-04-11 09:27 AM
    This though will be released in US/Canada as they always do....
    Once its early to mid September we are looking at releases in many more countries.................
    This is my prediction......
    Tosh......

Hey PG just wanted to shout out thanks for the info. that you provide to us. I still remember how informed you kept us when the 9700 went through testing- great stuff! Hopefully you will be able to give us a report on the 9900 once it gets into field testing.
    Here, here! Keep up the great work PG

06-04-11 09:46 AM
    Dropped by my local AT&T store a couple of weeks ago to interrogate the CRs on when the 9900 and/or 4g might be available here. The store was given over to iPhones and Android stuff! Only 4 BBs on display in the whole place. CRs could offer no explaination, except that they were "renovating". Didn't look like a make-over to me...more of a take-over.

06-04-11 09:53 AM
    Remember how they released the Torch? AT&T got it first and a month later everyone else did, my prediction is that a carrier (likely AT&T again) will get the 9900 in August and everyone else in September.

Also yeah BGR is a bit Apple biased.
    06-04-11 10:01 AM
    Remember how they released the Torch? AT&T got it first and a month later everyone else did, my prediction is that a carrier (likely AT&T again) will get the 9900 in August and everyone else in September.

Also yeah BGR is a bit Apple biased.

The Torch was released to AT&T first because they got exclusive rights for that model. In the "Bold" history, they have been released in Canada first, then US, then the rest of the World. I think the 9000 was released in the UK before the US because AT&T held back on the release date due to software issues.
    06-04-11 11:39 AM

PG
    If the OS on the torch 2 and the 9900 are the same and they basically have the same specs why would the torch 2 come to the field before the 9900. Is there hardware issues maybe with the 9900??

06-04-11 12:36 PM
    Don't believe it guys, she knows how to take advantage. It's just a cunning plan to get shunted to the head of the line

****OFF TOPIC ALERT!!!!!*****

hee, hee....you know me so well you'd think we regularly get together for coffee and such...

you bet I'd take advantage!!!!

Wow! sounds like you're ready to drop that bundle of joy soon and by the way, that whole Lamaze crap is just that...my ex wife just was "gimmie a damn epideral STAT!!! while I was "c'mon, breath, oooosh, aaaahhhh" she promptly smacked me and cussed me out for NOT wearing protection BUT let's all hope for one: a beautiful baby for Qbnkelt...and a Bold 9930 for ME by July 16th (my 49th Birthday) PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING y'all
    Thank you, lefty!!!! this is actually my third and last, and both priors were C-sections. I have a VERY small frame.

Funny Branta, (Pushing herself to the front of the Vz counter) "Excuse me gonna have a baby!" "Call 911 and while your at it sell me a 9930!" Hahaha!
    Yeah, it's scary how well he knows me!!!!! He's definitely got my number!!!!

Weeble wobble and won't fall down? Congrats!
    Thanks, luv!!!!
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-04-11 at 05:30 PM.
    06-04-11 05:21 PM
    Ok bear with me folks while I try to answer all these...
    Hey PG just wanted to shout out thanks for the info. that you provide to us. I still remember how informed you kept us when the 9700 went through testing- great stuff! Hopefully you will be able to give us a report on the 9900once it gets into field testing.
    Tosh......
    Here, here! Keep up the great work PG
    Thanks for the positive words. Nice to provide some insight and have people appreciate it.
    Dropped by my local AT&T store a couple of weeks ago to interrogate the CRs on when the 9900 and/or 4g might be available here. The store was given over to iPhones and Android stuff! Only 4 BBs on display in the whole place. CRs could offer no explaination, except that they were "renovating". Didn't look like a make-over to me...more of a take-over.

Yeah our sales staff are the absolute last to know anything. Basically they get training on the device about the same time the official announcement comes out on a release date.
    The Torch was released to AT&T first because they got exclusive rights for that model. In the "Bold" history, they have been released in Canada first, then US, then the rest of the World. I think the 9000 was released in the UK before the US because AT&T held back on the release date due to software issues.
    I know there was a European release first for 9000 and 9700. Many of the European carriers had to eat early devices of the 9000 because we pushed back on RIM with so many problems on the device.

I believe the US/Canadian releases were simultaneous but someone would have to go dig though the CB forum archives to confirm.

If the OS on the torch 2 and the 9900 are the same and they basically have the same specs why would the torch 2 come to the field before the 9900. Is there hardware issues maybe with the 9900??

I have heard rumors of specific 9900 issues but I don't know or have first hand knowledge of what those are and I don't have a high degree of confidence in the places I have heard it from...

PG
    06-04-11 08:55 PM

I have heard rumors of specific 9900 issues but I don't know or have first hand knowledge of what those are and I don't have a high degree of confidence in the places I have heard it from...

PG
    hey phonegeek u talked about how the orginal torch was field tested in a diffrent way that other blackberry's were do u think the 9900 is going to be tested in that same way?, and what made the torch testing diffrent from other field testing on previous devices?

06-05-11 12:12 PM
    hey phonegeek u talked about how the orginal torch was field tested in a diffrent way that other blackberry's were do u think the 9900 is going to be tested in that same way?, and what made the torch testing diffrent from other field testing on previous devices?

Yeah that went so horribly wrong that we're not doing that with any other device besides the Apple ones. Basically the message back to RIM was you're not Apple...

At least that is what I have been told. Anything is possible but I highly doubt it.

PG
    06-06-11 12:03 AM
    It seems like that this September release rumor is spreading like wildfire. I hope this is not true because RIM will lose BIG on back to school shopping in last two weeks of August.
    06-12-11 01:25 PM
    It seems like that this September release rumor is spreading like wildfire. I hope this is not true because RIM will lose BIG on back to school shopping in last two weeks of August.
    Agreed. RIM was supposed to launch at end of May, but OS 7 has delayed it. The question is what is delaying it? It must be something major to delay it 3 months. Yet, test devices are out there and running well. So is RIM adding something new, just perfecting it, or trying to fix a major problem? My sources either don't know or won't say.

Also why RIM is not just putting extra man power on it to shorten the time frame boggles me.
    06-12-11 01:45 PM
    RIM's announcement did not mention May.
    BlackBerry - Press Release
    06-12-11 05:03 PM
    RIM's announcement did not mention May.
    BlackBerry - Press Release
    You are right on May, however, RIM told many companies including BestBuy Canada that the phone will be out by "back to school" shopping period. The back to school is in the last two weeks of August. Not only RIM lose NEW customers (a lot of parents buy new phones for their college kids ), but also the phone will be consider as "delayed" by retail managements across the country.

Also, RIM once posted on their Canadian website, but I don't have proof, "early summer". Early summer is almost gone. Now it reads: "The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer"
    06-12-11 05:30 PM
    Also, RIM once posted on their Canadian website, but I don't have proof, "early summer". Early summer is almost gone.
    Never happened... and summer hasn't even started yet!!!

06-12-11 05:33 PM
    Never happened... and summer hasn't even started yet!!!

I used bad wording... but yes summer 2011 starts on June 21 and if the phone is released in September, according to the rumors, then RIM will miss its target.
    06-12-11 05:36 PM
    Note the 2 key words in RIM's statement, 'expected' and 'beginning'

...and summer ends on September 23rd

mssca likes this.
    06-12-11 05:43 PM
    RIM covered their backs nicely with the wording of that statement.

Technically if they release one device, on one carrier, in one country, on 22nd September... then they've kept to their word, and the phone isn't delayed.

06-12-11 05:50 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD