RIM's 9900 delivery;
    September + 3 months (RIM Factor)
    Not funny any more
    06-03-11 01:49 PM
    AT&T has run out of new black iphone 4's, they only have white and refurbished ones, coincidentally, WWDC is monday. If apple releases a phone next week with a release date before september, then I won't hesitate replacing my current phone
    06-03-11 01:51 PM
    I just talked to my cousin who manages the Blackberry network for one of the carriers in the Caribbean. I'm not going to even bother saying his opinions, just what he knows... Within the next two weeks he will receive a Torch 2 for evaluation/field testing. He has no word from RIM about the bold 9900.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or it really has anything to do with the delay that everyone is talking about. He definitely doesn't have a friend who works at RIM that gives him top secret information and definitely they get things later down there due to the smaller market. He just got his hands on the playbook this week and just received an email today about the Torch 2.

Not sure what to make of this, but I am confused why he would receive a Torch 2 before a Bold...
    06-03-11 02:00 PM
    How can RIM announce a phone at the beginning of May, have it up as 'Launching Soon' on their website, and then release it in September - four months later! That's not soon dudes! That's a third of a year! It's only soon if you have the life span and perspective of a 400 year old tree!
    06-03-11 02:16 PM
    Very disappointing. I was considering buying this without waiting for my two-year contract to run out (which happens in NOV/DEC). September is much closer to my normal renewal time. I'd have a hard time justifying buying it outright so close to a new 2-yr incentive deal.
    06-03-11 02:23 PM
    You are perfectly correct. The problem is some feel if they wished bad enough the 9900 will come out in June! Now that they found out that it is really going to come out in Summer 3rd qtr, they are disappointed!

RIM should be ASHAMED for releasing this phone when they were surposed to do so!

These people set themselves up for disappointment! What is worst is I have seen even far away projected release date get pushed back by RIM so we could see Sept turn to October.

Best to just relax and enjoy the show!
    100% agreed.
    06-03-11 02:26 PM
    Hee, hee....I just love to read the rants!!! They work themselves into a frothy frenzy with rumours and speculation and when faced with facts (like the actual announcements from RIM instead of some Jobsian sycophant blogger) they cry foul!!!
    The entertainment value is extraordinary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    phonegeek#AC and Spawn12 like this.
    06-03-11 02:41 PM
    Gotta agree with all that Qb. Like maybe the more angrier they get, the sooner it will be released. I am still quietly patient and will have one soon enough. But am hopeful the extra wait will mean more solid software. I am fairly confident they got it right this time. See you in the forums my friend.

06-03-11 02:46 PM
    You bet!!! Hey, I may be in line behind you!!!! Look for the preggers chick with fat ankles wobbling about like a demented fat penguin!!!!

06-03-11 02:58 PM
    You bet!!! Hey, I may be in line behind you!!!! Look for the preggers chick with fat ankles wobbling about like a demented fat penguin!!!!

Weeble wobble and won't fall down? Congrats!
    06-03-11 03:53 PM
    wow! good Woodward & Bernstien reporting BGR! after seeing the Sprint SKU showing the Bold 9930 coming August 21st (maybe even sooner?) your whole September thang is down the tubes, wah, wah wah waaaahhhhh! I'm sure next week BGR will have Richard Nixon's ghost posessing Mitt Romney.
    06-03-11 04:05 PM
    Wow! sounds like you're ready to drop that bundle of joy soon and by the way, that whole Lamaze crap is just that...my ex wife just was "gimmie a damn epideral STAT!!! while I was "c'mon, breath, oooosh, aaaahhhh" she promptly smacked me and cussed me out for NOT wearing protection BUT let's all hope for one: a beautiful baby for Qbnkelt...and a Bold 9930 for ME by July 16th (my 49th Birthday) PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING y'all
    06-03-11 04:13 PM
    Don't believe it guys, she knows how to take advantage. It's just a cunning plan to get shunted to the head of the line
    06-03-11 04:53 PM
    Pretty sure she's on the up and up...NO woman would consider herself fat and wobbling unless she was preggers

06-03-11 05:28 PM
    Ok then.... If this is correct info, I don't think India will see this model till November end... Maybe December...

Hmmmmm.... I was seriously considering buying Torch before this Phone's announcement. I'm losing patience now.

06-03-11 08:13 PM
    BGR said last month this phone was supposed to come out june july and got pushed back to August and they were right as much as I don't like BGR they have been more accurate with release dates the crackberry has, Kevin knows the device isn't coming out until August he even tweeted so last week. What don't you understand the device still isn't even in field testing yet no way this comes out in june or july.

BGR hasn't been right about a blackberry release since.... EVER. Unless you count when they report something after the carriers issue an official press release saying that it goes on sale [Date X].

There has been no carrier that has issued an official press release saying this phone is going on sale June X, July X, August X, etc. RIM has also not issued any such press release. They've said summer that's it, not the beginning of summer, not late summer, not mid summer, just summer....

For those of you that have your panties in a wad get a grip, you bought into rumor and speculation that this device was coming sooner rather than later. Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see...

AT&T has run out of new black iphone 4's, they only have white and refurbished ones, coincidentally, WWDC is monday. If apple releases a phone next week with a release date before september, then I won't hesitate replacing my current phone
    Hate to burst your bubble but no Apple phone coming in June. It will be September at the earliest.

I just talked to my cousin who manages the Blackberry network for one of the carriers in the Caribbean. I'm not going to even bother saying his opinions, just what he knows... Within the next two weeks he will receive a Torch 2 for evaluation/field testing. He has no word from RIM about the bold 9900.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or it really has anything to do with the delay that everyone is talking about. He definitely doesn't have a friend who works at RIM that gives him top secret information and definitely they get things later down there due to the smaller market. He just got his hands on the playbook this week and just received an email today about the Torch 2.

Not sure what to make of this, but I am confused why he would receive a Torch 2 before a Bold...
    This I will go ahead and confirm. Yes T2 is entering field trial late next week in the US as well. I was a little shocked that I am getting it before the 9900 but it is what it is....

PG
    Spawn12 and pkcable like this.
    06-03-11 08:52 PM
    CAMAAAANNNNNN RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF guys???????

06-03-11 09:20 PM
    I am in the cell phone business, and Blackberrys just like iphones always come out in the USA 1st and then they hit the Euro market, etc.
    Why do you guys always assume new BlackBerry's come out in the USA first?

This quote is from someone who actually knows what he's talking about:-

Voda will definitely not be the first carrier to offer the Onyx. But should release it shortly after. It will release in Europe before the states or anywhere else.
    ...and it did

06-03-11 09:20 PM
    BGR hasn't been right about a blackberry release since.... EVER. Unless you count when they report something after the carriers issue an official press release saying that it goes on sale [Date X].

There has been no carrier that has issued an official press release saying this phone is going on sale June X, July X, August X, etc. RIM has also not issued any such press release. They've said summer that's it, not the beginning of summer, not late summer, not mid summer, just summer....

For those of you that have your panties in a wad get a grip, you bought into rumor and speculation that this device was coming sooner rather than later. Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see...

Hate to burst your bubble but no Apple phone coming in June. It will be September at the earliest.

This I will go ahead and confirm. Yes T2 is entering field trial late next week in the US as well. I was a little shocked that I am getting it before the 9900 but it is what it is....

PG
    BGR was the first to report playbook release date and they first to report this device was supposed to come out in June or July **** got pushed back. I don't particularly like BGR but lately they have been pretty accurate on their blackberry info. Even though you are correct RIM did say summer for a release date, I can't find the exact quote but Jim Balsillie did say that RIM wasn't going to make the public wait for the new OS 7 phones and that they would be out in a short time frame waiting 3-4 months for device isn't a short time frame.

Last edited by blanc71; 06-03-11 at 10:02 PM.
    06-03-11 09:55 PM
    Don't believe it guys, she knows how to take advantage. It's just a cunning plan to get shunted to the head of the line
    Funny Branta, (Pushing herself to the front of the Vz counter) "Excuse me gonna have a baby!" "Call 911 and while your at it sell me a 9930!" Hahaha!

06-03-11 10:08 PM
    Aww...bummer....I do hope Bold 9790 is released earlier, because I'm aiming at it.
    06-03-11 10:21 PM
    BGR was the first to report playbook release date and they first to report this device was supposed to come out in June or July **** got pushed back. I don't particularly like BGR but lately they have been pretty accurate on their blackberry info. Even though you are correct RIM did say summer for a release date, I can't find the exact quote but Jim Balsillie did say that RIM wasn't going to make the public wait for the new OS 7 phones and that they would be out in a short time frame waiting 3-4 months for device isn't a short time frame.

Ok I'll eat my words on the playbook only because I didn't see that particular article but on the 9900 that is completely incorrect it was NEVER going to be a June or July release....

PG
    06-03-11 10:45 PM
    all these delays are just plain wrong when it comes to their new devices.if testing and bugs have been ironed out.what is holding them back? hopefully we hear something from at&t regarding the bold touch and torch 2 release dates.if it keeps dragging, back comes the iphone 5 in my rearview mirror.patience has its limits.
    06-03-11 11:11 PM
    Does anyone remember who eventual broke that the torch was going to release on august 12th of last year? Did he write for wsj or Barron's? Regardless, i believe he was the only one who was correct on the release date of the torch on ATT. If anyone can find that post or person we should try to find or search on anything they have written lately or ask what their opnion on a bold touch release date may be.
    06-03-11 11:16 PM
    Ok I'll eat my words on the playbook only because I didn't see that particular article but on the 9900 that is completely incorrect it was NEVER going to be a June or July release....

PG
    Does the torch 2 coming to the field before the 9900 mean the torch 2 could conceivably be released before the 9900, and I know you touched on this before but does torch 2 coming to the field before the 9900 bode well for speeding up the process on the 9900 cause its the same OS with I think the same radios on both devices?

06-04-11 12:29 AM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD