I'm just really upset now.
    06-03-11 11:08 AM
    Well, that's it....this is apocalyptic....I might as well give up the ghost right here....the fact that THIS particular handset is rumoured ro be late means that my life has no meaning at all.
    Goodbye, cruel world....the rumoured delay of a piece of plastic is so critical to me that I must take my own life....damn the evil empire at RIM....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 11:20 AM
    If this comes out the same time as the iphone 4s or the evo 3d then this is going to be a EPIC FAIL!!! I really like the phone but I guarantee sales wise its going to fail soooooo hard its not going to be funny, but if they release it sooner then that's always going to be better.

06-03-11 11:32 AM
    RIM strikes again and one can only hope.......................that rim gets their act together and releases a few devices before September...meanwhile my TBOLT has been awesome....even the texting has gotten better
    Well, to quote Eric Cartman, my Storm 2 "sucks my b@lls" I was hoping that RIM would offer up something nice with which I could replace the Storm 2. But, if the BOLD won't be out until September, then I am going to have to give a serious look at the iphone5. I really don't understand RIM's corporate philosphy of playing catch-up with its peers.
    06-03-11 11:34 AM
    Im going out on a limb and saying it before Sept. Just saying .... That is all.
    06-03-11 11:35 AM
    I feel like RIM hates me...lol My last NE2 was up right around the time they hemed and hawed about the release of the 9650. I gave up and went with the 9630 (2 months before the FINALLY released the 9650). My next NE2 is up end of Oct - and I just have the gut feeling that this is going to keep getting pushed off and pushed off and won't launch until 2012. Either that or Big Red won't get it.

Because RIM hates me.
    06-03-11 11:36 AM
    If this is really going to happen...where is it listed on crackberry.com? why hasn't Kevin blogged it or put it on here? why hasn't N4BB.com NOT have it on there? really. This BGR rumor is just that! what if in March 2011, BGR came out with multiple sources that said "Playbook NOT coming out Globally until end of July" when you seen reports that North America was getting it April 19th. Fact is, the Bold 9930 is RIM's highend device, so the majority of buyers will be in North America and Europe. RIM sells the Curve 9330 and Curve 3G VERY well in Asia and Indonisia and India and why? it sells for around $200.00 in those countries. The Bold 9930 will have a full retail of over $500.00 and won't be flying off the shelves there. So it may be possible that the Bold 9900/9930 WON'T be available GLOBALLY until September. But I'm still going by the late June/early July here in North America. Canada 1st late June...US mid July.
    mssca likes this.
    06-03-11 11:47 AM
    What a pile of horse ****. I have an iphone 3GS looking to change. I initially wanted to wait for the iphone 5 (or whatever) but im actually now interested in the BB bold 9900...mind you, ive never had a blackberry in my life. However, if this "september release" is true, I'll be forced to upgrade to the new iPhone now in June/July, cause frankly I'm not waiting 4 months, and my iPhone is falling apart. Now ask me if I'm losing interest. I mean i want to like blackberry, but this isn't helping much.

RIM, Good luck with that.
    06-03-11 11:55 AM
    The September release does not surprise me at all. This is just the way it is folks...

And anyone waiting for the new i device is going to be waiting for a while too.

06-03-11 12:17 PM
    This is pretty disappointing to me...I am really not liking my 9800 anymore, and can't wait to use my upgrade (which has been available for a couple months)...was doing really good holding out for the 9900, but I'm really doubting that I will be able to get through another 3+ months with this thing. (slider phones were just an extraordinarily bad idea)
    06-03-11 12:19 PM
    Please correct me if I am wrong but, I thought this phone was on the "road map" to come out in the third quarter? Which would be September.
    06-03-11 12:25 PM
    Please correct me if I am wrong but, I thought this phone was on the "road map" to come out in the third quarter? Which would be September.
    Thats the leaked roadmap info but RIM anounced it as "this summer" on BBWC.
    06-03-11 12:26 PM
    Thats the leaked roadmap info but RIM anounced it as "this summer" on BBWC.
    Oh, Would that be meteorological summer or calendar summer?
    06-03-11 12:29 PM
    I'm not one of those guys to be like "I just got off the phone with _____ and the 9900 is coming out _____ for sure!!!"

That being said,

I just called in to Rogers to ask about my eligibility for an upgrade and they asked me what phone I was looking for and I told the [hideously uninformed girl working there] representative I was inquiring about the Bold 9900, that it isn't released yet but that when it does become available in likely July or August that I would like to upgrade to it. I then asked if she had a ballpark date of when it should be coming up - VERY surprising to me, she said that it would be July. Couldn't believe it seeing as she was clueless about everything else; but she said they'd been given a bunch of tentative dates "nothing set in stone"

but she did give me a straight answer that it would be before August.

boy-gay report can keep spouting their anti-RIM rumours if they'd like. I feel like they're commissioned by El Jobso to spread negative consumer-sentiment towards RIM.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-03-11 12:29 PM
    Got these press releases from RIM.com : Oct. 21, 2009: BlackBerry Bold 9700 expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning in November. November 02, 2009 : BlackBerry Bold 9700 released in USA. moving way on now....July 30, 2010: RIM launches the BlackBerry Bold 9700 in Japan. OK, a FULL eight months that RIM started releasing the Bold 9700 in November in the US until July of 2010 in Japan! Think about it crackberryians..." expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer." was the May 02, 2011 RIM press release for the Bold 9900/9930. So if anything history does show that 90% of the time North America gets BlackBerry devices WAY before some "Global" countries. IMO, I wouldn't read into too much of bgr.com's "multiple sources" I mean, **** if they just had multiple Japanese sources around October 2009, you'd have seen "Bold 9700 NOT coming globally until July of NEXT year" It'll all be good for us here in North America, by the end of July we'll be happily using our Bold 9900/9930 and putting on crackberry.com forums how much fun we're having gotta keep the faith people. PEACE, LOVE and GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING y'all.
    rroyy, 757EliasHZ and phonegeek#AC like this.
    06-03-11 12:30 PM
    Oh, Would that be meteorological summer or calendar summer?
    Nah O_o Let me cal Lazaridis I'll let you know LOL
    06-03-11 12:30 PM
    since apples world convention thing is coming up and they decide to tell us the release date for their new phone, i think the next week you should see phone carriers outting the relese date for this phone
    06-03-11 12:31 PM
    Love the way NA is defined as one part of the world and RestoftheWorld = Global.

Whats the point in squeezing out geographic mistakes from BGR and trying to feel good.
    06-03-11 12:44 PM
    Got these press releases from RIM.com : Oct. 21, 2009: BlackBerry Bold 9700 expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning in November. November 02, 2009 : BlackBerry Bold 9700 released in USA. moving way on now....July 30, 2010: RIM launches the BlackBerry Bold 9700 in Japan. OK, a FULL eight months that RIM started releasing the Bold 9700 in November in the US until July of 2010 in Japan! Think about it crackberryians..." expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer." was the May 02, 2011 RIM press release for the Bold 9900/9930. So if anything history does show that 90% of the time North America gets BlackBerry devices WAY before some "Global" countries. IMO, I wouldn't read into too much of bgr.com's "multiple sources" I mean, **** if they just had multiple Japanese sources around October 2009, you'd have seen "Bold 9700 NOT coming globally until July of NEXT year" It'll all be good for us here in North America, by the end of July we'll be happily using our Bold 9900/9930 and putting on crackberry.com forums how much fun we're having gotta keep the faith people. PEACE, LOVE and GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING y'all.
    BGR said last month this phone was supposed to come out june july and got pushed back to August and they were right as much as I don't like BGR they have been more accurate with release dates the crackberry has, Kevin knows the device isn't coming out until August he even tweeted so last week. What don't you understand the device still isn't even in field testing yet no way this comes out in june or july.

06-03-11 12:53 PM
    [QUOTE=ritesh;6380876]Love the way NA is defined as one part of the world and RestoftheWorld = Global.

My sincere apologies to you ritesh, no insult was intended, I was just merely showing that RIM DOES have a track record of releasing devices usually in North America before they do other countries. Of coure we are all ONE WORLD, one people and did not try to imply some kind of USA #1 mentallity, But the whole wordplay of "Worldwide" & "Globally" is a misnomer in a buisness sense, you would agree that certain devices in India or Asia sell better than North America or Europe or vice-versa. While we are ALL Global, that does not change how buisness or companies view things. The only color they know is GREEN!
    06-03-11 01:00 PM
    Keep digging Lefty...

Although your posts are painful to read, the comedy value is priceless!
    06-03-11 01:12 PM
    Kevin knows the device isn't coming out until August he even tweeted so last week. What don't you understand the device still isn't even in field testing yet no way this comes out in june or july.

This is Kevin's re-tweet to me May 27th : "Not ruling it out. Would love to see it happen, not getting my hopes up though." So IMO the dates I was told by a Sprint customer service tech from the call center could still ring true.
    06-03-11 01:16 PM
    So IMO the dates I was told by a Sprint customer service tech from the call center could still ring true.
    BlackBerry Bold 9930, BlackBerry Torch 9850 (monaco) both headed to Sprint! | CrackBerry.com

Quote:

"So when exactly are these devices expected to arrive? Well, if you jump on past the break you'll see the release date for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 is tentatively set for August 21"
    06-03-11 01:21 PM
    You are perfectly correct. The problem is some feel if they wished bad enough the 9900 will come out in June! Now that they found out that it is really going to come out in Summer 3rd qtr, they are disappointed!

RIM should be ASHAMED for releasing this phone when they were surposed to do so!

These people set themselves up for disappointment! What is worst is I have seen even far away projected release date get pushed back by RIM so we could see Sept turn to October.

Best to just relax and enjoy the show!
    mrsmustang likes this.
    06-03-11 01:23 PM
    And here I thought that most Brits where pretty funny. Maybe you need to upgrade from the whole Oscar Wilde dry wry wit and at least give it more, err, I dunno, Eddie Izzard...or wait! better yet, Ade Edmonson "Young Ones" era of "**** Off!" ...."YES!!! WE'VE GOT A VIDEO!" and by the by Phil, my ansestors where originally from England (Buckinghamshire) so who the **** knows? we just might be related
    06-03-11 01:26 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD