I SEE MANY 9900 USERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DEAD PHONE AFTER CHARGING. I AM A VICTIM ALSO, MY PHONE IS NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS OLD. I BROUGHT IT FROM ROGERS IN TORONTO AT FULL PRICE. NOW I AM BEING TOLD THAT I DONT HAVE WARRANTY IS THIS CORRECT? IS BLACKBEERY/ROGERS LIEABLE TO FIX THIS PHONE, I MEAN I ONLY SPENT $700.00 ON IT...
    10-12-11 04:04 PM
    Yes they are liable. The phone has a 1 year warranty on it no matter if you bought it outright or on contract. Call back and speak to someone else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 04:10 PM
    I SEE MANY 9900 USERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DEAD PHONE AFTER CHARGING. I AM A VICTIM ALSO, MY PHONE IS NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS OLD. I BROUGHT IT FROM ROGERS IN TORONTO AT FULL PRICE. NOW I AM BEING TOLD THAT I DONT HAVE WARRANTY IS THIS CORRECT? IS BLACKBEERY/ROGERS LIEABLE TO FIX THIS PHONE, I MEAN I ONLY SPENT $700.00 ON IT...
    Cellular One? That means you unlocked your BlackBerry (9900) ?

Unfortunately, this also voids your warranty.
    10-12-11 04:24 PM
    what does it matter if i unlocked it or not i brought it full price...so because i unlocked it it has no warranty now? that makes no sence...
    10-12-11 05:01 PM
    Unlocking the phone should not void your warranty. I know of friends (with Rogers), who have unlocked their phones and have still been able to have them replaced. Unlocking is not a crime.

As I said before, call Rogers again. You probably just got caught with an uninformed rep.

10-12-11 05:05 PM
    Unlocking the phone should not void your warranty. I know of friends (with Rogers), who have unlocked their phones and have still been able to have them replaced. Unlocking is not a crime.

As I said before, call Rogers again. You probably just got caught with an uninformed rep.

Yeah, depends on the CSR, but in my experience, after what the OP posted, he already spoke to one. He must have mentioned that it was unlocked. Why else would he be refused warranty? Right or wrong.
    10-12-11 05:33 PM
    what does it matter if i unlocked it or not i brought it full price...so because i unlocked it it has no warranty now? that makes no sence...
    I do not know vermonde. You spoke to the Rogers CSR. What did he/she say in response to you telling them it was still under warranty? (which it should be)
    10-12-11 05:35 PM
    i am going to take it to rogers and see what the say....
    10-12-11 05:43 PM
    Sounds like a plan.
    10-12-11 05:49 PM
    Hey guys, I have the same problem but with the added twist that my point of sale has gone bankrupt. That means I have no one to turn to. I live in Sweden and BB has no office/store here. Who do I turn to? For the past 2 months I've been trying to get an answer out of the BBhelp team on twitter, but they just ignore my messages...

Please help!
    01-12-12 12:28 PM
    Hey guys, I have the same problem but with the added twist that my point of sale has gone bankrupt. That means I have no one to turn to. I live in Sweden and BB has no office/store here. Who do I turn to? For the past 2 months I've been trying to get an answer out of the BBhelp team on twitter, but they just ignore my messages...

Please help!
    Does your cellular carrier sell BlackBerry? You could try taking it in to one of their stores and see if they can send it off for repair. They may charge you, but at least you will have a working phone when it comes back.

The sad thing is most cell phones are serviced by the carriers and if you didn't get it from them, there is no direct route to BlackBerry to get repairs done.
    01-12-12 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD