Is anyone also considering the Nokia E6 as an alternative to the 9900? The E6 has amazing hardware and doesn't skimp on the areas that RIM seems to. Also, the E6 seems to have a nice, revamped software (Anna) that won't be bad. Plus, the E6 has a level of uniqueness that makes it attractive.

On the other hand, the 9900 has faster processor, more fluid graphics and transitions, faster overall, and a better keyboard and larger screen.

I'm currently on the 9700 and I've considered trying something new (the E6), but am worried that I will regret leaving BB since I've really gotten use to the email capabilties and the growing developer support for the OS. What are your guys thoughts, I"m not looking for an answer (as that is personal), just thoughts.
    05-23-11 02:32 PM
    My 2 cents worth:

I'm currently using the N8 but the 9900 has my attention and I miss a BB keyboard terribly. The symbian OS is usable and that is the extent of it. I find myself waiting on the phone and having to touch the screen too many times for what should be routine uses. I'm not sure Anna will do much but change the graphics a bit and add one or two more wrinkles.

I think the E6 camera is a fixed focus one but their top of the line phones (N8, C7, etc.) have had fantastic cameras as of late. For some that won't matter but it is something to consider.
    05-23-11 02:49 PM
    My 2 cents worth:

I'm currently using the N8 but the 9900 has my attention and I miss a BB keyboard terribly. The symbian OS is usable and that is the extent of it. I find myself waiting on the phone and having to touch the screen too many times for what should be routine uses. I'm not sure Anna will do much but change the graphics a bit and add one or two more wrinkles.

I think the E6 camera is a fixed focus one but their top of the line phones (N8, C7, etc.) have had fantastic cameras as of late. For some that won't matter but it is something to consider.
    How is the email experience on the N8? I know it's not a qwerty, but do you find that it has similar usability as does a BB for messaging? What about the apps, are you okay with the available apps? I'm trying to get a reading as to how living with a Nokia on symbian anna OS will be. Specs are obviously important, but the actually usability and "livability" factor is also important. I've been on BB for years now. I'm worried that the 680MHZ on the E6 is too slow?
    Last edited by grujaz10; 05-23-11 at 03:25 PM.
    05-23-11 03:12 PM
    Let's face it, you won't beat the E-mail and messaging on a BB. Apps - they both need some work but symbian is still trailing BB IMO.
    05-23-11 03:40 PM
    i have never been a fan of nokia phones.nothing about them draw my interest.
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    05-23-11 11:09 PM
    9900. The keyboard does it for me.
    05-23-11 11:47 PM
    going from a Nokia to a Blackberry? Seriously? lol never would I even consider that
    05-24-11 08:42 AM

On the other hand, the 9900 has faster processor, more fluid graphics and transitions, faster overall, and a better keyboard and larger screen.

...am worried that I will regret leaving BB since I've really gotten use to the email capabilties and the growing developer support for the OS.
    /debate...
    05-24-11 01:31 PM
    k.. Once a blackberry never a Nokia..
    But you can always change from a Nokia to a blackberry.. I changed from a 5230 which I was using for 2 years.. it used the same Os as the N96 and the N97.. and (I was a slow typer) With Blackberry Im much faster and "I�m lovin it.." So I would seriously consider the change..

The Nokia N8 is pretty good.. Ive been with it a couple of times, I was considering that one before I bought a blackberry.. But then I thought about the pros and cons Nokia: 12 MP camera. Blackberry: 2.0 In my case (9300)
    But I dnt use camera a lot. Just the fact of having BB messenger made my change.. plus I dnt use the Camera lot.
    I had the chance of having an Iphone 4 (16 GB) but I perfered the blackberry because of the BBM as I referred, but also because of the push email, and I dnt really like touch screen phones.
    Now im in love with my blackberry.. I would seriously consider the change. the new Bold seems to be pretty good. The torch 2 is also coming out.. you could also consider that.
    05-24-11 03:37 PM
    � The Nokia E6 business series smartphone is made in monoblock form factor and packs a 2.46-inch capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 640 x 480 pixels, a physical QWERTY keyboard, accelerometer, digital compass, GPS, proximity and light sensors.
    Newly Nokia E6 smartphone is equipped with 256MB RAM, 8GB flash storage, 8 megapixels camera with dual LED flash and 720p HD video recording, Bluetooth 3.0, FM tuner, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, a microSD card slot (up to 32GB), MicroUSB port, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
    Dimensions of Nokia E6 are 115.5 x 59 x 10.5 mm and weight about 140 g. It is works in GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz and WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz cellular networks. The battery of E6 is enabling up to 15 hours of talk time (Battery: 1500 mAh), 680 hours in standby.�

excerpts from Mobile News - Latest news and infos about mobile phones

Not bad though. But 99xx rocks !!
    Last edited by nfsw; 05-25-11 at 06:02 AM.
    05-25-11 05:59 AM
    People say touchscreen on a 2.8" is small, let's see what they say about a 2.4"!

Nokia makes some good hardware, but their keyboards on their ESeries are nowhere near as good as a Blackberry. Not to mention Symbian, even prettied up is worse than OS6, and even I think OS6 is getting outdated.
    05-25-11 07:39 AM
    People say touchscreen on a 2.8" is small, let's see what they say about a 2.4"!

Nokia makes some good hardware, but their keyboards on their ESeries are nowhere near as good as a Blackberry. .
    True. I was also thinking how its gonna work on 2.4 unless they provide stylus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 08:07 AM
    For what it's worth, I'll be getting the Nokia E6 when it's released.
    The BB Bold 9780 is going for $1,600 where I'm at. BB Torch =$1,900+. Bold 9900, should be $2,000 or above
    E6 is retailing for $570 in Spore =$1,200 to $1,300. The price does it, lol.
    I've never used blackberry before though, less than 5% of my friends use it, that's 2nd reason. Most use Nokia or Android phones
    05-27-11 10:25 AM
    Let's face it, you won't beat the E-mail and messaging on a BB. Apps - they both need some work but symbian is still trailing BB IMO.
    Not sure about that. The E6 has built-in support for Exchange Active Sync so you can hook up to an exchange server without paying through the nose for BES or can connect to gmail without dealing with the slow BIS sync. Plus, if you travel internationally, you can pop in a cheap pre-paid SIM and still get your email pushed to your device either via wi-fi or 3G.

The E6 has a couple of other features that are of interest to the international traveller. It has a penta-band 3G radio which will give you 3G speeds on any GSM network and it has Ovi maps which can download a complete set of maps for whatever country you are in. There is also a front facing video camera for video calling back home.

OTOH Symbian seems even more dead than BB OS with that Microsoft double agent running Nokia now.
    07-11-11 12:27 PM
    I've always liked Nokia, but it's a shame that they aren't going to push more meego devices out.

WP7 looks cool and all... but for Nokia? I don't think so.

I had a few Nokia phones, some of the best I've owned, but to go back to them from a BB seems pointless. Especially when moving away from Symbian.

It's a shame though, I always wanted an E series phone for the form factor, but Nokia never got on board with US carriers.

One last tidbit- How did nokia get a touch screen candy bar QWERTY out before rim? Anyone?
    07-11-11 02:40 PM
    Battery is eons better on E6

And the phone's actualy build quality blow almost any phone out on the market.
    07-12-11 08:51 PM
    Battery is eons better on E6

And the phone's actualy build quality blow almost any phone out on the market.
    I highly doubt both of those claims...
    07-12-11 08:59 PM
    I highly doubt both of those claims...
    Your a fanboy so it's natural to. At any rate, just look up the spec sheet/reviews of the phone, the build quality on the E-Series has always been top tier. And the battery is also one of the main selling points this time around, effectively doubling performance of what competitor smart phones are aiming for.
    07-12-11 09:20 PM
    Your a fanboy so it's natural to. At any rate, just look up the spec sheet/reviews of the phone, the build quality on the E-Series has always been top tier. And the battery is also one of the main selling points this time around, effectively doubling performance of what competitor smart phones are aiming for.
    Fanboy? Whatever!

I owned an E61 and admit the build quality was great... but the signal reception, battery life and outdated Symbian OS were all dire.

There are no specs yet for the 9900/30 battery life, but rumours are it's as good as the 9700/80... plus the build quality and materials used for this device far surpass anything RIM has ever produced.

07-12-11 09:35 PM
    I've owned the E-series (e71 and e51). They are very well built. Unfortunately the keyboard is nowhere near as good as ANY BB. Maybe you like typing on tiny keys or you have girly hands. Anyway it looks as though the 9900 is stepping up in build quality if previews are accurate.

The battery quality on the E series may be great, but it's running an even older and more antiquated OS than BBs are these days. Oh and it's a 2'4" touchscreen.. when some are even ******** about smallness of the 2.8" on the 9900. And I'm not sure how you could make the claim that the battery is better than the 9900 when the 9900 isn't even out, let alone "eons" better.
    07-12-11 09:40 PM
    Fanboy? Whatever!

I owned an E61 and admit the build quality was great... but the signal reception, battery life and outdated Symbian OS were all dire.

There are no specs yet for the 9900/30 battery life, but rumours are it's as good as the 9700/80... plus the build quality and materials used for this device far surpass anything RIM has ever produced.

The E6 has better build quality than any current BB but so did the E71. The 9900 may be better than anything RIM has produced but that is not a difficult standard to exceed.

It's true at Symbian is outdated and almost a dead platform. However it does offe a few advantages over BB OS such as support for EAS.
    07-12-11 09:42 PM
    I think people exaggerate the build quality of Nokias. I've had a bunch and they have been well-built but nothing that's that much better than other phones. they've lost alot in terms of reception and signal quality over the years as well.
    07-12-11 09:50 PM
    I have owned a number of Nokia phones in the past. I still have the N95 and I have the N8. The build quality on the N8 is great but the iPhone4 is way better. I had the E71 five times. The build quality is one of their best, but that phone had a lot of issues. RF and BT were the biggest issues, still is. Nokia are known for RAM issues. I had the E72 and sold it the next day. Huge disappointment. The optical trackpad is a joke. They tried to copy BlackBerry's trackpad. Doesn't even come close. Nokia's RF and call quality doesn't even come close to BlackBerry. Their "cleaned up" Symbian OS is worse, IMO. I prefer the UI on the N95 and E71. Nokia made a mistake by dumping BBconnect. NM was a disaster when it first launched. It has improved, but nothing beats BB's push email. I used the E71 for awhile until I switched over to BB. Never going back.
    07-13-11 12:49 AM
    Nokia E61 was a tank but man, it took ages to do anything on it, every step in the menu had to be confirmed, you had to do 4-5 steps to reply to an email or sms, you can do that on a bb by just pressing one key, R-reply or L-reply to all
    E71 looked great and solid but it quickly falls apart and it gets a lot of dust under the screen.

07-13-11 04:20 AM
    OS7 over Symbian anyday!, never been a big fan of Nokia, and I don't think the E6 is anything special. + i could never live without my BBM
    07-13-11 05:37 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD