I have an unlocked BB Bold 9900 bought directly from RIM and use it on a Fido network in Canada. Fido does not sell Bold 9900, Rogers does. My question is how will I know if an update is available? Rogers will not send an email to inform me of any available updates as I am not a Rogers customer. Fido will not inform me either as Fido does not sell this phone. So how do I update the phone? Will RIM advise me when an update becomes available? I tried downloading Vodaphone Australian update and installing it, it does not work. Desktop Manager does not find any update. I tried doing it manually, it does not update either. Could some one please advise me a solution to this issue?
    Thank you all so much.
    12-06-11 08:16 PM
    Keep following CrackBerry and read its forums. It is explained everywhere over 1 million times how to update your blackberry to a leaked OS. It is very easy, download the new update (exe file), install it, delete vendor.xml file, plug your phone, open Apploader.exe, go through the wizard and that's it.

Now use the search button for further details.
    12-06-11 08:31 PM
    I tried doing what you mentioned above, doesn't work. Through this forum I am trying to find out why. Is it because I am using Fire Fox to down load the update or is there some other reason. Thanks.
    12-07-11 08:05 AM
    Will RIM advise me when an update becomes available?
    No, that's all done thru the carrier. Installing a leak is as simple as xalkoholicx laid out. There may be 2 vendor files you need to delete.

Is it because I am using Fire Fox to down load the update or is there some other reason. Thanks.
    I doubt that's the problem, firefox downloads files just as well as IE or any other browser.
    12-07-11 08:33 AM
    im with fido to, with a phone from rogers
    rogers doesnt email but best bet is to stick to crackberry
    i havent had fido blackberries for about 4 years
    i just get all my os updates and info from crackberry !
    12-07-11 12:19 PM
    What are those two vendor files that I need to delete and where can I find them? Thanks.
    12-07-11 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD