So. I've had my blackberry bold 9900 for just over a year now, but for the past couple months I've been having a problem where sometimes my screen would just stop working. Everything else works, I just won't be able to see texts, who called, obviously anything to do with the use of the screen. This problem occurs often and randomly and when it happens, it can last from a few hours to 3 days. After some times it starts working normally again but then after a couple hours the screen stops working yet again. Over the past 2 months the record for how long it worked was 3 days straight. Now when this happens I just use my sister's old phone.

I've sent in my blackberry for repair back in July/August, and they said that the problem was that there was an LCD leak caused by a crack I got when I was at a party so I had to pay for a whole new screen. I got it back and it was working fine, but then after a few days the problem would occur again. You can see the keyboard light up so I know when the phone is unlocked/on, the backlight still works for the screen, and the touch screen works too, but there is no picture coming up. All you see is black.

This past weekend, I went to Rogers again to see if they knew about this problem or if I should send the phone in again to see what's up. The worker told me that it happens to his phone too and it's not worth it sending the phone to RIM since all they would do is just reinstall the software or whatever and that I could just do it at home. He said it works for his phone. I tried it but with no success. Maybe his issue was something different.

I would like to know if anyone else with this phone has experienced this problem as well and what they have done to try and solve this problem or if it's a lost cause, or my phone got messed up when it was produced. I tried searching online to see if anyone else experienced this problem but I haven't seen anything yet...

Any feedback would help!

Thanks
    10-17-12 02:09 AM
    Did you figure out how to fix it? This just happened to mine they said liguid damage its not covered but the phone still works they said $250 to fix
    12-18-12 06:48 PM
    tumer take out your battery and remove your lcd screen wipe the lcd cable contact on the phone and the cables contact part (not the whole length of it) with Isopropyl alcohol (99% or as close to as possible - safe for use on cleaning water damage in computer pcb's) on a q tip to clean it properly (water is bad to use to clean it as it contains mineral residue) check the rest of the phone for water damaged corrosion and rub those with the alcohol too, leave to dry for a full day and reassemble. if that doesnt work try another screen
    12-19-12 10:26 AM
    I've had this issue for a month now. The phone screen blanks for about 3 minutes but the phone still works. After a few minutes I can hit a key and it comes back to life. I did a complete reset of the phone to factory settings and it seemed ok until I put the sim in then the issue returned. Any ideas?
    05-29-13 07:47 AM