ordered mine just now from ebay. will wait to get the deleivery and judge how is the quality
    01-01-12 10:26 PM
    ordered mine just now from ebay. will wait to get the deleivery and judge how is the quality
    Please let us know!
    01-02-12 10:57 PM
    Just got mine today from China took 2 weeks to get here but I like feels better in the hand and looks good too now all we need is a real battery and auto focus and we would have a true BOLD.
    StephE likes this.
    01-03-12 04:02 PM
    Well, if anyone is interested in my black cover from True Supplier, PM me. $8 + regular postage.
    01-03-12 07:38 PM
    That definitely looks nice...I might have to try one..what is this thing about antenna issue?
    01-03-12 07:46 PM
    got mine yest, love it
    01-13-12 06:02 PM
    its quality is good, not cheaply made or anything.
    ezela21 likes this.
    01-13-12 06:12 PM
    Got mine today. It does seem a little less ridgid then the carbon fibe one but if the original really is carbon fiber that make sence as we all know plastic is not as strong. The plastic one doesnt appear any thinner then the original and once on the phone it seems as good as the carbon fiber And i like that it doesnt feel slick once you get your humanoid grease on it :-)

I love it!!!
    soogriff likes this.
    01-13-12 06:33 PM
    I just got mine yesterday, it looks pretty nice but NFC is NOT working for me. Anyone else?
    01-18-12 02:09 PM
    got mine today... love it... here's a before and after pic:

01-18-12 03:28 PM
    That looks pretty awesome. I may have to check that out. The battery cover is a fingerprint magnet.
    01-18-12 03:30 PM
    Looks good
    01-18-12 04:33 PM
    I'm quoting myself on purpose now that I could read the oter posts: I got mine from TrueSupplier. Fits well but is VERY thin, almost soft. Provides no protection for the back side of the device. Not recommended! I'm not using it.
    Therefore I would like to know if the product from the OP's link offers better stability, similar to the original battery door - if anyone has something to say, please! Thanks.
    OK so I bought the other one too - from the link to ebay.
    It looks better that the one from TrueSupplier, as it is more rough-textured. Actually it looks very good. NFC seems to work - at least I can turn it on with no problems.
    However, it is also very thin, and by pushing it slightly with one finger I can easily bend it down to the battery surface. I tried putting small sticky notes underneath, but then it does no longer fit well around the edges.
    So I again went back to the original door, which in my opinion provides a much more rugged protection. I cannot recommend these products - they make the BB look nicer and less smeared, but the overall stability and quality feel goes away.
    I wish RIM would relase such a fake leather battery door - with better looks but the same quality standard as the current one.
    01-19-12 06:50 AM
    Omg I love the battery cover door that came with the bold! I just don't understand I guess.

It doesn't slip out my hands, I just love the smoothness of the back cover
    01-19-12 12:34 PM
    I just got mine yesterday, it looks pretty nice but NFC is NOT working for me. Anyone else?
    bump.. i'm about to order another one but I would like to know if I should order from the same seller or not.
    02-01-12 02:15 AM
    True Supplier or eBay special?
    02-01-12 05:02 AM
    As outlined already in one of my previous posts, I cannot recommend these replacement parts, neither the one from TrueSupplier nor the one from the OP's ebay-Link (I bought both). They look good, but are way too soft and offer no protection at all for the back side of the device.

On top of everything, listen to that:

*) as requested, I informed the ebay-seller of my intention to rate the product negatively.
    *) so they offered me to take it back if I would give them apositive rating. Taking a not liked item back is OK, but asking the customer to rate it positively? I did not accept the offer and submitted a negative rating.
    *) weeks later, I'm getting an offer from them to get a $8 refund, without having to return the item, If only I would rate the item favorably.

While this might sound like an interesting offer if I would just want to get my money back, I consider that as highly dubious. What they are actually doing is to BUY THEMSELVES POSITIVE RATINGS.

I will not support such machinations and will stick to my negative rating and to my recommendation for everybody, not to buy such items.
    02-16-12 04:53 AM
    As outlined already in one of my previous posts, I cannot recommend these replacement parts, neither the one from TrueSupplier nor the one from the OP's ebay-Link (I bought both). They look good, but are way too soft and offer no protection at all for the back side of the device.

On top of everything, listen to that:

*) as requested, I informed the ebay-seller of my intention to rate the product negatively.
    *) so they offered me to take it back if I would give them apositive rating. Taking a not liked item back is OK, but asking the customer to rate it positively? I did not accept the offer and submitted a negative rating.
    *) weeks later, I'm getting an offer from them to get a $8 refund, without having to return the item, If only I would rate the item favorably.

While this might sound like an interesting offer if I would just want to get my money back, I consider that as highly dubious. What they are actually doing is to BUY THEMSELVES POSITIVE RATINGS.

I will not support such machinations and will stick to my negative rating and to my recommendation for everybody, not to buy such items.
    Kudos to you. Hopefully your feedback helps to keep people from wasting their money.
    02-16-12 05:01 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD