Hi guy need help. I've recently got a blackberry 9900 and i've had nothing but problems since i got it first off all my apps disappeared and could download anymore as had error 545 an error 505 i rang my phone company and they help me resolve the problem by updating software but since i've done this i can no longer hear people when i answer the phone yet they can hear me my speaker is fine as the phone still rings i've done a battery pull and also done the soft restore but still nothing i've even tried putting my headset in and out but still nothing i'm at the end of my tether and feel like ripping my hair out! can anyone suggest what i can do without taking it into the shop.. Please HELP!! Thank you.
    05-31-12 07:34 AM
    Hi guy need help. I've recently got a blackberry 9900 and i've had nothing but problems since i got it first off all my apps disappeared and could download anymore as had error 545 an error 505 i rang my phone company and they help me resolve the problem by updating software but since i've done this i can no longer hear people when i answer the phone yet they can hear me my speaker is fine as the phone still rings i've done a battery pull and also done the soft restore but still nothing i've even tried putting my headset in and out but still nothing i'm at the end of my tether and feel like ripping my hair out! can anyone suggest what i can do without taking it into the shop.. Please HELP!! Thank you.
    Which carrier are you with ?
    05-31-12 07:36 AM
    Which carrier are you with ?
    i'm with o2
    05-31-12 07:41 AM
    I'm with o2
    Ok, reason I asked was that many AT&T users have reportedly had a similar problem with certain OS's.

From what I recall, .428 cured the problem, might be worth upgrading your OS to that version and see if the problem is solved.
    05-31-12 07:43 AM
    I'm sorry i'm new to all this especially the OS thing what does that mean??
    05-31-12 07:49 AM
    It sounds like a defective phone. Can you return it to "o2" for a new one? I know you stated in you original post that you're trying to avoid the shop, but that might not be such a bad idea.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 05-31-12 at 07:53 AM.
    05-31-12 07:50 AM
    It sounds like a defective phone. Can you return it to "o2" for a new one? I know you stated in you original post that you're trying to avoid the shop, but that might not be such a bad idea.
    I could yeah it's just I'd rather see if I can do something myself before resorting to taking it to the shop
    05-31-12 08:02 AM
    Ok, reason I asked was that many AT&T users have reportedly had a similar problem with certain OS's.

From what I recall, .428 cured the problem, might be worth upgrading your OS to that version and see if the problem is solved.
    it's ok I've worked it out it's operative services. But what would I have to do to upgrade to that and how?

I'm grateful for anyhelp you can give me.
    05-31-12 08:06 AM
    it's ok I've worked it out it's operative services. But what would I have to do to upgrade to that and how?

I'm grateful for anyhelp you can give me.
    To upgrade your OS, download the selected OS to your PC and install (run) the file. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...one-hk-725733/

If the OS does not come from your own carrier you need to delete the Vendor.xml files.

You can do this by using this program: http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...e-tool-709922/

Open Desktop Manager on your PC and connect the phone, DM should recognise that there is an update available and prompt you to install it.

Before you do so, do a backup.

If you try it and get stuck just ask on the forum and you will get all the advice you need.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 05-31-12 at 08:16 AM.
    chazmctown likes this.
    05-31-12 08:14 AM
    To upgrade your OS, download the selected OS to your PC and install (run) the file. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...one-hk-725733/

If the OS does not come from your own carrier you need to delete the Vendor.xml files.

You can do this by using this program: http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...e-tool-709922/

Open Desktop Manager on your PC and connect the phone, DM should recognise that there is an update available and prompt you to install it.

Before you do so, do a backup.

If you try it and get stuck just ask on the forum and you will get all the advice you need.
    thank you so much I will repost later if this works thanks for taking time to help me out
    05-31-12 08:21 AM
    Will i lose any apps or anything when i do this upgrade as i lost everything previously
    05-31-12 09:16 AM
    Will i lose any apps or anything when i do this upgrade as i lost everything previously
    The apps should be covered by the backup and will be restored, but you may need to re enter any PINS and settings etc.

Eg for me, when I install a new OS MeterBerry is re isntalled on my phone but I need to re enter the PIN and put my preferred settings back onto it.
    05-31-12 09:59 AM
    hi i've just started this update thing and it's giving me the option to downgrade do you think this would b wise to try first before i try the os 428?
    06-01-12 01:00 PM
    hi i'm just about to start this upgrade of the os 428 but atm it's giving me the option to downgrade to the 7.0 shall i try this before i try the os 428?
    06-01-12 01:03 PM
    Actually, if it is the same as the AT&T mic issue, which I personally had, this was not fixed in version .428, but was fixed in version .437. However, the version that works best for me, that I would recommend is .318.
    06-03-12 12:50 AM
    Hi..i got my blackberry like a week ago n started getting problems with hearing, cant hear when i call someone or when someone else is calling..during the day if i make 3 calls or 2 after that when i call someone i cant hear even when someone else calls till i have to do a restart pull out the battery n then starts working perfect then again the same thing, don't have any flashlight app installed nothing using it the way it is so please give me some solutions to it thanks!
    09-17-12 12:43 PM
    Hi..i got my blackberry like a week ago n started getting problems with hearing, cant hear when i call someone or when someone else is calling..during the day if i make 3 calls or 2 after that when i call someone i cant hear even when someone else calls till i have to do a restart pull out the battery n then starts working perfect then again the same thing, don't have any flashlight app installed nothing using it the way it is so please give me some solutions to it thanks!
    Re-read this thread, Solutions where given.
    09-17-12 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD