Hello for about one weeks my blackberry bold 9900 has been playing up. Last week i charged my phone at night as usual woke up everything was fine and on the way to school after about 15 minutes being on my phone it suddenly turned off never ever happened to me before it turned off back again but when it did it turned off straight away so i took out the battery waited for couple minutes put it back and started normally and the battery when to red used it for couple minutes and it was fully dead i charged at school it was alright but on the way back it done the same thing it was fine at home next day again and someday in the week it turned off more than once but when it was on charge it was fine. It was like that everyday of the week and on sunday go home my phone was turned off tried to turn it on but i couldn't but the led it was flashing when it was charging and even when it wasn't left it over night in the morning couldn't turn it on so i took out the battery and left for the day tried to charge just now but the same thing the red light is flashing but its just black screen
    Someone help me
    12-17-13 06:40 PM
    Have you tried a different battery?
    12-17-13 09:31 PM
    No do you think that's the problem
    12-18-13 01:31 AM
    You've gotta start somewhere! Try another battery first as suggested above. They are very inexpensive on Amazon or borrow one from a friend.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-18-13 02:49 AM
    Tried two diffrent batteries and still doesn't work
    12-20-13 07:34 PM
    Does the LED light blink or turn on?
    12-23-13 12:24 PM
    Try another battery first
    12-25-13 05:40 AM
    I'm having the same problem and I even created a thread for it. Exact same problem as this guy. Any help?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 01:27 PM
    I had the same problem. It is a bricked device. You need to reload the OS on the phone using Blackberry Desktop Manager
    06-17-15 04:30 AM
    We always answer this thread. there should already be 100 answers to this problem.

1) it's a common problem.
    2) it happens to everyone.

Here's the thing.
    1) if the blackberry has been off for a while let it sit here charging (yes idealy with a proven good battery) and let it sit there maybe for an hour.
    2) if you can put it on an official blackberry charger (sounds stupid i know) or your laptop WITH the blackberry desktop app running.
    AGAIN wait for an hour.

You'll find that they just refuse to turn on sometimes and just sitting there plugged in for a while WILL get it to revive.

Of course there are even DEAD blackberries that NEVER turn on but all of a sudden blackberry desktop will tell you it needs to re-install it's software (which of course means it's seen it and it can fix it)

Again I found this out because my 9900 died. I had other batteries. tried that (important step) and it didn't work. so I plugged it onto my laptop to figure out what I could do (restore it what ever) and my 4 year old took me away (or else I would have spend a couple of minutes and just given up)

I came back 2 hours later and the blackberry was back to life wondering why I wasn't using it ;-)
    Murundum likes this.
    06-19-15 03:47 PM
    On the other hand I've lost two 9900 to the same problem. Tried everything like you said but no result.
    06-20-15 06:14 AM