I just called my friends from best buy (I just recently quit) and asked about the bold 9900. He said they are accepting pre-orders(which we all already knew) and that it is coming out August 13 with limited quantities. So it is best to pre-order it. There you go! An official release from best buy Canada. Brampton Ontario. Enjoy!
    08-08-11 01:17 PM
    Did you happen to know if it's available to straight up buy or only on contract?
    08-08-11 01:29 PM
    I know there is a rumour that it is releasing tomorrow. but I trust my friends that I have known for over 2 years, more then I do a blurry picture, that resembles a curve more then a 9900. We shall find out soon enough! I made an account specifically to let you guys know, as I have been following this, for months and months. waiting to get my new BlackBerry Bold 9900!
    08-08-11 01:31 PM
    I preordered mine yesterday and I'm hoping for tomorrow or the 13th! Cannot wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 01:32 PM
    I didn't ask for prices because I already knew. But yes, you can buy off contract aswell. But again, limited quantities.
    08-08-11 01:33 PM
    after the release fiasco, RIM delivers one more: limited quantities available, in other words, IT'S NOT RELEASED
    08-08-11 01:59 PM
    doubt it.. but if ur right.. kudos
    08-08-11 02:52 PM
    after the release fiasco, RIM delivers one more: limited quantities available, in other words, IT'S NOT RELEASED
    Well think about it. When any product comes out, there are "limited quantities" available, it is common sense. And yes, we know it is not released. For if it were, we would all have one. Thanks.
    08-08-11 03:46 PM
    doubt it.. but if ur right.. kudos
    I was thinking about your post, and I called 3 different rogers stores within a 5km radius of my house. I asked them when it was coming out. They all said the same thing. Sometime in the next week. So I brought up what Best Buy said. They, once again, all said, "well they weren't supposed to say anything until the day of. But yes that is correct." They also said "Best Buy and Futureshop are accepting Pre-orders." So I asked them if they were, and they said no. I don't know, if all Rogers are like that, or if some are accepting pre-orders. But I have 4 sources, all saying August 13. Either way, it is coming out before the 15 on rogers. So let's spend some money.
    08-08-11 03:52 PM
    I really need to know if hotspot would be available or not... It'll save me money!
    08-08-11 03:56 PM
    I really need to know if hotspot would be available or not... It'll save me money!
    Well I can not confirm that. I have heard that it is available, and I have also heard that it is not available. From multiple sources. I guess we wait and see. Or give them a call? Haha you never know.
    08-08-11 03:58 PM
    probably not, im just guessing here it wont, i defintely think it'd be a feature they'd hype up if it had it, but no mention at all about it
    08-08-11 06:12 PM
    I was thinking about your post, and I called 3 different rogers stores within a 5km radius of my house. I asked them when it was coming out. They all said the same thing. Sometime in the next week. So I brought up what Best Buy said. They, once again, all said, "well they weren't supposed to say anything until the day of. But yes that is correct." They also said "Best Buy and Futureshop are accepting Pre-orders." So I asked them if they were, and they said no. I don't know, if all Rogers are like that, or if some are accepting pre-orders. But I have 4 sources, all saying August 13. Either way, it is coming out before the 15 on rogers. So let's spend some money.
    you might be right.. but it's weird that they would release it on a saturday.. it's possible but all the business folk work downtown and the downtown stores are their flagship stores..

i really hope it;s not on the saturday as it's easier for me to get to a rogers on a weekday! haha
    08-08-11 08:54 PM
    you might be right.. but it's weird that they would release it on a saturday.. it's possible but all the business folk work downtown and the downtown stores are their flagship stores..

i really hope it;s not on the saturday as it's easier for me to get to a rogers on a weekday! haha
    Yea, it stroke me a bit odd aswell. But I mean it is Rogers. They are a pretty messed up company as it is. When it comes to rogers, expect the unexpected, expect anything lol.
    08-08-11 09:13 PM
    Rogers went downhill ever since Ted Rogers passed away (May he Rest In Peace). Rogers Wireless was his baby. If he was still with us today, this crap wouldn't be happening. We would know the release date by now.
    08-08-11 09:25 PM
    Rogers went downhill ever since Ted Rogers passed away (May he Rest In Peace). Rogers Wireless was his baby. If he was still with us today, this crap wouldn't be happening. We would know the release date by now.
    I agree to that, his company is **** now, over priced, ripping everyone off. Charging us for stuff we aren't using, etc. etc.
    08-08-11 11:27 PM
    Most of the telecom companies in the world are evil so nothing new here. I do however need this phone before the 15th as i'm traveling and would like to pick one up from rogers.
    08-09-11 02:35 AM
    It's not that they're evil. We as consumers have just grown so dependent on their services that they could do what they want with us.
    08-09-11 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD