I love my BB9900, switched from my iPhone to this was heaven to my thumbs! Now I only have a couple of things I want to share..

1. My OEM Charger doesn't even charge my phone no more.. I have to use a multi charger to charge it. When I plug in my charger when I first got it, it worked! But now it doesnt and says something about not recognizing the USB.

2. I seem to have a REALLY sensitive screen when I only charge it. When unplugging it, it seems fine.

When I try to press an icon or anything I want to choose, it selects something 4cm away from my finger and it starts selecting like crazy. When I hover my thumb 1mm above the screen it does the same thing. Now when I go to messages, I click on my desired choice of message and it starts scrolling and then selecting multiple messages.

I love my BB 9900, but this touch thing is really annoying when I charge my phone! Will include a video tomorrow to show you it`s characteristics.
    08-17-11 08:38 PM
    First thought.. maybe you charger is giving it more voltage than supposed or simply improper voltage/amp. If you have a playbook.. give it a shot with the playbook charger.
    08-17-11 08:44 PM
    First thought.. maybe you charger is giving it more voltage than supposed or simply improper voltage/amp. If you have a playbook.. give it a shot with the playbook charger.

Just switched USB cables, the OEM BB cable doesn't even charge WTF?

I just got this Bold recently and it's my second time charging this at home! Been using the travel charger in the car when I was out working..
    08-17-11 08:47 PM
    hmmm, thats sum odd bugs your noticing. you shud bring it bak, may be a hardware issue. atleast i hope it is because i'm really hoping to get this bb. where's kevin, blaze and the gang wen you need em to test if they're noticing anything like this.
    08-17-11 08:48 PM
    Mine does this after I accept an incoming call. Once I hang up I get crazy screens and the back funtion key will not work. I just wiped the device so will see how it goes.
    08-17-11 09:16 PM
    The screen being unresponsive while being plugged in is a common issue for a lot of phones. Not sure why it happens, though.
    08-17-11 09:21 PM
    My Palm Pre would do this when using one particular charger with it. Might be a defective OEM charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 10:00 PM
    Wow, a very serious problem for those users who have to use it when it is on a charger due the battery not lasting that long.
    08-17-11 10:08 PM
    Would be interesting if you looked on the boxes of your units or under the battery and told us what factory they were made at . . .

. . . I'd take a wild guess and say Mexico ?
    08-17-11 10:09 PM
    Two things I've noticed about my phone:
    1. When I use the holster, the magnet induced sleep mode seems to cause all kinds of problems, but as soon as it starts doing weird things, especially the back button faults, locking and unlocking the phone quickly with the top button fixes everything
    2. I used the DM switch device, and then a backup file, switching from a 9700. Finally resetting and manually adding email addresses and downloading apps fixed many bugs involving syncing and sending. I don't think the phone is compatible with older backup files, don't know why RIM can't figure that out.

08-17-11 10:13 PM
    Have you tried another OEM charger. I don't mean switching cable. The main power pack....

Curious what the battery temp is or was when it was not showing it charging.....
    08-17-11 10:14 PM
    Two things I've noticed about my phone:
    1. When I use the holster, the magnet induced sleep mode seems to cause all kinds of problems, but as soon as it starts doing weird things, especially the back button faults, locking and unlocking the phone quickly with the top button fixes everything
    2. I used the DM switch device, and then a backup file, switching from a 9700. Finally resetting and manually adding email addresses and downloading apps fixed many bugs involving syncing and sending. I don't think the phone is compatible with older backup files, don't know why RIM can't figure that out.

Good info. I will try the top button if it starts happening again. I used DM switch also but did not port over apps, only data.
    08-17-11 10:16 PM
    Kind of a creepy vid if you ask me, did someone cut out your voicebox or something?

Scary...
    08-17-11 10:31 PM
    seems like alot bugs with this phone then other berrys
    08-17-11 11:00 PM
    typically crazy screen happenings are from excess electricity. could be dirty power in your house or could be a faulty charger node. potentially this could have fried the cable.

i believe there is a video in the playbook section of a guy who brought it to the lab he works at which had similar screen reactions.
    08-17-11 11:38 PM
    I love my BB9900, switched from my iPhone to this was heaven to my thumbs! Now I only have a couple of things I want to share..

1. My OEM Charger doesn't even charge my phone no more.. I have to use a multi charger to charge it. When I plug in my charger when I first got it, it worked! But now it doesnt and says something about not recognizing the USB.

2. I seem to have a REALLY sensitive screen when I only charge it. When unplugging it, it seems fine.

When I try to press an icon or anything I want to choose, it selects something 4cm away from my finger and it starts selecting like crazy. When I hover my thumb 1mm above the screen it does the same thing. Now when I go to messages, I click on my desired choice of message and it starts scrolling and then selecting multiple messages.

I love my BB 9900, but this touch thing is really annoying when I charge my phone! Will include a video tomorrow to show you it`s characteristics.
    Regarding your first issue:
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CHARGER.
    When your battery is fully charged there is no lightening bolt or sign showing you that it is full. The sign that shows you your battery is full is the full battery (just like you see in the vid that you posted).

The reason why your 2 in 1 charger is showing that it is charging is because it is aftermarket and prob not very good quality.
    Chances are that 2 in 1 charger is prob killing your battery by constantly charging your battery even when its full.
    08-18-11 12:38 AM
    It is is plugged in and you pull it out, the screen will turn on try it.

As for the sensitive screen, It may just be that the phone is getting TOO much charge from the phone and it is creating feedback.
    08-18-11 09:18 AM
    The back button problem seems fixed with the .296 OS. I had the issue and fixed it with the lock button but then I updated. Works great now and I notice 0 issues. plus I get a good 20 hrs on a single charge.
    08-18-11 10:41 AM
    The back button problem seems fixed with the .296 OS. I had the issue and fixed it with the lock button but then I updated. Works great now and I notice 0 issues. plus I get a good 20 hrs on a single charge.
    Good news. Wonder how long VZ will take to approve the next OS update. I would think they are getting inundated with calls on the back space issue.

08-18-11 05:26 PM
    The oversensitivity thing when charging has been reported before. Your not the only one. It's probably a stupid thing they didnt check with the phone as it seems it switches to it's own different profile or something of that nature when charging.
    08-18-11 05:34 PM
    The oversensitivity thing when charging has been reported before. Your not the only one. It's probably a stupid thing they didnt check with the phone as it seems it switches to it's own different profile or something of that nature when charging.
    Mine is doing it after calls and unholstering. In anycase, the lock-unlock button workaround solves.

08-18-11 05:41 PM
    Does anyone, or can anyone call a phone number directly from the browser?, as in the old bold. Now I have to cut and paste phone numbers when calling numbers on a website. I used to use this feature 10-15 times daily. No it will not allow.
    Any suggestions? Ideas? Is this happening to you?
    08-18-11 06:29 PM
    Regarding your first issue:
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CHARGER.
    When your battery is fully charged there is no lightening bolt or sign showing you that it is full. The sign that shows you your battery is full is the full battery (just like you see in the vid that you posted).

The reason why your 2 in 1 charger is showing that it is charging is because it is aftermarket and prob not very good quality.
    Chances are that 2 in 1 charger is prob killing your battery by constantly charging your battery even when its full.
    When fully charged battery icon will look like this:
    08-18-11 09:46 PM
    full charge does not show charge icon, i think the charge icon was either slowed down or removed in some beta builds even from 9780 actually i have the same situation it did not show the icon but charged up fine. meterberry has a charge icon maybe check into that
    08-18-11 10:02 PM
    i've had the previously posted pic on both torch 9800 and bold 9900. no memory of experience with anything else.
    08-18-11 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD