BlackBerry Bold 9900 Album Artwork Problem
    Okay so when I transport songs from my itunes into my music file some of the songs with come with the album artwork but most of them wont even if the artwork is on itunes. I downloaded media monkey but the artwork wont be on my song even if it goes through media monkey. Can someone give me a tutorial on how to use media monkey or how to fix my problem with the album artwork on my BB 9900. Thanks for any help and your time
    10-15-11 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 Album Artwork Problem
    Okay so when I transport songs from my itunes into my music file some of the songs with come with the album artwork but most of them wont even if the artwork is on itunes. I downloaded media monkey but the artwork wont be on my song even if it goes through media monkey. Can someone give me a tutorial on how to use media monkey or how to fix my problem with the album artwork on my BB 9900. Thanks for any help and your time
    I have this same problem too when I transport songs onto my 9930. Some of the songs have artwork and the others don't. I don't know why this would happen as they all have artwork in my iTunes library and on my iPod. A solution to this would be great!
    10-15-11 08:53 AM
    I have an Issue too, but its not quite the same.

All of my album artwork on iTunes transfers over just fine... its just that if there are multiple artists who have an album of the same name, it displays the same album art for all the artists that have that album name.

Like for example, if I had an Beetles album called "Anthology" and a Neil Diamond album named "Anthology" and an AC/DC album named "Anthology", in iTunes all 3 albums display the correct album art.

however on my 9900, the Beetles "Anthology" album artwork becomes the artwork for all the other "Anthology" Albums.

I found out that the media sync for BB finds all the albums with the same name regardless of the Artist and identifies them as a compilation, and then uses one album art cover, and puts them all in a folder called "Compilations" in the music folder, on your memory card.

I had this problem on my 9700 with OS6, with the Bold 9900 OS7, as well as the PlayBook. Its not that big of a deal, its just a little software bug that RIM has to fix. but it can get a little annoying somtimes.
    10-16-11 01:54 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 10:47 PM
    I'm having a similar problem w/my Sprint Bold 9930. On my itunes it clearly shows album artwork in info...but some of my mp3's I transefer over (just using windows, not BB Desktop) I'm just dragging the mp3 into my BB music folder on my device. 90% of the album art is sucessfully transfered over. Could it possibly be a jpeg size issue? too small? too large?
    10-17-11 07:10 AM
    I have an Issue too, but its not quite the same.

All of my album artwork on iTunes transfers over just fine... its just that if there are multiple artists who have an album of the same name, it displays the same album art for all the artists that have that album name.

Like for example, if I had an Beetles album called "Anthology" and a Neil Diamond album named "Anthology" and an AC/DC album named "Anthology", in iTunes all 3 albums display the correct album art.

however on my 9900, the Beetles "Anthology" album artwork becomes the artwork for all the other "Anthology" Albums.

I found out that the media sync for BB finds all the albums with the same name regardless of the Artist and identifies them as a compilation, and then uses one album art cover, and puts them all in a folder called "Compilations" in the music folder, on your memory card.

I had this problem on my 9700 with OS6, with the Bold 9900 OS7, as well as the PlayBook. Its not that big of a deal, its just a little software bug that RIM has to fix. but it can get a little annoying somtimes.

Does anyone else have my problem too?
    11-02-11 07:29 PM
    Not sure if this will help but for albums with the same name the only way I found to get around this issue was to rename the album "Anthology" by The Beatles lets say, to "The Beatles Anthology". Adding the artist name in to separate it from the other albums with the same name. I found the same goes for a song that doesn't belong to an album. I have a bunch of songs (1000 or so) that are random singles that I don't have album information for because I don't own the entire album and I prefer to keep them album-less, or as having no album set in iTunes. As a result though all of, or most of these album-less songs, had the artwork of lets say 2Pac. In order for me to get each individual track to have its proper artwork I went through and gave each song (that did not belong to an album) it's own album. So for 2Pac it was "2Pac Misc" and for Heart it was "Heart Misc" and so on and so on. You could name the album's whatever you want but the key for me to get all the proper artwork was to separate the tracks by albums. Once I did this all the artwork I applied in iTunes was reflected on my blackberry.
    Last edited by black_hat; 11-03-11 at 12:54 AM.
    11-03-11 12:11 AM
    Yes, it's right, with a bold 9700,
    you cannot assign different artworks to mp3 files who own the same album name.
    If you want do this, just change slightly the album name of each file.

You can incorporate a picture inside every mp3 file, per ex with "Mp3tag" free software,
    and the artwork pictures will show off on your BB.

The std way is to put a picture jpg file named folder.jpg
    in each album directory, in this case, all files in the directory can share the same album name and all will show the same artcover.

Jerome
    01-04-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD