I don't think RIM will want to shake anything up. The new BB will probably come in at $199 under contract.
    06-29-11 08:54 AM
    IMHO it's going to boil down to what RIM is going to sell it to the carriers for....
    ...Which would absolutely have, to some degree, a trickle down effect on consumer pricing.

If it ends up costing the same as an iphone or Droid the only certainty will be...
    ...The continued migration of BB users to other platforms.
    ...My guess is that the unit will contract out at $149.00.

As it would frankly be stupid at this point, for RIM to perpetuate that it's still on a level playing field against it's competition.

What RIM needs to do ( and I mean fast ) is get some standard APPS moving...
    ...And make hay with the fact an iphone is about usless w/out itunes installed on every pc it connects with.
    06-30-11 02:12 PM
    Rim doesn't set pricing in the US. The carrier does, and this will most likely be 199 or 249

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    06-30-11 02:33 PM
    600 to 700 hundred dollars. how much was the torch and the other blackberries before. With a plan its about 199.99 plus taxes maybe close to 300 hundred bucks. I got my money ready !
    06-30-11 02:54 PM
    Rim doesn't set pricing in the US. The carrier does, and this will most likely be 199 or 249

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    Which is predicated on what the carrier gets them for from RIM....
    ...RIM is not a Non-profit Org.

What I got from the open letter is a concern every BB fan I'm sure has...
    ...And that's RIM's trending in a direction which is impossible to sustain.

Something in common with ALL manufactures is the collective move away from "COST BASED" pricing to 'value based pricing'...
    ...Whereas the "perceived value" to the consumer factors into the determination of what the units will sell for.
    ...At this moment RIM can't compete because they lack the perceived value to justify similar pricing to an iphone.

This is why it's SO important for RIM to get some meat & potato APPs
    for their handsets...
    ...It is outlandish that within a short time Droid was able to offer an APP that would allow.
    ...An individual to take a picture of their work check and deposit in via phone into their bank.

WHILE,

As far as I know there isn't a blackberry on the planet that will allow you to AVOID standing in line at the bank....
    ....This ability is something that makes a person's life better ( saves them time, gas money, etc ).
    ....The iphone has had this ability for a grip and Driod wated NO time in duplicating that ability.

Stuff like that plays a huge factor in a developing "value based" market-place......
    ...Blackberry is loosing their "Brand Image" and as anyone in sales knows - Brand is everything.
    ...Especially when it's ALL it has.

I've had a love affair with Blackberry since my first brick BB Nextel....
    ...And aside from a short tryst with an HTC Evo I'm still a die hard BB user.
    ...I for one ( like the guy who wrote the OPEN LETTER ) don't want to see RIM.
    ...Go from a T-Rex to crude oil.

I think that was the premise of the open letter.....
    ...But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by pythons; 06-30-11 at 05:23 PM.
    austriker likes this.
    06-30-11 02:58 PM
    Very well said python. We can only hope for some real guidance from the execs at RIM in developing more market friendly aspects like apps, etc.
    07-04-11 09:50 AM
    I definitely wanna get the 9900 but I dont want to pay a fortune. I go thru AT&T and my upgrade is available in December. Any idea if Ill get a fair price for upgrade come December after a few months of the phone being released?
    07-04-11 11:30 AM
    Bell BlackBerry lineup leaked: Torch 9810, Bold 9900, Torch 9860, Curve 9360 landing soon

Looks like we might be hearing some solid pricing information sooner rather than later. I've heard some mumblings about a $250-300 price on contract which I'm not stoked about, but I guess we'll know for sure soon enough. I really wanted to be the first in line for this one lol.
    07-07-11 03:28 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD