09-21-11 11:02 PM
263 ... 23456 ...
tools
    finally got to lay my hands on one of these (prototypes) at a focus group session today on blackberry (as well as the monaco, torch 9810 and new curve). The rest were disappointing, but im so bought by this baby!
    05-16-11 05:49 AM
    finally got to lay my hands on one of these (prototypes) at a focus group session today on blackberry (as well as the monaco, torch 9810 and new curve). The rest were disappointing, but im so bought by this baby!
    What was dissapointing with the other new blackberry phones?
    05-16-11 01:58 PM
    How what the touch screen on it? And was there an option to disable the touchscreen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 02:31 PM
    And was there an option to disable the touchscreen?
    This has been discussed to death, and there will never be an option to disable the touchscreen
    05-16-11 02:37 PM
    This has been discussed to death, and there will never be an option to disable the touchscreen
    Agreed!!Besides,wouldn't it be kinda pointless in getting the phone if you won't be using the touchscreen??
    05-16-11 02:45 PM
    Mine! Looks like a great replacement for my Bold 9000

Looking forward to some official release dates
    05-16-11 07:42 PM
    the option to turn off touch should be there and when is this available?
    05-17-11 06:51 AM
    Option to turn off touch screen: Go to the ON button wait for OS to load then "DO NOT" touch the screen. use the track pad. If that doesnt work please send me a message and I will search for a different option.

Just a little levity
    AbuYazeedUK and Coachbulldog like this.
    05-17-11 07:35 AM
    RIM need to aim to over achieve.they need to pack more under the hood to keep up with the new revolutions in the phone industry.
    there statement is love what you do. for FACKS sakes rim pull ur **** together.
    making good devices with low spec that is getting replaced by something better ever 6 months.
    05-17-11 08:05 PM
    I'm not a big fan of touch screens, but this looks to be the obvious replacement to my 9700 when upgrade time comes! I was giving consideration to some of the offerings in the DROID line-up, but I'm really hesitant about jumping to a new platform that I know little or nothing about.

The wife has a 9800 and I'm really not feeling it. I'm not a big fan of sliders of any sort and not particularly fond of the keyboard setup with the 9800. The protective case that she has installed makes it a bit tricky to type.

At least with BB's, I already have a pretty good knowledge base and transitioning to a new phone isn't painful!
    05-17-11 09:11 PM
    WOW ....some one send the doctor ... my heart cant take it.

i love this BB, the specs are lookin good. i like that there went back to they "normal" formfactor but yet still included a touchscreen.

and looks like they hav also gone closer to the size of the 9000. which i really love. i thought the 9700 was a lil on the small/compact size.

8gb internal memory....plus support for up to 32gb, atleast RIM is gettin their act together on the memory issues or the pass.

cant wait for this to be released........yeaaaaa baby.
    05-18-11 09:26 AM
    I just came from Europe to live in the States my 9780 is barely 3 months old and my wife is with AT&T (9800) I like the 9800 but want a phone with OS7....hanging in there with my Spanish phone getting killed with roaming fees whilst I wait to see what plays out. If AT&T doesnt give clear and concise information about which if any of these new phones it is going to have I need to rethink my options. Wanna play with a droid but AT&T droids lack the keyboard, want the 9900 like a true crackberry addict but all I see are announcements for T-mobile and for August!! This truly sucks I guess I will tough it out through June and then make my decision in July. If I knew the 9800 was OS7 compatible I would jump at it!
    05-18-11 10:00 AM
    SurePress and all, I like my Storm 2. It has been a solid phone and not once have I looked at someone's phone and wished I had their phone instead of my Storm. But after seeing the specs of the Bold-Touch and viewing the demo video, this is a phone I want instead of my Storm! My Verizon contract is up for renewal soon and, if the release date for this late summer, I will get it the day it is released!
    05-18-11 12:35 PM
    I'm not a big fan of touch screens either but this phone has so more than just the added touch screen. I'm very interested in seeing what it will be able to do when it's actually available for sale. I'm certainly going to have a good look at it and I think the touch screen will be a handy alternative to the touch pad if I get the urge to play with it.

I'm sure there is enough in this phone to keep most of us happy for awhile.
    05-18-11 12:53 PM
    Finaaalllyyy!!! i cant wait... i have been "dreaming" about this spec and features since holding the 9000 in my hands... DATE Please!!!!
    when?when?when? LOL
    05-20-11 11:01 PM
    I can't wait either 1,2 MHZ processor, no more clock thingy in the middle of my phone screen. can't wait to dump my tour..
    05-21-11 10:50 AM
    I can't wait either 1,2 MHZ processor, no more clock thingy in the middle of my phone screen. can't wait to dump my tour..
    I thought it was 1.2Ghz

05-21-11 10:52 AM
    is gonna have like the wifi hotspots or something?
    05-21-11 11:22 AM
    Will the Browser in OS 7 have Adobe Flash support?
    05-22-11 04:20 PM
    Will the Browser in OS 7 have Adobe Flash support?
    I don't believe it will... Flash is only currently supported for QNX on the PlayBook
    Richardt64 likes this.
    05-22-11 04:27 PM
    As I wrote in a previous post, I'm really looking forward to this phone. I'm not a tech person and, even though most folks are impressed with the specs of this phone, I'm not really sure what this phone will do better than previous BlackBerrys. Two questions:

Will the phone boot faster? It takes my Storm 2 a long time to boot up?

What will the differences be between the browser on my Storm and the Bold Touch?

05-22-11 06:50 PM
    As I wrote in a previous post, I'm really looking forward to this phone. I'm not a tech person and, even though most folks are impressed with the specs of this phone, I'm not really sure what this phone will do better than previous BlackBerrys. Two questions:

Will the phone boot faster? It takes my Storm 2 a long time to boot up?

What will the differences be between the browser on my Storm and the Bold Touch?

No way to answer the boot question unless someone has actually booted a 9900 and timed it; I know some people have seen them up close and a few even have some test units, but I don't know if they can speak publicly to that level of detail just yet. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be somewhat quicker than OS6 devices, which I think are somewhat quicker than the Storm 2. I don't think it's going to be blow-your-doors-off faster, mainly because it's still a BB OS at the core, and there's all that encryption stuff that it has to go through at boot time.

As for the browser, I found the OS6 browser on the Torch to be many times better and faster than OS5 on the Bold 9000, though I'm not sure how that compares with OS 5 on the Storm 2. But I think you're going to see at least that magnitude of improvement again going from OS6 to OS7, especially with the processor specs of the 9900. I'm expecting it to be pretty impressive.
    Coachbulldog and Jo5329 like this.
    05-22-11 07:06 PM
    nice phone am getting one
    05-23-11 10:13 PM
    Will the new Bold 9900/9930 and all other new OS7 devices be able to be used as wifi hotspots? That would be a huge plus if that feature was added.
    05-24-11 03:31 PM
    Will the new Bold 9900/9930 and all other new OS7 devices be able to be used as wifi hotspots? That would be a huge plus if that feature was added.
    If wifi hotspot is not going to be activated on Rogers, my short term flirting with BB is over. I love my 9780 and want to upgrade it to 9900 but I need to have an ability to Google or search on map etc on larger screen. I have IP4 and iPad and when I am on the road, I switch to the IP4/iPad combo.

I know that RIM at one time showed the wifi hotspot and I am almost 100% sure that the 9900 has this capability built in, only to be activated by each carrier.
    If it's missing, that's a deal breaker and back to IP4 exclusively.
    05-25-11 08:08 AM
263 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD