No. VZW a CDMA phone. ATT/TMobile are GSM phones.
    I was under the impression that the 9930 would work on ATT but would only get EDGE.
    08-27-11 08:11 PM
    I was under the impression that the 9930 would work on ATT but would only get EDGE.
    This. You are correct, sir.
    09-02-11 10:47 AM
    guys does anyone know where i can get the bold 9900 UNLOCKED in canada? new of course. OR possible from a phone company in canada and ill unlock it later... please reply thx
    09-02-11 04:12 PM
    guys does anyone know where i can get the bold 9900 UNLOCKED in canada? new of course. OR possible from a phone company in canada and ill unlock it later... please reply thx
    You can buy one off-contract from Bell or Rogers and then unlock it using one of the many unlocking web sites out there.

You'll be paying a hefty price though since it's off-contract.

Or cruise kijiji/craigslist for people selling BNIB ones in your area.
    09-02-11 06:40 PM
    a new unlocked 9900 is currently selling for anywhere between 575 (if lucky) or 650. The non contract price will vary between retailers and client fidelity they can offer, depending on your situation. I bought mine from Telus, been a client for 10 years, for $500 taxes in, which beats the $630 plus taxes they are currently selling for...
    Last edited by bbmikebb; 09-03-11 at 12:26 PM.
    09-03-11 12:22 PM
    does RIM have any plans to release a white Bold 9900?

Might get this in Dec and wondering if there'll be a white one by then.
    09-04-11 01:21 PM
    To be honest, all "new" devices are out of date from the very beginning. I wanted to buy 9900 but no AutoFocus was a dot over "i" against wasting money for OS 6.1 in fact. I've got 9780 with OS6 and I wouldn't change it with over-priced 9900 ((( The only hope that 2012 wil bring us e.g. BBs supporting video calls, including skype. People from RIM should start to wake-up. They offer now "business stuff" that does'n support conference video calls at all? Do they make laugh or what?

By the way, how it is possible that you folks in the US are taking 9900 for 3 years contracts? In three years this device will be much more "old" than 9000 is now. I'm from the UK, really disappointed with the way RIM is treating people like me who love BlackBerries and do even not take other mobiles into account. There is a lot of exciting about 9900 and so on. Strange for me, because the only real new thing it offers is NFC and nothing else. Where is additional camera in front? Where are video calls, including skype? Only then I am going to buy a new BB, not now - no more wasting money for nothing really new!
    09-04-11 06:06 PM
    To be honest, all "new" devices are out of date from the very beginning. I wanted to buy 9900 but no AutoFocus was a dot over "i" against wasting money for OS 6.1 in fact. I've got 9780 with OS6 and I wouldn't change it with over-priced 9900 ((( The only hope that 2012 wil bring us e.g. BBs supporting video calls, including skype. People from RIM should start to wake-up. They offer now "business stuff" that does'n support conference video calls at all? Do they make laugh or what?

By the way, how it is possible that you folks in the US are taking 9900 for 3 years contracts? In three years this device will be much more "old" than 9000 is now. I'm from the UK, really disappointed with the way RIM is treating people like me who love BlackBerries and do even not take other mobiles into account. There is a lot of exciting about 9900 and so on. Strange for me, because the only real new thing it offers is NFC and nothing else. Where is additional camera in front? Where are video calls, including skype? Only then I am going to buy a new BB, not now - no more wasting money for nothing really new!
    First, this UK entitlement thing is getting old really quick. Why would RIM cater to you first when they're a North American based company? And you're on O2? At least they've officially announced they're actually getting it, while people on AT&T in the US are waiting for such a thing. Many UK carriers have the 9900/30 so this applies the same to you as it does for the people here... if you want it and can't wait then switch carriers and eat the ETF or buy unlocked. Also US carriers don't have 3 year plans, you're thinking of Canada. Some people do it because they don't need the newest device, and most of the time the devices are subsidized heavily because they are locked in for 3 years.

Second, why come into a thread for a specific device only to say how much you are disappointed with it and aren't going to buy it? What's the point? You don't like it, don't buy it.

Third, front facing cameras are not for businesses or business people. How many big business people are gonna be sitting and having a video call on a cell phone screen? Not many. Tablets maybe, but phones, no way. And that won't change.

Sorry you got the brunt of my rant, but people from the UK complain all the time about how they are mistreated when it comes to cell phones, but in actuality you guys get a lot of phones before we do (Galaxy S/S II and so on). RIM and Apple, who are based in North America are going to give the people in their area the first crack. It's just how it goes. If you're trying to sell an old car of yours are you going to give it to your neighbor or someone on a different continent first?
    09-10-11 11:18 AM

Interesting - pooh-poohing a device you don't use or haven't tried... The 9930 doesn't disappoint for those who like BBs.
    09-10-11 12:13 PM
    @ mod

is it possible to update the stacs of 99xx?

Like that 256 of the 768MB RAM is reserved for the GPU?

Also that the 8GB internal memory is inkl. application memory etc. should be mentioned.

Would have saved me for example abut 15-30 minutes ^^
    09-11-11 01:15 PM

"3 Years contract" is how the carriers make you buy a new device from them in the next year.
    I think that the best way to buy a Blackberry (or any other device) is "OFF-Contract" and for the cheapest price that it's sold... With GSM and Blackberry unlocking it's easy but from the CDMA US carriers it a but problematic so you just wait for the contract to end or upgrade..
    09-17-11 06:46 AM
    Can anyone tell me if Blackberry Bold 9900 is really coming out in white??
    09-21-11 10:57 PM
    damn i thought you was giving us a date lol, can't wait for this....
    is there are white to this phone coming out? please i need to know
    09-21-11 11:02 PM
263 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD