Thank you very much for the explanation. You are quite right, the LS then is the default, so, with the physical KB, it is nice to type and use.

However, I still hope it will come with a virtual KB in the portrait ( the Torch has both KB in the portrait mode ).
    The reason for that, is that I use 2 languages, and if I have the 2 languages engraved on the physical KB, it will be very crawdad ( many buttons will have 3 characters on it ). I need the English only on the physical KB and the Arabic on the virtual KB. That is why I bought my Torch from UK , not from Egypt, in order to have only the English letters on the physical KB and the Arabic in a separate SW KB.
    I'm not sure, but I think you can eventually get a arabic keypad for the keyboard, but that involves taking the housing apart and voiding your warranty (unless you can make it seem as if you never opened it up if the time does come up) But this would work only if you already know the English keyboard by heart.
    08-08-11 12:15 AM
    I'm not sure, but I think you can eventually get a arabic keypad for the keyboard, but that involves taking the housing apart and voiding your warranty (unless you can make it seem as if you never opened it up if the time does come up) But this would work only if you already know the English keyboard by heart.
    I guess the I will have to live with the KB having both Arabic and English engraved.
    But still do not understand the reason then for the portrait mode without its KB? It will be almost useless, may be for some photos taken in that mode.
    Yet , we will still have to use an external app to lock the screen in many applications !!!!
    Can not figure really why ?
    08-08-11 04:38 AM
    Well, I could contain myself no longer. I've ordered and paid for a 9900 on Handtec's UK site. I should have it here before the 19th. We'll see.
    data77 likes this.
    08-08-11 06:59 PM
    Well, I could contain myself no longer. I've ordered and paid for a 9900 on Handtec's UK site. I should have it here before the 19th. We'll see.
    unlocked-mobiles.com for me; researched handtec and they appeared to be a little dodgy. let's see who gets it first
    08-09-11 03:11 AM
    Just called into Rogers Wireless to do the upgrade;
    I first reached the Wireless Sales department, and told them I wanted to upgrade. They said they didn't have the Bold 9900 in stock.

I asked to be transfered into Customer Relations because I have a plan that I worked out with them and wanted to review it.

I was on the phone the CR rep, and she said she has it in the system and available stock, but cannot pull up hardware upgrade pricing.
    She does see the FULL hardware pricing and says is $500.
    (My assumption is that it IS available, and in the system, but the pricing has not been provided; thus, cannot be sold/upgraded to yet.)

August 9th is definitely here. Has anyone been able to get the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from their carrier of choice yet? (Hopefully in Toronto, with Rogers and with enough stock so that I can also pick up 3? xD)
    08-09-11 07:59 AM
    i didnt went to all 16th pages, and wanted to know when the phone is out on T-mobile?? i heard on the 31st of this month, who can comfirm?
    08-09-11 05:55 PM
    i didnt went to all 16th pages, and wanted to know when the phone is out on T-mobile?? i heard on the 31st of this month, who can comfirm?
    No one can...31st is the rumour.
    08-11-11 01:28 PM
    The 9810 has UMA listed in the specs. Does anyone know if the 9900 has UMA capability?
    08-11-11 03:43 PM
    The 9810 has UMA listed in the specs. Does anyone know if the 9900 has UMA capability?
    UMA is a carrier specific feature, so 9900 devices from those carriers who support UMA should also have that capibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 11:00 PM
    When is it coming out for Rogers?

08-12-11 12:24 AM
    Wow, looks like the US is really late on the release..

This will be funny as I'll be attending the Engadget NYC Reader Meet-up and I'll be one of the few there with a retail BB Bold 9900. (I'm unlocking mine from Rogers and using it with ATT GoPhone)
    08-12-11 01:54 AM
    kevincrackberry.com
    Kevin pls do a video shootout of the same area with Iphone 4 and blackberry
    Pls do SOME OR ALOT of comparisons to iphone 4
    08-13-11 07:29 AM
    i just love this bb
    08-13-11 09:44 PM
    first post - long-time Crackberry 'user'
    anyway...
    unlocked-mobiles.com for me; researched handtec and they appeared to be a little dodgy. let's see who gets it first
    I too ordered from Handtec here in the UK, I have bought stuff from them in the past w/o any problems so fingers X'd!
    ...will update...

...late afternoon, august 14...
    received an email from Handtec advising me that my 'order has passed all security checks' and is ready to be 'processed according to your selected delivery options and subject to stock availability'.
    OK...
    Last edited by tard44; 08-15-11 at 01:54 AM.
    08-14-11 05:58 AM
    I'm really loving this Berry, but not sure if the "no auto focus" is going to work out! Been waiting over a year for a new berry on VZW, it's slightly disappointing that the camera is lacking sharpness...
    08-14-11 10:04 PM
    ...as a few people have already noted on the 'A run down on UK retailers release dates' post, both Handtec and Unlocked Mobiles have now changed their release dates to August 19th here in the UK... [insert bad language here]
    08-15-11 05:09 AM
    can you unlock the verzion bold to work on att ??
    any help would be great thx
    08-16-11 12:13 PM
    can you unlock the verzion bold to work on att ??
    any help would be great thx
    No. VZW a CDMA phone. ATT/TMobile are GSM phones.
    08-16-11 08:32 PM
    I've noticed that if I want to set a custom ring tone for a contact, it also forces a custom sound for "Messages" which then applies to both email and SMS. I have a different sound for email and SMS messages, this kinds kills that for contacts that have a custom ring tone.

Is this an OS7 thing? I don't recall this happening in OS6 or prior?
    08-17-11 01:22 PM
    can this phone have 2 separate numbers assigned to it? like a line 1 and a line 2?
    08-20-11 03:49 PM
    I can't wait for the official VZW OS update to turn the NFC functionality on.

08-21-11 12:33 AM
    I was at a corporate store yesterday and the sales rep had the display unit in the back. When I asked about it he got it so I could get a feel of the device. I love the size - so thin and the screen is a very nice size. He also confirmed sales in the store starting on August 31.
    08-21-11 08:08 AM
    is it true theres no auto focus on the camera???
    08-21-11 01:14 PM
    Does anyone have info on when this phone is launching with AT&T?? I'm not getting this T-mobile, Sprint and Verizon are launching it soon, yet no word from AT&T and their launch date ARGHHH!

any info is welcome

Thanks,
    08-22-11 01:02 AM
    I can't wait for the official VZW OS update to turn the NFC functionality on.

Curious, do you have anywhere that uses NFC? I have come across maybe 2 places that had the (((O))) icon.
    08-25-11 03:54 PM
263 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD