Im a moron, whats the difference between the 9900 and the 9930?
    08-02-11 01:18 PM
    look 2 posts upwards.
    08-02-11 02:41 PM
    look 2 posts upwards.
    Priceless...
    08-02-11 05:09 PM
    So has android app compatibility been cut completely for this phone? OS7 has the JiT JS compiler so it would theoretically be able to run android apps.

Would they implement it in a software update?
    08-02-11 05:17 PM
    Homagad Homagad Homagad!!! I believe I have completely run out of J*zz and my pants are now completely soaked haha!
    08-02-11 07:40 PM
    ^ this.

ugh.
    08-02-11 08:40 PM
    bold 9900 support adobe flash?
    08-03-11 03:14 AM
    I was looking foward to this, a lot. But since they can't confirm or deny wifi hotspot is actually there (either another member or I play with it IRL) this one as been been downgraded.

No reason to switch from my perfectly working 9000 to a 9900 if I'm stuck on "slow" bluetooth tethering to my PlayBook.

Hope they didn't **** this up I really wanted this.
    08-03-11 05:28 PM
    can someone explain to me what the Internal memory 8GB storage + 768MB RAM will be used for??< can i use the 8GB for apps and other things or just the 768MB ram??

also might be a stupid question but i'm unsure as to why some blackberries have more file free memory, example i have curve 9300 running OS5 and without have any apps on it i have 13xxxxxx and my sister has same phone with a few apps and she has a lot more she is also running OS 6.0, alos can anyone confirm if OS7 has the Application Management, thanks
    08-03-11 07:59 PM
    Can anyone who actually hold the device in his hand confirm that it does have a virtual multilingual keyboard in the landscape direction ?

Thanks
    08-04-11 04:12 AM
    Can anyone who actually hold the device in his hand confirm that it does have a virtual multilingual keyboard in the landscape direction ?

Thanks
    I don't have a 9900 yet, but I'm pretty sure there's no virtual keyboard... at least I hope there isn't!

That would be an utterly pointless feature on a device with an already default landscape screen layout.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 06:27 AM
    I don't have a 9900 yet, but I'm pretty sure there's no virtual keyboard... at least I hope there isn't!

That would be an utterly pointless feature on a device with an already default landscape screen layout.

I do not understand what you mean by " a device with an already default landscape screen layout."
    All the photos shown are in the portrait mode, so I assume it is like the Torch.
    If it has a landscape mode, how can it does not have a virtual KB in that mode ?
    Would the LS mode be only for multimedia ? No email/sms/BBM can be replied in that mode ?
    I very much hope it does have one. sorry.
    08-04-11 06:34 AM
    I do not understand what you mean by " a device with an already default landscape screen layout."
    It's quite simple... the 9900 screen is wider than it is tall, so it's already landscape by default.

If you turn the 'phone' round to landscape, then the screen is in effect in portrait mode ie. taller than it is wide.

A virtual keyboard on a screen that narrow with the 'phone' in landscape mode, would IMO be pointless.

08-04-11 06:43 AM
    It's quite simple... the 9900 screen is wider than it is tall, so it's already landscape by default.

If you turn the 'phone' round to landscape, then the screen is in effect in portrait mode ie. taller than it is wide.

A virtual keyboard on a screen that narrow with the 'phone' in landscape mode, would IMO be pointless.

Thank you very much for the explanation. You are quite right, the LS then is the default, so, with the physical KB, it is nice to type and use.

However, I still hope it will come with a virtual KB in the portrait ( the Torch has both KB in the portrait mode ).
    The reason for that, is that I use 2 languages, and if I have the 2 languages engraved on the physical KB, it will be very crawdad ( many buttons will have 3 characters on it ). I need the English only on the physical KB and the Arabic on the virtual KB. That is why I bought my Torch from UK , not from Egypt, in order to have only the English letters on the physical KB and the Arabic in a separate SW KB.
    Last edited by m.seif; 08-04-11 at 07:34 AM.
    08-04-11 06:53 AM
    I'm new to the site have been following for years.

I am very interested in trying to get an early release of a vzw or att 4G BB locked or unlocked. It seems like no dates have been given, although the 9810 is on the att website now. Does anyone have info on release dates for att/vzw?
    thanks, bbnyc
    08-05-11 05:32 AM
    Looks good, first time ever i've been excited for an phone
    Last edited by BB9900Lover; 08-06-11 at 06:36 PM.
    08-06-11 05:35 PM
    I'll definitely be upgrading from my BB9000 to the BB9900. It'll be a matter of when it finally gets to australia.

08-07-11 06:30 AM
    It's an exclusive to Optus for the first 3 months.
    08-07-11 06:36 AM
    Bugger......I'm on telstra. Any news when optus is selling them?

08-07-11 06:39 AM
    Pre order mid August. In customers hands 1st September.
    08-07-11 06:41 AM
    Well hopefully telstra get their act together and 'tweak' theirs ready for release early december so I can have one before christmas. Will you be getting one, kevin?

08-07-11 06:44 AM
    Probably an import, depends on their outright prices and if I can buy unlocked. Optus probably will want a 2 year contract for this beastie.
    08-07-11 06:47 AM
    Probably an import, depends on their outright prices and if I can buy unlocked. Optus probably will want a 2 year contract for this beastie.
    I'm on telstra's staff plan even though I don't work for them. As such I'm hoping the retail price for the 9900 isn't more than $720 which means with my plan discounts, the handset will only cost me $240 over the 2 year contract.

08-07-11 06:51 AM
    That's a nice discount! Hope that Telstra doesn't decide to just stock the 9810 then!
    08-07-11 06:56 AM
    That's a nice discount! Hope that Telstra doesn't decide to just stock the 9810 then!
    It is a nice discount. Well I reckon they'll stock both. They have the 9000, 9780 and 9800 in stock. Then again, who knows.

Last edited by Juliank; 08-07-11 at 09:19 AM.
    08-07-11 07:01 AM
263 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD