the 2nd gen snapdragon processer inditcates that it will eventually get QNX. 2nd gen is known to kick some tegra 2 dual core **** even tho its single core.
    06-11-11 12:24 AM
    1230 mAh battery? Is that right?? With a touch screen? Oh, dear the battery life will be ordinary....
    06-11-11 02:33 AM
    1230 mAh battery? Is that right?? With a touch screen? Oh, dear the battery life will be ordinary....
    It is said to have pretty much the same battery life as the 9700, so pretty awesome. They have made improvements on energy managment. RIM takes pride in the battery life on their phones and wouldn't want to change that now. It does seem strange when you look at it, but I'm not too worried. I'm sure it will be just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 10:29 AM
    ^^^^^Hopefully a 1500-1700 mAh batt will be offered at some point that will fit with the original batt door!
    06-11-11 11:39 AM
    ^^^^^Hopefully a 1500-1700 mAh batt will be offered at some point that will fit with the original batt door!
    Why? It isn't needed
    06-11-11 12:03 PM
    Why? It isn't needed
    There is never enough batt life....no matter how good it is lol!! How can you be so certain how well it will be or have you test drove one??
    Last edited by jebulls; 06-11-11 at 12:27 PM.
    06-11-11 12:22 PM
    How can you be so certain how well it will be or have you test drove one??
    Not me, but CX has... Twitter
    06-11-11 12:43 PM
    Is this phone 4G? I didn't think so but this article says it is: Amid Furious Competition, RIM Gives Blackberry 4G, NFC - International Business Times
    06-14-11 06:30 PM
    I'm just here to admire the pictures again.
    06-16-11 10:58 AM
    Hello I'm from Belgium and this summer i'm going to NY and i'm going to buy a bb there, hopefully the new bold 9900 is already out then but, my question is, if i buy a bb in America, can i use it in Europe then?
    06-18-11 02:19 PM
    Just release it already. I hope Sprint get it first. I've had my 9630 for 2 years and it's time for a change. Plus it will be perfect for me because I have big hands. Classic form factor.
    06-18-11 04:21 PM
    This is and WILL be my next phone when it arrives in the UK, I loved my Bold 9000 but always wanted the higher, faster specs and touch screen, its good to see RIM are getting some love again as well, I guess it pays to listen to the common folk
    06-21-11 11:36 AM
    The Bold Touch will certainly deliver many of the currently lacking abilities for RIM devices.....
    ...Unfortunately, the end users will not have it in their hands prior to November 2011.
    ....The initial reports of a "summer 2011" release were a shibboleth.
    ....However that was to be expected.

Aside from the significant delay in the release - this unit should help apply a stop loss.....
    ...To RIM's current hemorrage of customer migrations to other devices as well as stock prices.

RIM is an exceptionally solid company and I'm sure if they opt to remain in the "smart phone" business.....
    ...They will start producing phones that can compete.
    ...I believe the BB Bold is the first of many to come.
    06-23-11 03:30 PM
    so pumped for this!! been on the torch since this spring. started on the bold 9000 so it will not take long for me to go back to the bold again. i miss it!
    06-24-11 05:12 PM
    I saw it asked a few times but no real answer or definitive answer so I'll ask again.

Does it have wifi hotspot capability? and if so will it only be enable by carriers that will cause an extra charge?

Thanks
    06-26-11 05:48 PM
    I saw it asked a few times but no real answer or definitive answer so I'll ask again.

Does it have wifi hotspot capability? and if so will it only be enable by carriers that will cause an extra charge?

Thanks
    I`ve seen many people on here saying No that it doesn`t.
    06-26-11 06:00 PM
    Maybe so but not in this thread and the specs here says it does.

BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 - Full phone specifications
    06-26-11 06:10 PM
    since RIM is sinking and holding back on the release take out that notification led and move it to the trackpad light instead upgrade the camera to 8mp, the torch and 9780 already came with 5mp, and in the notification led space put in a front camera most people dont agree with the front camera but the playbook have one am not tellin you to copy apple but jus step up the game with each year one feature is put off for the next generation phone people mind change its a nice phone and all but its still outdated to the competition
    06-27-11 10:59 AM
    I'd much rather see them add wifi hotspot to it.
    06-27-11 11:05 AM
    it does have it have
    06-27-11 12:52 PM
    Hummm everyone is saying no. Do you know for sure?
    06-27-11 05:23 PM
    Hummm everyone is saying no. Do you know for sure?
    The thing is causing the confusion. For sure the HOTSPOT feature is not there now. Hopefully it is software related, and not hardware related.

And no - I did not check personally. But I have no reasons not to believe the poster quoted below is actually trying the Bold 9930 now:
    I think RIM is the reason for the hold out. For weeks my Verizon Rep has been trying to get the 9930 in my hands. I just got it yesterday. It is nice and solid, but so was the playbook. I think RIM lerned from that and understand the need for quality apps to hit the ground running. I think that is the hold up. Plus where the **** is HOTSPOT
    06-30-11 09:56 AM
    Sorry my bad, I knew the 900 cam was 2MP. I still with they could have done better especially with others doing 8MP+ cameras and better resolutions than that
    You can always buy a digital camera.
    07-01-11 12:55 PM
    Don't expect to be able to get your hands on the new devices until mid-august!
    07-01-11 05:14 PM
    My disappointments with this phone are that it isn't 4G so I'd have to give up my awesomely convenient Verizon 4G feature of being able to stream data while on a voice call at the same time (not possible on cdma 3G).

The 5 mp camera could be stronger but even worse than that is that there was no mention of whether there were crucial cam features included like auto focus, digital zoom, or what kind of light the flash uses.

My main questions regarding the phone are in reference to Blackberry applications:

Do Blackberry applications in general still pale in comparison to Android and Apple applications in quality and usefulness? For example. Back when I had the first Verizon Curve (8330?), the Facebook application was TERRIBLE. Is this still the case when you compare the FB app to its Apple and Android counterparts?

Is there or will there be a Kindle application for the Blackberry? I need Kindle on my phone. It's a must for me.

How is the GPS navigation going to be on this? Can it match up with Androids Google's GPS navigation?

I really love the keyboard, the improved screen with multi-touch, the NFC capability and the apparent "speed" relative to previous Blackberry OS's. However if I'm going to give up the convenience of 4G, I can't also give up numerous quality apps and a great camera with all the usual features.

That's too much subtraction for me without enough addition.
    Last edited by NOYBS; 07-01-11 at 06:15 PM.
    07-01-11 06:13 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD