This is what I was looking for. Looks like VZW will get this given that its a CDMA...(its their turn for a new phone and will go nicely with their Playbook rollout)...

I so much need to ditch my Storm 2. I was hearing about Storm 3 but......
    Jo5329 likes this.
    05-25-11 10:21 PM
    I'm working with a VzW Tour right now and desperately want to grab this phone when it becomes available but my upgrade special pricing isn't until Nov 2012

I'm hoping Rim keeps their 'trade-up' program in place and that the 9930 will be included in that offer.
    05-25-11 10:58 PM
    I signed up for updates about the Bold touch 9900 on the official blackberry website awhile back, but i still have not received any updates. Is this normal? Does it usually take long to send updates?
    05-25-11 11:59 PM
    This is what I was looking for. Looks like VZW will get this given that its a CDMA...(its their turn for a new phone and will go nicely with their Playbook rollout)...
    There are 2 different models... the 9900 is GSM and the 9930 is CDMA.

I signed up for updates about the Bold touch 9900 on the official blackberry website awhile back, but i still have not received any updates. Is this normal? Does it usually take long to send updates?
    Unfortunately, yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 09:37 AM
    Yea, they usually send you an email letting you know it's been released, a few weeks after it's actually been released.
    05-26-11 09:37 AM
    Looks amazing, but as someone mentioned - don't understand why there is no front camera.
    05-26-11 04:26 PM
    does it have wifi hotspot capability??
    05-28-11 12:08 AM
    Looks amazing, but as someone mentioned - don't understand why there is no front camera.
    Like what Kevin mentioned.. This is a OS7 phone, it has POTENTIAL to later become a QNX HYBRID, but a HYBRID. There is no need for a front facing camera unless it is QNX. They are probably saving from putting a second front facing camera on this until QNX phones are released in like a year and a half/2 years.

Either way, why is a front facing camera such a big deal? people are flipping sh*t about how it doesn't have a front facing camera like seriously? I'm a hardcore BlackBerry user and everyone around me has BlackBerries.. We would rarely ever even use a front facing camera on OS7 so why does it matter..?
    Jo5329 and [email protected] like this.
    05-28-11 01:41 PM
    They are probably saving from putting a second front facing camera on this until QNX phones are released in like a year and a half/2 years.

Either way, why is a front facing camera such a big deal? people are flipping sh*t about how it doesn't have a front facing camera like seriously? I'm a hardcore BlackBerry user and everyone around me has BlackBerries.. We would rarely ever even use a front facing camera on OS7 so why does it matter..?
    Hmm.. lets see.. maybe because the playbook has a front facing camera. So a smart company would think "gee maybe i should integrate this feature across my products so more people will get use for it."

as of right now people with playbooks can video chat to....... people with playbooks. Considering the playbook was out before the 9900 and before the next gen phones...you would think a company would be smart enough to include a front facing camera into said phones to be able to integrate better and use the video chat app on the playbook.

Long story short, you hardly use %50 of the features in your television, car, phone, etc.. does that mean all companies should start scaling back features for the rest of us who use the other 50%? Dont think so.

I love Blackberry and RIM and this is a sweet phone regardless of the no front camera...am i thrilled it doesnt have a camera? no, because Id rather be able to talk to family and friends long distance via a camera like the millions of other people who use skype and other video conferencing tools.

Stop making excuses for RIM. Everyone here likes the company besides the trolls.

To include a front Camera and video chat on playbook and not on your phones, is well.. not smart.
    mssca likes this.
    05-30-11 10:15 PM
    noooooo, the took away the leather battery cover~~~

9000 - full leather
    9700 - partial leathered
    9900 - gone
    05-31-11 02:22 AM
    noooooo, the took away the leather battery cover~~~

9000 - full leather
    9700 - partial leathered
    9900 - gone
    9000 - full faux leather
    9780 - partial faux leather
    9900 - partial faux carbon fiber

05-31-11 03:16 PM
    Iphone 4 user here...(happy as heck, too..) However, I remember how sweet using the Curve with actual keys was! So when Dad asked for my phone suggestion for him, I pointed the Bold out and now he's onboard with it.
    Hope it comes out soon..looks nice in the vids.
    06-01-11 10:18 AM
    Hummm, I can turn my tour sideways and take a picture no accelerometer needed.

Seriously who is going to turn the bold sideways to browse or do anything?
    Think about games
    06-01-11 10:59 AM
    So nobody has any info as to when this device would be released?
    I can't wait to get my hands on this one..! Too bad RIM won't pack 1 GB RAM in it

06-02-11 01:00 AM
    I'm just hoping the keyboard size is more 9000 and less 9700.
    06-06-11 02:43 PM
    Being as this phone has a faster CPU and faster video capture I wonder if it would be important to make sure the TransFlash card we buy will be the 10 transfer speed rated variety.

I've got a Tour right now with an 8 gig 4-rated TransFlash card in it. I've got lots of pics on the card and have noticed that it takes some time before the little place holder icons change to reveal thumbs of the actual pictures' contents.
    I wonder if the fact that my card is a '4' instead of a '10' could be what results in this delay.

06-06-11 08:54 PM
    ^ I don't know But I quite prefer just qwerty keypad phones as I'm really not a fan of touchscreens (they annoy me, press random things in my pocket, call people at random times and crash too much). Well, that's my experience with the LG Cookie KP500, Orange Rio, Samsung Eternity and LG Viewty. But at least Blackberry are trying something new, I guess
    06-07-11 08:32 AM
    I see there are a couple of these on eBay listed for around $1,000. :P
    06-07-11 09:50 AM
    Now, Steve Ballmer's appearance in the center stage of the Conference back in May (was it?) might mean something :-). M$'s strategy is always "buy one when unable to catch up another".
    RIM is slowly appearing into a bullseye target of takeover bid. Watch out the RIMM stock. I converted from IP4 and was so much looking forward to the 9900, but now not so sure.
    It became obvious that my IP4 will be far more useful when the iOS5 is planted in, let alone the IP5, which I am sure will come out with the iOS5.
    RIM was too late. But I will still see if anything might come out of RIM soon. iOS5/IP4 is going to come out in September. When Apple mention the timing, they always deliver without fail.
    RIM, please shut up and deliver. I am still with you as of today.
    06-07-11 03:51 PM
    I guess it will not have the virtual KB like the Torch, because of smaller screen, right ?
    06-08-11 05:32 AM
    I guess it will not have the virtual KB like the Torch, because of smaller screen, right ?
    Highly, highly doubt it...
    06-09-11 01:41 AM
    bold+ touch screen+qwerty keypad=bold 9900
    cool phone~
    but it has no FFC~
    06-09-11 02:40 AM
    no FFC but a FFC-like hole on the bold 9900, sound interesting~
    check this post on the XDA
    An interesting "FFC" Hole on the digitizer: Can BB 9900 Be Molded To Install the FFC? - xda-developers
    06-09-11 02:49 AM
    ^ I don't know But I quite prefer just qwerty keypad phones as I'm really not a fan of touchscreens (they annoy me, press random things in my pocket, call people at random times and crash too much). Well, that's my experience with the LG Cookie KP500, Orange Rio, Samsung Eternity and LG Viewty. But at least Blackberry are trying something new, I guess
    This could happen on 9700 too... that's why I use the keypad lock OR now I use the actual holster.
    06-09-11 09:39 PM
    The shape reminds me of the newer Curves mixed with original Bold. Do not like.
    06-10-11 03:42 PM
263 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD