March 1st I will have a choice to either remain with BB or move to a iphone 4S. This bold looks very interesting and from what I read its not so sluggish as the Curve 3G is. No question iPhone 4S blasts the Curve 3G. But I wonder if this Bold is its match. Only downside is that I will not be able t sync my iTunes movies, Podcasts and music, but oh well. Is this Bold available for Sprint? Would it be only $100 after $150 rebate for an upgrade? What are your experiences with this bold? No question I LOVE BB. The Curve is slow when web browsing, loading maps, and stuff when compared to an iPhone. However I am not sure I really like a virtual only keyboard on the iPhone.
    02-02-12 11:51 AM
    Its difficult to ask this type of question in the Bold 9900 forum. This forum will be heavily biased as would posting the same question in the apple forum LOL.
    I will say Going from the Curve to the Bold 9900 will make your head spin (in a good way) The Bold 9900 is in every way the best BlackBerry on the market and thats NOT just my "opinion"

I would suggest the 9900 and if funds are there add a PlayBook to the mix.
    02-02-12 12:02 PM
    I think you answered your own questions. The iphone is a good phone, but if you love BB, then you will love the 9900.
    02-02-12 12:18 PM
    iPhone. You wont have to worry about the phone bricking, a bad battery, and a bad camera
    02-02-12 12:21 PM
    iPhone. You wont have to worry about the phone bricking, a bad battery, and a bad camera
    I think these issues are over played. I don't have any of those issues with the two 9900's in my household. Ever phone has it's issues and they are all way over blown on the forums.
    bluetroll, mileaway and Ammunet91 like this.
    02-02-12 12:28 PM
    i was used my son's Iphone 4S 5.0 upgrade for 2 weeks, and I just could not get to grips with it. Great for Safari, multimedia and apps, Poor on Practical speed uses such as SMS, call making, messaging and poor battery life.

My son carries his 9300 for SMS and BBM, plus universal micro usb charging port and the option of an extra battery makes the 9900 king of smart phones.
    02-02-12 12:32 PM
    To OP, many many people, I mean close I think hundreds of users here asked this type of question here. At the end of the day it is your PERSONAL choice and we cannot make it for you.

I love Blackberry because of the physical keyboard and others love iPhone because of the apps, etc.

If you can wait, I would may be wait for the BBX, but then again at the rate of modern technology changing so fast, waiting is also a bad idea.

Pick whatever make you feel better and if the carrier allow you trial periods, take advantage out of it.
    02-02-12 01:12 PM
    I own both. Both are great phones wont go wrong either way. If i had to choose one it would be my iphone cause of my itunes, apps versatility and resale value. I do love my 9930 I like being a little different than the norm. Just a heads up I love Sprint but both my phones act up occasionally on their network.
    02-02-12 01:16 PM
    Get a curve and wait for the iPhone 5.

If you are getting contact upgrade and so on get the iPhone 4S!
    mugen27 likes this.
    02-02-12 01:40 PM
    isn't it you can use desktop manager to syn music to your 9900 with itune?
    i thought i was doing it but not sure if i am doing it correctly
    02-02-12 02:00 PM
    I own both. Both are great phones wont go wrong either way. If i had to choose one it would be my iphone cause of my itunes, apps versatility and resale value. I do love my 9930 I like being a little different than the norm. Just a heads up I love Sprint but both my phones act up occasionally on their network.
    I am leaning towards the iPhone, but may change my mind once I get to play with the Bold.
    02-02-12 02:25 PM
    I have a Bold & a 4, and I'm starting to enjoy browsing on the BB more bc of the wraparound text when I zoom. None of that scrolling left to right. For some reason that just irritates me to have to do that when i'm reading an article.
    02-02-12 03:16 PM
    Very hard question go with 9900/9930...
    02-02-12 03:18 PM
    I have a Bold & a 4, and I'm starting to enjoy browsing on the BB more bc of the wraparound text when I zoom. None of that scrolling left to right. For some reason that just irritates me to have to do that when i'm reading an article.
    If you tap the "reader" icon while in safari that will get rid of your issue.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    soogriff likes this.
    02-02-12 03:19 PM
    If your itunes tracks are more recent, they won't have apple's drm protection and can sync with the bb just fine.
    02-02-12 03:19 PM
    I was coming off the Bold 9650 and bought the 4S based on hype. I didn't like it, returned it and got the 9930, which I love. The 4S is a good phone but don't expect the 2nd coming of Jesus and don't expect to type. And you will have to spend a lot on accessories and charging verusus BB cradle is a chore.
    02-02-12 05:48 PM
    Do what I did and use both...double fist FTW. But seriously, you'll pay about the same for each, unless you call Sprint directly. You can get an additional $75 off of any phone with the exception of the iPhones. The iPhone 4s is second to none in terms of content consumption e.g. watching movies, cool apps, photos, etc. but the 9900/30 is still king when it comes to emails, phone calls and ease of accessing those features. I'm constantly annoyed when I need to try and make a phone call not to mention some basic functionality missing from iOS.
    Last edited by afallnstar; 02-02-12 at 06:05 PM.
    02-02-12 06:03 PM
    A,B or sometimes C lol

well I guess I will throw my 2cents in the hat here

I have used both phones extensively, I tried to run the iPhone 4S as a
    daily driver and its pretty good, but there is no comfortable way to hold it
    and well I like propping my 9900 in my vehicle to see who's emailing me as
    I go along while its charging on the road I could not do that with the iPhone
    pretty lame excuse I know .. but it bothers me. the usual suspects camera,
    browser, signal etc ya ya ya ...

let put it this way are you comfortable using it day to day, which seems to
    fit how you do things in your life. I came to terms with one thing I felt the
    Bold 9900 was a better overall communication device, despite the lack of
    multimedia apps.

its a reliable device, and the best qwerty in the business. You really need to
    know thy self, and decide on your reasons for owning a phone. What is most
    important in your personal life. If its communication .. then you have the answer.
    02-02-12 06:15 PM
    I would go for the Bold 9930 just for the physical keyboard.
    02-02-12 06:56 PM
    Get the Bold. It is plenty fast.
    02-02-12 06:59 PM
    In my honest opinion:

Go for the iphone if:

you want lots of apps
    you love gaming

Go for the 9900 if:

you want keyboard
    easiest to use email functions

Cheers
    02-02-12 08:15 PM
    I've recently bought a BB 9900 and I have to say it depends on what you'll be using the phone for....

If you need:
    Security, excellent keyboard, business/professional looking phone = BB 9900

But if you're looking for a phone for:
    Fun, lots of apps, "cool looking", etc = Iphone 4s
    02-02-12 08:32 PM
    If your itunes tracks are more recent, they won't have apple's drm protection and can sync with the bb just fine.
    I know that. However I have many albums that are older.
    02-02-12 09:01 PM
    I've recently bought a BB 9900 and I have to say it depends on what you'll be using the phone for....

If you need:
    Security, excellent keyboard, business/professional looking phone = BB 9900

But if you're looking for a phone for:
    Fun, lots of apps, "cool looking", etc = Iphone 4s
    Yeah it will be a tough decision. I do like multimedia and apps. However I also value a phone. If iPhone is weaker in this area, then it may be harder to choose it. I like how the BB is very small. The iPhone with a otterbox will make it much more bulky over BB.
    02-02-12 09:07 PM
    I have the 9900 and the iphone4. I hardly ever use the iphone anymore. The Bold is just better
    02-02-12 10:35 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD