9900 was released by all carriers here in the UK over the last week. Got mine yesterday and was a little surprised at the lack of app world content.

... and I'm issing appointments too, so used to seeing them in front of me, just need to take on a new way of working till a today theme appears
    but the minute you receive a call/message it disappears again .

Has anyone tried to send a blank SMS ? it won't allow you for some reason ..silly if you ask me
    08-21-11 09:15 AM
    OK, I absolutely must call BS!

The 99XX is not even available for everyone yet and yet the OP wants to know why themes are not available???

How would a developer run said themes through real world paces WITHOUT A PHONE to do it with?

Yeeeesssshhhhh!

Mods, please close this thread and let it sink to the bottom.
    what? how can you call BS on a question? especially a valid one lol.

true the 99xx isnt available for everyone yet, however the OS7 SDK (beta) has been out for a few months now, also additionally the 9900 (and other OS7 devices) simulators have been available online for a little while.

and in answer to your last question, `how would a dev run themes through real world paces` well there are the simulators, also you`ll note many devs ask community members to test themes for them. alot of theme devs dont have all of the phones (for the obvious reasons) but by using the community as testers this circuvents such an issue.

so no its not a BS question, just sadly one that nobody can answer right now as there has been no indication from RIM on a release schedule for TB7

also, just to add, its not appworlds fault that themes are showing up, its at the discretion of the dev to set the correct compatability for their software.
    Last edited by BBThemes; 08-21-11 at 09:37 AM.
    08-21-11 09:34 AM
    Why yes, yes i did

Hats off to you sir for taking it in good humour.
    I was hoping you would ask me "What do they say?"

So I could say "Low-Brow" "knuckle-Dragger" "Pig"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 10:01 AM
    I was hoping you would ask me "What do they say?"

So I could say "Low-Brow" "knuckle-Dragger" "Pig"

what does this have to do with OS 7 themes? oh yea nothing
    08-21-11 10:13 AM
    what does this have to do with OS 7 themes? oh yea nothing
    Oh relax will you

Just a bit of banter lol.
    08-21-11 10:20 AM
    Oh relax will you

Just a bit of banter lol.
    you want to banter then take it to PM
    08-21-11 10:23 AM
    We still waiting Theme for OS 7 too
    08-21-11 11:24 AM
    Hey..Olblueyez..what are you doing in this thread if you're not a 99xx owner ?

Everyone else ..thanks for your input
    you dont need to own one to discuss the topic my man...
    08-21-11 01:01 PM
    you dont need to own one to discuss the topic my man...
    you're right ...if you have lot of free time
    08-21-11 01:42 PM
    I will be an owner as soon as att gets off the pot. For now I am forced to sit and use my 9000 and watch my wife play with the 9810 we got for her today.

It's killin me.

08-21-11 02:31 PM
    I really hate having to look at the crap that Verizon put on for a theme and would much rather have something I want.
    08-21-11 09:18 PM
    I will be an owner as soon as att gets off the pot. For now I am forced to sit and use my 9000 and watch my wife play with the 9810 we got for her today.

It's killin me.

You could purchase elsewhere except you want to hold out and get it cheaper on contract.. that's a lil different then being forced. You're choosing not to get a new device and blaming AT&T for it.. not that that will change anything, lol.
    08-21-11 09:34 PM
    Your quick Blalze.

08-22-11 05:18 AM
    For those concerned about a today screen and themes. Here is the closest you will get until the Theme Builder is released and quite honestly, for most this will solve ALL of your problems!

I found that Fancy Widgets WORKS for OS7 with the latest beta! You can add sticky notes, changing wallpapers, your today screen, berryweather, stocks, memory statistics and MUCH MORE to your homescreen!!!

Link is on their facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fancy...26785230669828

Heres a screenshot of my set-up. I have it set for 1 week and to show 5 appointments. (You can have it show more, or less as well as change the position of the widget on the screen and edit the size)!!

Big_Ern, kpr55 and shadysprings like this.
    08-23-11 11:32 PM
    For those concerned about a today screen and themes. Here is the closest you will get until the Theme Builder is released and quite honestly, for most this will solve ALL of your problems!

I found that Fancy Widgets WORKS for OS7 with the latest beta! You can add sticky notes, changing wallpapers, your today screen, berryweather, stocks, memory statistics and MUCH MORE to your homescreen!!!

Heres a screenshot of my set-up. I have it set for 1 week and to show 5 appointments. (You can have it show more, or less as well as change the position of the widget on the screen and edit the size)!!

Cool, but when you click the link, there are only os5 and 6 listed?

fancywidgets OTA Download
    08-24-11 12:14 AM
    Cool, but when you click the link, there are only os5 and 6 listed?

fancywidgets OTA Download
    Where did you get that link? I downloaded the beta directly on my device, OTA and as you can see, it works perfectly on my 9930!

its the 1.2.11 beta that the developer just posted on the facebook page. Its an OTA download. Click the link on your Blackberry and it will go right to download. (don't click the link from you computer's browser)
    08-24-11 12:38 AM
    hi to all, i've just ordered my 9900. there is a way to come back to "old" os6 icons? i do not like the new ones.

thank you
    08-24-11 02:15 AM
    hi to all, i've just ordered my 9900. there is a way to come back to "old" os6 icons? i do not like the new ones.

thank you
    No, not yet.

08-24-11 07:01 AM
    Where did you get that link? I downloaded the beta directly on my device, OTA and as you can see, it works perfectly on my 9930!

its the 1.2.11 beta that the developer just posted on the facebook page. Its an OTA download. Click the link on your Blackberry and it will go right to download. (don't click the link from you computer's browser)
    I got it to download, setup my calender, and nothing shows....I deleted it.
    08-24-11 08:27 AM

This is awesome!

Thanks for the link!

I just purchased the app to get more than the 2 free widgets the free trial gives you... (I only wanted a wall paper & 2 widgets, but they count the wallpaper as a widget)
    08-25-11 04:20 AM
    Finally found them ..on blackberry app world , they're not fantastic but some do the job . Try The Best Today Theme by Zimplifier it isn't bad .
    08-25-11 09:39 AM
    Finally found them ..on blackberry app world , they're not fantastic but some do the job . Try The Best Today Theme by Zimplifier it isn't bad .
    I couldn't locate it on App world...Link?
    08-25-11 10:13 AM
    Search Results for "today" - BlackBerry App World

alternatively search for Today in app world utilities .

The one i'm using is called deToday which is ok but i prefer the The Best Today Theme by Zimplifier which allows you to see both calendar and messages on home screen
    08-25-11 12:18 PM
    I give up on getting any "Today" themes to work on my 9930.
    08-25-11 12:46 PM
    deToday didn't work ?it's working fine for me
    08-27-11 04:23 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD