I love my new BlackBerry Bold 9900, but having come off an Samsung Galaxy S2, iPhone 4 and BlackBerry Bold 9800/9700/9000 (in that reverse order), I've missed my custom themes that allow for a nice, minimalistic look around the idea of having a gorgeous screen and wallpaper.

Anything out yet?

Perhaps something like this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-theme-366246/

I'll even pay premium for a Reverie 9900 version (I don't usually pay, and only as long as it works just as it did before!)!
    08-16-11 10:46 AM
    there is no theme builder for OS7 yet
    08-16-11 10:46 AM
    there is no theme builder for OS7 yet
    Ditto, hence, there isn't a sub forum for the 9900 / 9930 themes or any OS 7 device for that matter.

Just like the days of OS 6, it took a while till themes started appearing.

Give it a while, enjoy and learn your new phone until the quality themes start appearing, then you'll feel you got a new 9900
    wigitee likes this.
    08-16-11 10:49 AM
    I need a Today theme quick , i'm missing my appointments !!
    08-20-11 04:49 AM
    I need a Today theme quick , i'm missing my appointments !!
    Umm, you do know that if you tap or click the space in between the profiles icon and the universal search icon on the screen you can bring down a full today section with calendar, messages, sms/mms, facebook, twitter, etc.

And back on topic, sadly there is no theme builder for OS7 as another member pointed out, so no themes yet. I'm a big theme guy myself so I can't wait! Anyone have an ETA at all??
    08-20-11 04:57 AM
    If it's anything like last time (OS6 theme builder) it could be months.
    08-20-11 06:43 AM
    Os6 theme builder beta didn't take long to come out.
    The official release was almost a year after the 9650 came out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 07:06 AM
    Yeah, what really torques me is that Appworld showed Themes for my phone and I wasted $1.99 on a theme that doesn't work! WTF?
    08-20-11 09:53 AM
    OK, I absolutely must call BS!

The 99XX is not even available for everyone yet and yet the OP wants to know why themes are not available???

How would a developer run said themes through real world paces WITHOUT A PHONE to do it with?

Yeeeesssshhhhh!

Mods, please close this thread and let it sink to the bottom.
    08-20-11 09:57 AM
    Huh?

Lots of people have the 9900 and the 9930.

But of course, as others have said, Theme Builder for 7.0 doesn't exist yet.
    wigitee likes this.
    08-20-11 10:04 AM
    Your right, the market is saturated with 99XX handset's, inspite of att not having them yet. Wtf

08-20-11 11:47 AM
    Looking forward for themes too. Does anyone know when rim will release theme builder?

08-20-11 12:59 PM
    Hey..Olblueyez..what are you doing in this thread if you're not a 99xx owner ?

Everyone else ..thanks for your input
    08-20-11 02:06 PM
    do you guys have this issue : in old BBM i'm given the option to retrieve or preview photos when received . In this one it just downloads it automatically .
    08-20-11 02:09 PM
    Hey..Olblueyez..what are you doing in this thread if you're not a 99xx owner ?

Everyone else ..thanks for your input
    Even better, why are people moaning about themes for a phone that is not even completely out yet?

bj1540 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    08-20-11 02:47 PM
    Even better, why are people moaning about themes for a phone that is not even completely out yet?

Ermmm it is out...just AT&T havent released it but most major networks have it out you numpty....not everyone is with at&t ya know lol
    08-20-11 03:25 PM
    i'm really surprised , i'm half way across the globe in the persian gulf and it's already released her
    08-20-11 04:26 PM
    Ermmm it is out...just AT&T havent released it but most major networks have it out you numpty....not everyone is with at&t ya know lol
    Did you call me a numpty? . I don't care what they say about you Spawn, your ok.

08-20-11 08:28 PM
    9900 was released by all carriers here in the UK over the last week. Got mine yesterday and was a little surprised at the lack of app world content.

... and I'm issing appointments too, so used to seeing them in front of me, just need to take on a new way of working till a today theme appears
    08-21-11 03:26 AM
    9900 was released by all carriers here in the UK over the last week. Got mine yesterday and was a little surprised at the lack of app world content.

... and I'm issing appointments too, so used to seeing them in front of me, just need to take on a new way of working till a today theme appears
    There IS a today screen on the stock OS7 theme... just click/tap in between the profiles icon and the universal search icon and all of your notifications are shown (of course, including calendar)... Why not just leave that screen down/shown if you want a today screen?
    08-21-11 03:59 AM
    There IS a today screen on the stock OS7 theme... just click/tap in between the profiles icon and the universal search icon and all of your notifications are shown (of course, including calendar)... Why not just leave that screen down/shown if you want a today screen?
    True, but he wants to be able to see them all without having to click/tap. I'm in the same boat...Cool that it's there, but the them makes is right on the screen for easy access without having to touch/search for it all.
    08-21-11 04:44 AM
    OK, I absolutely must call BS!

The 99XX is not even available for everyone yet and yet the OP wants to know why themes are not available???

How would a developer run said themes through real world paces WITHOUT A PHONE to do it with?

Yeeeesssshhhhh!

Mods, please close this thread and let it sink to the bottom.
    OS7 simulators have been available for quite some time, and RIM has been pushing developers to get their apps in line with OS7 for several weeks now (dev tools are available for apps).

That said, am I champing at the bit for a new Theme Studio? Abso-frickin-lutely....if only for the new binaries. Theme Studio in general is a big steaming pile of dung.
    08-21-11 05:31 AM
    OS7 simulators have been available for quite some time, and RIM has been pushing developers to get their apps in line with OS7 for several weeks now (dev tools are available for apps).

That said, am I champing at the bit for a new Theme Studio? Abso-frickin-lutely....if only for the new binaries. Theme Studio in general is a big steaming pile of dung.

I feel with these new phones, developers will be taking a second loop at RIMM now. I think the community may have somewhat distanced themsleves from BB, but now with these new devices getting such good reviews, they should have intwrest in porting their apps and paying attention to this user group again. They are gonna go where the traction and momentum is. I think they may have ignored RIMM lately and feel they may be coming back real soon as the demand for trhese new devices are really starting to heat up.

08-21-11 05:51 AM

I feel with these new phones, developers will be taking a second look at RIMM now. I think the community may have somewhat distanced themsleves from BB, but now with these new devices getting such good reviews, they should have intwrest in porting their apps and paying attention to this user group again. They are gonna go where the traction and momentum is. I think they may have ignored RIMM lately and feel they may be coming back real soon as the demand for trhese new devices are really starting to heat up.

08-21-11 05:53 AM
    Did you call me a numpty? . I don't care what they say about you Spawn, your ok.

Why yes, yes i did

Hats off to you sir for taking it in good humour.
    08-21-11 06:47 AM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD