Delete social feeds.

I deleted social feeds off my 9900 and my battery has basically doubled. Worked for a few of my friends with 9900's as well! Give it a try.

I think the app auto refreshes in the background regardless of the settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 11:18 AM
    Still find it perplexing that some claim "18 hours of moderate use" on a full charge, while for all it's worth, my battery's "dead" (08%) by 6pm (start at 8:00am).

Combination of battery/hardware/firmware? Could be, but at this point there's only so far I'll go to decipher this mystery.

Look, I'm not seeking miracles with a 1230mAh Li-On battery, but you've got to admit, something's up!!
    Agree with everything you say. Keep in mind the great variables - usage and perception of usage. What's the first thing they tell you when trying to lose weight - write down EVERYTHING you eat and drink for 24 hours. It usually ends up differing greatly from the perception of what you are eating and drinking - just human nature. So this probably adds to the discrepancy - in some cases, some people are heavier (or lighter) users than they perceive themselves to be. We need a control group!
    08-19-11 12:00 PM
    Delete social feeds.

I deleted social feeds off my 9900 and my battery has basically doubled. Worked for a few of my friends with 9900's as well! Give it a try.

I think the app auto refreshes in the background regardless of the settings.

Haven't used social feeds ever. I don't think i really need to delete it, do i?
    08-19-11 12:21 PM
    Why keep it if you don't use it, it can always be added back via the DM.

08-19-11 01:03 PM
    If you like keeping tabs on certain websites rss feeds then Social Feeds is the way to go to stay updated and Socially connected to FB, Twitter etc etc.

08-19-11 09:48 PM
    is the general consensus then that it is a great app but delete if you want your battery live doubled??
    My battery life is appalling.

Soap
    09-02-11 09:22 AM
    Why keep it if you don't use it, it can always be added back via the DM.

If you do not mark any of your social accounts from the social feeds app; it does not keep on refreshing itself as it has nothing to refresh inside. So if your Social Feeds app is empty inside with no linked account, it's not working so it does not have any good or bad impact against the battery life. That's why I think there is no need to delete it if it's empty inside.
    10-09-11 07:06 AM
    This is exactly correct, I live/work in two environments. All other things being equal:

At home, where I have plenty of signal (CDMA -90dBm at worst; four-five bars all the time), the battery lasts longer than 16 hours, constantly playing with the phone.

In my other environment (CDMA < -105 dBm; two bars if I'm lucky), the battery last barely 10 hours if I don't play with it.
    ...same here - I work at a college and turn off my connections either side of lunchtime because the place has servers running thru hundreds of computers all day long and it used to kill the battery on my 9800 so I'd guess it'd do the same on my 9900.
    10-09-11 07:15 AM
    I don�t know whats wrong with my phone/battery but this is not normal:
    10-10-11 01:05 PM
    I don�t know whats wrong with my phone/battery but this is not normal:
    BIS outage? http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ser...k-server-blame
    10-10-11 01:08 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD