I see many posts of the 9900 & Some of the new torch.

But not the Applo?.

My question is:

Are you gonna consider looking at the Blackberry appolo?.

Or Is it not gonna be taken seriously?. And will not have many buyers.?

NOTE:
    Just so you're aware. Apparently, The applo is releasing the same date as the Bold 9900/9930.
    08-02-11 06:47 PM
    Naah its just a new form factor nothing interesting there
    08-02-11 06:51 PM
    Appollo's design, In my opinion Is a fail.
    08-02-11 06:53 PM
    Sorry bro this is a qwerty lovers page.
    08-02-11 07:07 PM
    On a site like CrackBerry which tends to attracts the enthusiasts, the new BlackBerry Curves are the least exciting of the bunch.

But for RIM, I wouldn't doubt if the new Curve is the best seller of the new BlackBerry 7 devices. If it hits the market for CHEAP, which it will, it'll do really well - especially in international markets. It's a really nice phone. Feels great in the hand (light in weight but not cheap feeling at all), and has specs that trump the current Bold 9780. I think it'll do really well.
    d_pang, AceStreaming and grover5 like this.
    08-02-11 07:07 PM
    In my school, Nearly everyone has a curve 8520.
    Even if the bold is better, The curve get's sold more, No?
    08-02-11 07:10 PM
    The Curves have the market of consumers that have no data plan (but perhaps with unlimited messaging and email) all to itself. Why spend more on a phone that will do pretty much the same things a Curve will do without a data plan?

Not to mention, some people (I think Qbnkelt might be one of them...) just simply have a preference for the Curve keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-02-11 at 07:53 PM.
    08-02-11 07:25 PM
    My favourite keyboard is the Curve keyboard. I would not discount the Apollo so readily. I think that it will be a great entry device, and certainly one I would consider if I had a teenage son or daughter.
    I'm going with the 9810 because I love the form factor and the 9900 because it's just a dream phone, but I wouldn't see anything negative with the Apollo.
    I might even get one just for 'scuz...
    Jeeez I need an intervention....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 07:26 PM
    On a site like CrackBerry which tends to attracts the enthusiasts, the new BlackBerry Curves are the least exciting of the bunch.

But for RIM, I wouldn't doubt if the new Curve is the best seller of the new BlackBerry 7 devices. If it hits the market for CHEAP, which it will, it'll do really well - especially in international markets. It's a really nice phone. Feels great in the hand (light in weight but not cheap feeling at all), and has specs that trump the current Bold 9780. I think it'll do really well.

If RIM MSRP's it at the $349CND mark and the Carriers Apply a $200 3 year term credit you'll see it sell amazingly well
    The US market it still will be a hard phone to push, since there are far more low end Androids to compete with now than in the past, but in every other world market I suspect this phone to do well, I know 2 people who can't wait for it, they just hate the Bold Keyboard.
    08-02-11 08:32 PM
    I actually may think about picking up the new Curve as a secondary phone because I want to give BB a shot.
    08-02-11 08:37 PM
    If i dont get the bold then the apollo is my next choice
    08-02-11 08:49 PM
    I still love those curve keys ... Oh the 8330 days.... Sniff sniff...

08-02-11 09:07 PM
    I still love those curve keys ... Oh the 8330 days.... Sniff sniff...

That's the one place they really muffed the shot, losing that great 8330 keyboard. Curves haven't been the same since, IMO.

08-02-11 09:39 PM
    as history has shown, the curve series has been a bestseller for rim.lots of people prefer the curve form factor over bold/torch.and curve is an affordable piece of hardware for people with money constraints. so rim thinks for all not just one group's liking.also,one point in time the curve(8300) series topped the iphone in best smartphones list.so you see how things can change.today's curve may not edge today's iphone but there is an audience that prefers the curve for their business or commercial use.
    08-02-11 10:14 PM
    I've not have a curve in my school. But I can't see anyone have the bold.
    Last edited by AceStreaming; 08-03-11 at 07:59 AM.
    08-03-11 07:52 AM
    At my High school.
    The ration from curves(83xx, 88xx, 85xx, 89xx, 93xx) to bolds(9650, 9000, 97xx) are about 7 to 1

08-03-11 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD