i own blackberry and iphone so I visit both crackberry and tipb websites. I got the impression that crackberry forum discussion is a lot more active than tipb. I also noted on crackberry forum there are a lot of apple users coming in to share their 2 cents, usually criticisms, whereas in tipb i hardly seen blackberry users went there giving their 2 cents. does that mean a lot of blackberry users are also iphone users whereas a lot of iphone users are just single device ipbone users?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 01:45 AM
    i own blackberry and iphone so I visit both crackberry and tipb websites. I got the impression that crackberry forum discussion is a lot more active than tipb. I also noted on crackberry forum there are a lot of apple users coming in to share their 2 cents, usually criticisms, whereas in tipb i hardly seen blackberry users went there giving their 2 cents. does that mean a lot of blackberry users are also iphone users whereas a lot of iphone users are just single device ipbone users?

Nah, us BlackBerry users just have enough respect to not go to other forums and sh*t talk. Every BlackBerry user on this entire forum will agree that Apple makes a GREAT product, Many android phones are great too, but BlackBerry just fits our needs better than many of the others.

Everyone will agree, even iPhone users that the iPhone is meant for more games etc. Whereas BlackBerry is more business oriented with GREAT e-mail and bbm etc.

Different strokes for different folks, why should we go over to the android or apple forums and yell at their users telling them BLACKBERRY IS BETTER etc? BlackBerry is by no means BETTER.. It is just entirely PREFERENCE and that is what all of the haters that go on other forums to talk sh*t don't understand.

I am glad you realized that these forums are pretty clean compared to many others, we care more about peoples opinions and ideas and UNDERSTAND that its PREFERENCE.

There are a few people on here that I know either jump between a torch or 9780 and an iPhone 4, every other week, or just use one for business and one for games.

BlackBerry's can go the entire day easily without dieing on you and that is with pretty heavy use, whereas iPhone and Droid products sometimes will be dead half way through the day. This is not me playing hate on other phones though because guess what? THEIR OS's ARE MUCH PRETTIER, games run much better, etc. the list goes on and on. I love my BB and I'm never leaving RIM for anything, but by NO MEANS will I go and hate on other people to force them to use my device. I will support the BlackBerry if ever a discussion arises, but I will never go out of control like many "trolls" tend to do on other forums.

Sorry for a long speech, but I appreciate you realized how nice our community is (and by that I mean BlackBerry community which is also = CrackBerry community ). With a community of course comes some crap and we do see it here too, but we try as hard as possible to prevent it and I'm glad that you were able to see it. [:

PS. These forums are kinda slow right now just because we are all entirely lost as to the release date of the 9900 and we have started up enough rumor threads etc. about absolutely everything possible to try and hold our interest as well hold us over until it is released, there really isn't much more to talk about at the moment :X

I'm assuming that you probably aren't even going to read all of this, but hey! The forums have been slow so I have had the craving to start typing for a while
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-13-11 at 02:11 AM.
    06-13-11 02:07 AM
    well said flip!

everyone is going to have the impression their device is better, hence they chose it over the competing device in question.

ive had almost every phone os about. granted IOS is great, as well as the BB os I had many years ago, im even using a windows phone now! all have pros and cons which are to many to list!

I left iPhone because I didn't like the yearly device release, which often made previous versions lacking and redundant... its hard to upgrade to it in an 18-24 month contract!
    that doesn't make me a hater!

its similar to the old mac/windows argument. or even ps3/xbox. it will never get resolved until one forces the other out.

06-13-11 03:23 AM
    Yeah. Flip said it perfectly.
    And I bet some of those trolls are 15yrs old and don't even own ANY phone. lol

06-13-11 05:23 AM
    I think part of the reason for this behavior is due to the fact that a lot of people have left BlackBerry products for the iPhone/Android in the last few years (I happen to be one of them). While I do feel like my iPhone is a better device for me (I'm not a business user), I do see the merits of the BlackBerry platform and I like to keep an eye on what's coming out in case I have the desire to switch back. Both platforms have their advantages as well as their shortfalls, but you won't see me on either site bashing any device, merely offering my opinion since I have experience with both Apple and BlackBerry products. What I don't understand is why some people choose to register for this site with the sole intention of ragging on RIM (members who have been active less than a month with a post count of roughly 5). I stick around here to keep an eye on what's coming so that I can be better informed about what choices are out there and I'm also a member of Android Central and WP Central for the same reason.
    Last edited by Scout_313; 06-13-11 at 07:07 AM.
    bigbamboo, reeneebob and big_time2 like this.
    06-13-11 06:01 AM
    Another point is that there are iphone, android, win7 etc. sections on crackberry. I don't know about tipb if they have sections for other devices. So there are users that come here for those sections but read the thread titles and just can't help themselves from turning into a troll.

But anyway, welcome!
    06-13-11 06:40 AM
    They think they're top **** because they can chirp us with there gaming phone, where as us blackberry/soon to be blackberry users(ME) really just use it for bbm, internet, and social networking. We dont need to chirp because theres no need too, both are really great phones
    06-13-11 04:59 PM
    Nah, us BlackBerry users just have enough respect to not go to other forums and sh*t talk. Every BlackBerry user on this entire forum will agree that Apple makes a GREAT product, Many android phones are great too, but BlackBerry just fits our needs better than many of the others.
    Great Product.

Not phone. .
    Because it isn't.

But you know, let the flamers in, it gives us more site hits and more site hits gives us more podcasts.
    06-13-11 05:12 PM
    Friend of mine just spent a bad 2 weeks with a new Samsung Captivate. She thought she'd get away from her stodgy old 8310 and fly with an Android. Games, music, speed - oh my! Great device until she wanted it to handle email and messaging like her old Blackberry; to at least hold onto a call. Plugged in to charge most of the day. The Captivate could play pool, angry birds and golf...but couldn't function as the business tool she needed. The Captivate's going back and she's getting a new Blackberry Torch. The right tool for the right job...nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by eBud; 06-13-11 at 08:42 PM.
    06-13-11 08:35 PM
    Did she bother troubleshooting the connection? I can tell you I never had a dropped call in the over 10 months with a Galaxy series, although I did have dropped calls with my Berrys and Palm phones. Sounds like network or settings to me, so I am curious if she did anything about it other than give up.

As far as email or messaging, I still don't see how BB is better for them unless you are in a corporate environment. For my email and texting needs I have perfectly reliable service and I am every bit as fast typing on a virtual keyboard. ****, I planned my wedding on an Android device including sending, receiving and editing contracts and documents, as well as keeping appointments straight while trying not to have a breakdown. It did perfectly fine - every bit as well as I would expect a BB to do if I had one. Better, in fact, because for diagrams and floor plans I could actually see it on the gorgeous screen on that SGS *drool*.

I hate this fallacy that iPhones and Android users are just gamers and can't possibly use it for constructive purposes.

I think the big reason there are so many Android users and Apple users is we started on BB, and left due to whatever reason (in my case, I was sick of RIM never releasing anything revolutionary, it was the same damn phone over and over again). However we have created friendships and relationships with posters here, in some cases we have helped others or help BB users in our daily lives and need to stay up on whats happening. I will, however, speak up when I see 'factual' information about Android or Apple devices that is blatantly false.
    06-13-11 09:07 PM
    I think there are a lot of very loud BB haters who make a lot of noise. If you notice the Android forum is very quiet, whereas the BB General Discussion and News/Rumours sections are almost always buzzing. There's been quite an effort lately (thank you mods!) to remove the trolls, and it's a lot nicer environment.
    I had an Atrix for over a month. Started out loving it then when the "ooohhh, purty!!!" factor wore off I realised it wasn't a fit for me. So after I posted my experiences I left the Android forum. No need to go there, it holds no interest.
    Ditto for the 3GS, but I did bash the iPhone when I returned it....I was very disappointed in it and I lashed out. I haven't posted in the iPhone forum since I decided against the iPad (no flash) and since I made the istake of going Atrix instead of iP5 as a secondary device. No need to visit there.

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-14-11 at 07:14 AM.
    06-14-11 07:08 AM
    reeneebob...

I'm sorry my friend is such a disapointment to you! We work in imaging services for a large health care corporation in the mid south. We're not afraid of computers! Put yourself in her place where you'd bring home your new car and discover that you had to root the electronic ignition to get the same performance as you had with your trade-in. Is that standard?

Yes, she talked at length with AT&T tech support on 3 occasions without remedy. Her last straw was discovering the device would not even receive or send mms pix, a simple task, then finding it was a known bug (Google it) with the Captivate. I'm not saying that she can't take a challenge, but she just expected the device to work without reengineering or frustration.

I have nothing against iPs or androids, glad you're enjoying yours. Just sayin', "to each his own".
    Last edited by eBud; 06-14-11 at 08:12 AM.
    06-14-11 07:56 AM
    eBud - Agreed! No platform is perfect for everyone. It's OK to try one and find it doesn't suit. Really, it's not an earth-shattering event! But many folks were highly offended when I mentioned that there were things about the Atrix that disapointed me. Some mentioned I didn't put in enough time.
    Over 30 days is plenty long enough to find a device is not for me.

eBud likes this.
    06-14-11 10:15 AM
    Ive had a BlackBerry since 2008 (Curve) and upgraded to a Bold 9700 in 2009. Had the 9700 up until this past weekend. Phone was busted up on Thursday night, and went to get an iPhone on Friday morning. I reluctantly used my upgrade, but having no other phone, I needed something.

I played with the iPhone 4 all weekend. Great phone, great toy, but simply could not do what I wanted to do with it. Luckily, I found my Curve and promptly returned my iPhone.

Having seen the other side, I now have a better appreciation for BlackBerry. I only hope that RIM can revive their brand. The iPhone lacked virtually every "natural" move I'd make on my BlackBerry and simply did not suit me.

I often scratch my head at how some people seem to write off BlackBerry for the well marketed "flashiness" of Android and Apple. In my opinion, they hold nothing to the accessibility of what the BlackBerry operating system can offer.
    06-14-11 10:41 AM
    eBud - Agreed! No platform is perfect for everyone. It's OK to try one and find it doesn't suit. Really, it's not an earth-shattering event! But many folks were highly offended when I mentioned that there were things about the Atrix that disapointed me. Some mentioned I didn't put in enough time.
    Over 30 days is plenty long enough to find a device is not for me.

It is perplexing. I am artistically and technically facinated by the android platform and its potential! Wow! Wish it didn't come out of the box with so many quirks that just can't be overlooked. Not all units are ready for Prime Time but you get pounded if you don't accept them as they are.

Reminds me of the electric power vs gas powered car debate. We're compelled as consumers to want an eCar, it's hip and cool, the responsible thing to do, good for just everything on the planet...but it comes with so many "exceptions"; things that must be excused or overlooked at this point in its development that it's not always practical for the average driver. But if you're cool, you'll buy it anyway and then quietly deal with its inherent problems on your own, or else...

Political correctness? I wonder.
    Last edited by eBud; 06-14-11 at 11:55 AM.
    06-14-11 11:04 AM
    EXCEPTIONALLY brilliant analogy!!!!

That's it, exactly. You're expected to deal with the shortcomings because of the WOW factor some feel for it!!!

Dang it, that was awesome.

06-14-11 11:20 AM
    This is a refreshing board to see. Flip, your words are an inspiration. And I personally would like to nominate you for Office.

In all seriousness though, we open our Forums to anyone, and we welcome the healthy debate.

reeneebob likes this.
    06-14-11 02:09 PM
    reeneebob...

I'm sorry my friend is such a disapointment to you! We work in imaging services for a large health care corporation in the mid south. We're not afraid of computers! Put yourself in her place where you'd bring home your new car and discover that you had to root the electronic ignition to get the same performance as you had with your trade-in. Is that standard?

Yes, she talked at length with AT&T tech support on 3 occasions without remedy. Her last straw was discovering the device would not even receive or send mms pix, a simple task, then finding it was a known bug (Google it) with the Captivate. I'm not saying that she can't take a challenge, but she just expected the device to work without reengineering or frustration.

I have nothing against iPs or androids, glad you're enjoying yours. Just sayin', "to each his own".
    First I do want to apologize because my post came off a tad ruder than intended - overtired and hockey game frustrations. I do know that AT&T really handcuffed the Captivate. I asked because it didn't sound like she had troubleshot it. I never had to change settings out of the box on the Vibrant so I have to wonder how much of the issues she had are things AT&T also had Samsung lock down. I know I couldn''t send or receive MMS on my Berries because Bell blocked it at the time.

I totally agree to each his own. I just wish that others felt the same. I am not a phone snob by any means, since the only OS I haven't used is Symbian. I have actually been told to shut up on an Android board because I no longer have an Android.

Qbnkelt - I'm sorry that you didn't like the Atrix. The hubby looked at it - it was between the Atrix and the iPhone. I am glad that up here the carriers don't seem to dictate to handset makers what they will allow the phones to do or not do. Bell has even gone so far as to not brand their phones. I won a Telus Fascinate and that sucker was branded hardcore, and there were things I could do on my Bell Vibrant that I couldn't on the Fascinate, likely due to Telus demands. Don't think twice about iPhone though - I love it so far and the battery life is incredible.

The thing is that there have been one too many times that there are Android or iPhone 'cons' that are simply not true trotted out as gospel truth and if I see that, I will speak up. It's no different than if I posted that I know that BBs explode and deafen their users, I would expect a BB user to say "Ummmm wait a minute".
    eBud likes this.
    06-14-11 02:25 PM
    i think people bash Blackberries cause it's the THING TO DO ... when the first iphone or even the 3G or 3Gs came out there wasnt so much HATE towards Blackberries.. now you can't turn your head without reading an article or a blog or a thread on how bad RIM is doing! (it's the work of the apple evangelists! haha)

i don't think they are doing bad.. i read another thread where someone made a good point that RIM had such a large marketshare that when it started going down because of android and iphone people thought they were doing BAD! android and apple just give more variety (more options at the buffet bar) so people can pick and choose what they like!

i think RIM is going to plateau now with realistic market share instead of the ballooned marketshare they had before android and apple..

and the fact that 12 year olds have iphones and they have nothing better to do then internet trash talk! "LOOK MY TOY IS BETTER THEN YOURS"

i always tell people that their too dumb to figure out a blackberry so they use an iphone, at least if your a techie android phones are fun to tweak and mess around with.
    06-14-11 03:17 PM
    @reeneebob - You know, it was a great device the first few days, but as time wore on and the newness wore off little things began to bother me, and the number of little things just increased to the point that I began to reach for my Torch more and more...finally, it was just too frustrating.
    The multimedia experience kills the BB, in my opinion. Unfortunately, for my use, it didn't make up for the things that bothered me.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-14-11 03:18 PM
    and the fact that 12 year olds have iphones and they have nothing better to do then internet trash talk! "LOOK MY TOY IS BETTER THEN YOURS"

i always tell people that their too dumb to figure out a blackberry so they use an iphone, at least if your a techie android phones are fun to tweak and mess around with.
    See the very thoughtful first part of your post was ruined by that.

I guess I'm a 36 year old 12 year old? Or I was too dumb to figure out my 3 Blackberries?

I guess all the pre teens and teens with BBs for BBM don't exist since they all own iPhones?

You were doing so well before you turned into the typical RIM troll/Phone basher.
    06-14-11 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD