I have now had two Bold 9930s brick on me. The first after two months and its replacement from Verizion bricked on Thanksgiving morning after only two weeks. My third one is on its way and I will have to waste another day waiting for Fedex to deliver it. I hope for my sake and BlackBerry's that this phone will not have the problem. I loved the phone when it worked but one more bricking and I'm through with BlackBerry. Don't even think of buying one until they solve their problem. If BlackBerry was well meaning, they would stop sales of the 9900/9930 until they have resolved the issue. Otherwise all they are selling is great inconvenience and dissapointment. I have already spent two weekends without my phone and wasted hours getting my phone and data restored.
    11-26-11 12:33 PM
    This is a reason why I'm holding off on the 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 12:35 PM
    This is a reason why I'm holding off on the 9930.

Just a reminder - some of us are still on our originally purchased 9930's. Mine nuked twice but is far less of a bother than my last two devices. Total downtime: less than one and a half hours combined.

I understand your position though; even with the number of units that work great it's still a crapshoot to get one, because you just don't know by looking at them.
    11-26-11 01:35 PM
    I was at ATT two days before Thanksgiving because my Motorola Finiti headset crapped out on me and I needed to buy a new one. Waiting around I played with the 9900 again and I just can't decide if I really want the phone next year. I am picky and I have been going through so many youtube videos watching Some of the Samsung Devices, the BB 9790. I always go back to thinking about BB. Security is a must have importance to me and BB kills it! I hate vlingo on BB because it's a huge battery drainer. I want a decent voice app that I can dictate my texts like an Android does. I like a bigger screen, faster better browser. Battery is best on BB. Love the LED notification on the BB. I do like widgets though. I like both physical and virtual keyboard. Just hard to decide.

Oh and one more thing, looking at the Android forums, trying to update an OS freaks me out with all the different steps including ROMS and all that. I think BB is easier to understand.

Last edited by calicocat2010; 11-26-11 at 02:04 PM.
    11-26-11 01:59 PM
    Another 1 post noob with a bricking tale...

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/pgr1966/SmellsLikeBull****.jpg[/IMG]
    anon(73368) and omi10468 like this.
    11-26-11 02:06 PM
    I have now had two Bold 9930s brick on me. The first after two months and its replacement from Verizion bricked on Thanksgiving morning after only two weeks. My third one is on its way and I will have to waste another day waiting for Fedex to deliver it. I hope for my sake and BlackBerry's that this phone will not have the problem. I loved the phone when it worked but one more bricking and I'm through with BlackBerry. Don't even think of buying one until they solve their problem. If BlackBerry was well meaning, they would stop sales of the 9900/9930 until they have resolved the issue. Otherwise all they are selling is great inconvenience and dissapointment. I have already spent two weekends without my phone and wasted hours getting my phone and data restored.

Can you list what apps you had on both devices, charger used, Os build and what the phone was doing when it bricked.

Thanks.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-26-11 02:08 PM
    My 2-month-old 9730 died 2 days ago after the battery ran out. Carrier is charging me $35 to replace. Should be $0. Don't think BB will be in my future.
    11-26-11 04:20 PM
    Every device has issues one way or another there should be a lemon law with smart phones I think we get the shaft as consumers. I have had several android devices and none were perfect, look at antenna gate with apple there fix was a case for every owner lol.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    11-26-11 04:35 PM
    I was at ATT two days before Thanksgiving because my Motorola Finiti headset crapped out on me and I needed to buy a new one. Waiting around I played with the 9900 again and I just can't decide if I really want the phone next year. I am picky and I have been going through so many youtube videos watching Some of the Samsung Devices, the BB 9790. I always go back to thinking about BB. Security is a must have importance to me and BB kills it! I hate vlingo on BB because it's a huge battery drainer. I want a decent voice app that I can dictate my texts like an Android does. I like a bigger screen, faster better browser. Battery is best on BB. Love the LED notification on the BB. I do like widgets though. I like both physical and virtual keyboard. Just hard to decide.

Oh and one more thing, looking at the Android forums, trying to update an OS freaks me out with all the different steps including ROMS and all that. I think BB is easier to understand.

For me it was just the opposite. My Android was the most hassle free phone I ever owned! I don't like tinkering with my phones. I just want them to work. Updating the Android OS took 15 minutes both times, and was over the air. The OS updates quickly and without having to plug in to a PC. All settings are restored automatically.

I use a lot of Google products too: Gmail, Maps, Voice, sync, calendar,books, talk. All automatically synced on Android after the initial sigh in. Loved that!

Email amazing, embedded images and HTML. I already got my first truncated email on my BlackBerry and ove been back one day! Lol.

Still, there's a lot of cons to Andtoid too. That's why I'm back with BlackBerry for now. I'm not liking some things like the reboots reqired after installing or deleting apps.

I rebooted my Android maybe once a month.

Rooting does seem complicated though. It isn't need though at all to own an Android.
    11-26-11 05:19 PM
    Just a reminder - some of us are still on our originally purchased 9930's. Mine nuked twice but is far less of a bother than my last two devices. Total downtime: less than one and a half hours combined.

I understand your position though; even with the number of units that work great it's still a crapshoot to get one, because you just don't know by looking at them.
    I'm not willing to take the risk. I am patient and will wait. It will be resoled I'm sure!

My last two devices, one was terribly buggy and the other gave me zero hassles. I much prefer no hassles and it is possible.

My next device will be one that has been out a while and has had bugs worked out! So far, my 9650 has been bug free.
    11-26-11 05:22 PM
    I'm not willing to take the risk. I am patient and will wait. It will be resoled I'm sure!

My last two devices, one was terribly buggy and the other gave me zero hassles. I much prefer no hassles and it is possible.

My next device will be one that has been out a while and has had bugs worked out! So far, my 9650 has been bug free.
    Chrisy you went back to bb????
    11-26-11 05:32 PM
    Yes, traded my Thunderbolt for a 9650.
    11-26-11 05:57 PM

If security is a must, stay away from android. The permissions given and the kind of apps available are just too diverse and risky. I only use gmail there because it's required for android for many of its function, all other emails I use my bb.
    11-26-11 07:14 PM
    I had whatever the latest OS7 version is. I can't list all the apps right now but all I did was connect the phone to a BB charger and put it to sleep for the night to wake up at 8:30 in the morning. I woke before that and noticed the slow flashing red light. I pulled the battery to start a reboot but nothing happened. This was the same scenario when my origional 9930 failed after 2 months. My second replacement will arrive tomorrow and I plan to never turn the phone off even when charging during the night. That may not nelp but I have to try something different. Hopefully, BB will find the source of the problem soon and provide a solution.
    11-27-11 03:20 PM
    If security is a must, stay away from android. The permissions given and the kind of apps available are just too diverse and risky. I only use gmail there because it's required for android for many of its function, all other emails I use my bb.

I have turned my phone of while charging and haven't had a problem yet.

I have had my 9930 since the first week of sept and haven't had a problem of nuked or bricking yet, knock on wood.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-27-11 03:31 PM
    i have also had my 1 and only 9930 since sept with not a single issue.
    11-27-11 03:45 PM
    For me it was just the opposite. My Android was the most hassle free phone I ever owned! I don't like tinkering with my phones. I just want them to work. Updating the Android OS took 15 minutes both times, and was over the air. The OS updates quickly and without having to plug in to a PC. All settings are restored automatically.

I use a lot of Google products too: Gmail, Maps, Voice, sync, calendar,books, talk. All automatically synced on Android after the initial sigh in. Loved that!

Email amazing, embedded images and HTML. I already got my first truncated email on my BlackBerry and ove been back one day! Lol.

Still, there's a lot of cons to Andtoid too. That's why I'm back with BlackBerry for now. I'm not liking some things like the reboots reqired after installing or deleting apps.

I rebooted my Android maybe once a month.

Rooting does seem complicated though. It isn't need though at all to own an Android.
    Me too! I like having my phone work, I don't like messing with it except for customization. I only use Google for either School or Ebay. I mainly use Yahoo as my primary email service. The rooting, I would probably stay away from because I would not be an expert at that at all. I know that BB is going to upgrade their integration to where we don't have truncated mail, but don't know when that will be.
    11-27-11 07:22 PM
    Yeah I know, no one does it better than Blackberry. I just like different form factors, and widgets, and bigger screen. I have Gmail, but hardly use it and if I was get a Samsung Phone, I would set up Gmail to have my other emails from Yahoo forwarded over.

I keep looking online at Great Deals for all these phones, and 9900 is what I want, it's what I'm looking for but Bricking can't have,Most of the OS6 Apps are not compatible with OS7....yes I know there are tons of apps on the Android Market that work the same as the OS6 apps and even similar ones, but I would have to start all over at paying for some, and I really can't do that.

I''ll just wait until August to upgrade then I'll have some amazing deals and phones to choose from.
    11-27-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD