Okay so I'm having this issue that I noticed recently, I have Blackberry 9900 and when I walk out n I have to use the touch screen n it works sometimes n sometimes doesn't n at indoor the light dims n everything is fine just is it me really cause it should work fine... I mean I have a screen protector on but if its screen protector then I should have this issue indoor too ?
    03-26-12 07:00 AM
    mine does
    03-26-12 07:24 AM
    mine does
    Damn you then hahah
    03-26-12 07:29 AM
    My buddy covers the proximity sensor when in the sun, cause sometimes, his backlight and/or screen doesn't brighten in direct sunlight. Seems to work for him more often than not.
    03-26-12 08:02 AM
    My buddy covers the proximity sensor when in the sun, cause sometimes, his backlight and/or screen doesn't brighten in direct sunlight. Seems to work for him more often than not.
    Yes i see, but what should i do? should i go go back to my carrier and let them have a look ?
    03-26-12 12:27 PM
    Go for RMA if it's still under warranty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 12:35 PM
    Go for RMA if it's still under warranty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes it is still under warranty, but i will install 7.0 OS as it came from my carrier so i will know its not a software issue but hardware as it seem, what is RMA ?
    03-26-12 01:36 PM
    ...what is RMA ?
    Return merchandise authorization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    03-26-12 01:47 PM
    Thanks Dr. Phill

Last thing, since I'm having one year hardware warranty and 2 years software, is it a good idea to go to them with the leaked installed or should i just install the one came along with it when i bought it?
    03-26-12 02:52 PM
    I've got the same issue. Haven't got it before. I'm on 7.1.0.342. Is it software fault?
    03-26-12 03:04 PM
    I've got the same issue. Haven't got it before. I'm on 7.1.0.342. Is it software fault?
    To be honest I really don't know, when I was on 7.0 I never noticed it, and on 7.1 any I installed even on .342 same as yours I'm having this issue, I will switch back to 7.0 to make sure its a software issue or hardware, and mailed my carrier hope they gonna reply by tomorrow, this is so annoying! Its like screen is hacked and no one let's you use it! Weird when out! All else it works like charm!
    03-26-12 03:47 PM
    To be honest I really don't know, when I was on 7.0 I never noticed it, and on 7.1 any I installed even on .342 same as yours I'm having this issue, I will switch back to 7.0 to make sure its a software issue or hardware, and mailed my carrier hope they gonna reply by tomorrow, this is so annoying! Its like screen is hacked and no one let's you use it! Weird when out! All else it works like charm!
    Let me know please if changing OS fixing it.
    03-27-12 11:04 AM
    I have this problem as I type this. I figured out that it IS an os issue. Also, the media player is an issue as well. The these problems are on OS .267, .284(I'm on this one), & .342 hopefully RIM fixes whwatever is wrong with the sensor and media player.
    03-27-12 11:29 AM
    Let me know please if changing OS fixing it.
    It is a software issue with some phones, just downgrade to 7.0 (the OS came with the phone) it will be fixed, i have tried it but i am trying to figure it out how to be on 7.1 without this issue, as soon as i found any of the fix will post it.
    Vigolec likes this.
    03-29-12 12:47 PM
    It is a software issue with some phones, just downgrade to 7.0 (the OS came with the phone) it will be fixed, i have tried it but i am trying to figure it out how to be on 7.1 without this issue, as soon as i found any of the fix will post it.
    Great! Software issue will be fixed - I hope - easily. Maybe next OS ver. It is too hard to me to go back to 7.0
    Thanks for answer!
    Martis94 likes this.
    03-29-12 01:16 PM
    Great! Software issue will be fixed - I hope - easily. Maybe next OS ver. It is too hard to me to go back to 7.0
    Thanks for answer!
    You are welcome, But its that OS from that "N4BB" i think that OS is very good i only had two issues, but now only one that was the touch screen thing, but I have downloaded an official and gotta wait for tomorrow morning in order to check it out if an official works fine or not, or else gotta wait for a new release, but i gotta say it has the best battery life i have experience so far
    03-29-12 03:25 PM
    7.1.0.205 is the last 7.1 OS that worked well for me(sunlight & media player). But, my computer will not recognize it so I can't downgrade to it . Also, I tried to downgrade back down to 7.0 like linux.bbm said, and everything was going smooth till it bricked on me midday . Now i'm on 7.1.0.342(official) And, dealing with the issues
    03-29-12 04:28 PM
    7.1.0.205 is the last 7.1 OS that worked well for me(sunlight & media player). But, my computer will not recognize it so I can't downgrade to it . Also, I tried to downgrade back down to 7.0 like linux.bbm said, and everything was going smooth till it bricked on me midday . Now i'm on 7.1.0.342(official) And, dealing with the issues
    That's bad! But anyways I'm trying an official OS today gotta wait for sun to rise n shine to test it n will let you know if that worked! Its the BEST OS yet. And if it didn't for some weird reason I will switch back to OS 7.0 and install battery saver!
    03-29-12 05:29 PM
    Me too! I'm on 267 and the touchscreen sometimes just decides to not accept any input. I kept tapping the screen hard to get anything, sometimes indoors too, and outdoors too. But everything else works, trackpad and all the phone.

I IZ SAD!
    03-29-12 05:35 PM
    To me this would hardly be a reason to downgrade, unless you are in the sunlight 24hrs then maybe??
    03-29-12 08:41 PM
    The sunlight doesn't affect my touchscreen but every now and then my touchscreen doesn't respond and i have to use my trackpad.
    03-29-12 08:44 PM
    The sunlight doesn't affect my touchscreen but every now and then my touchscreen doesn't respond and i have to use my trackpad.
    Same.

Which OS are you on?
    03-30-12 10:32 AM
    Where I live, it was dull and windy today, my battery was pretty much below 10% (to a point where the network turned off) and the touch wasn't respondng as well, maybe low battery power affects it too?
    03-30-12 10:53 AM
    Where I live, it was dull and windy today, my battery was pretty much below 10% (to a point where the network turned off) and the touch wasn't respondng as well, maybe low battery power affects it too?
    No, its not the hardware (trackpad or screen) its actually a bug in OS 7.1
    And if you cover the trackpad with some paper or something that doesn't let the sunlight to pass through the paper, you will see screen to be working back just fine
    03-30-12 12:10 PM
    Well its not the touch screen itself but a bug in OS 7.1, Only those peoples who uses directly out in sunlight (facing sun) those gets effected
    03-30-12 12:11 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD